test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to Healer

bhale187#9441 bhale187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I got my Cleric pretty well geared up (46k IL) and decided to do a Devoted Healer loadout. I’m new to the healing role in NW and never paid much attention to healers scores at the end of dungeons, trials, etc.
Got about a dozen RTQ and REQ under my belt I’m doing 13-17m in healing and 2-3 million damage. Running Mystagogue with 5 rank 15 Indomitable runestones. I’ve only done true random queues, non with alliance yet. But, I’ve been highest heal in each trial so far.
I know there’s buffs that aren’t getting scores that are hard to quantify, but
Just wondering if I’m pulling my weight in heals before I jump in with my alliance for real runs like LOMM, IC or VOS.
I’ve read and watched a lot of online build suggestions, but most are pre combat rework. Any tips for a newbie DC?

Comments

• bhale187#9441 bhale187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I couldn’t figure out how to edit first post. I wanted to add what’s a number or goal to shoot for as a healer? Should I give up the AOE companion damage for an augment companion for more healing?
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Only run aug's if you need the stats. I usually run Xuna during trash, and switch to the Black Death Scorpion for boss fights for the permanent Combat Advantage for the entire team.

Power and outgoing heals are your primary stats that you want get as high as possible. it is currently impossible to cap OGH. So, IMO, cap power, and get OGH as high as you can, as they are both as effective as each other (you CAN sacrifice OGH for power without losing how effective your heals are).

Next, you want your crit attact and crit severity to be capped, if possible. but you don't want to sacrifice power or OGH for this.

At 46K IL you should be able to comfortably heal LOMM and IC without any issues. Not sure about VOS... Only one way to find out though, right?
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Also keep in mind that depending on what gear you're running, your out of combat stats might be different to your in combat stats.

When I'm out of combat, my stats look a little low, but when I'm in combat, they are higher, especially my power, which is where I shifted my primary focus to.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock