test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boons

Boons have become pretty lame for the amount of work you do to collect all of them.
However, with the addition of new areas, and more boons added,
I'd love to see that turn into more customization.
Make a new tier of boons. Another tier of 'pick two'.
Have six options.
Three of those options should be race specific. They should include buffs against the races known foes, defensive buffs against the same, and perhaps a ratings buff to things the race is known to be good at. (as and example; elves could get buffs against orcs, (+1% damage per level vs orcs), defense against orcs (+1% damage resistance vs orcs per level) awareness buff (+0.5% awareness per level)
The other three options should be based on the characters deity. (one should buff an offensive stat, one a defensive stat, and one a utility stat)

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Boons have become pretty lame for the amount of work you do to collect all of them.
    Have six options.
    Three of those options should be race specific. They should include buffs against the races known foes, defensive buffs against the same, and perhaps a ratings buff to things the race is known to be good at. (as and example; elves could get buffs against orcs, (+1% damage per level vs orcs), defense against orcs (+1% damage resistance vs orcs per level) awareness buff (+0.5% awareness per level)
    The other three options should be based on the characters deity. (one should buff an offensive stat, one a defensive stat, and one a utility stat)

I understand your frustration in trying to take shortcuts to get boons. 1 shortcut you are not using is to use the Legacy Campaign bonus currency to get boons faster. You could be working on Dread Ring and have Vallenhas as your bonus and by the time you finish a few campaigns you may have Vallenhas boons all finished. You only need 700 points to finish 4 boons.

Stop acting like a Whiny Hamster Party member who only wants free stuff. I have 77 boons on one character, my lowest alt has 7 boons. most have 20-50 boons.

If you are in a Stronghold buy the Triangular Temporary (2 hour) +5%/+10% damage/protection from about a dozen groups of specific enemies from Orcs to Dragons to slot into your head and arm slots.

You would do better to ask to increase the number of Support plots in the Stronghold from the present 4 of 7 to 7 of 7, then every character in a rank 20 (or maybe Rank 25) Stronghold could have their choice of ALL 21 of the SH boons instead of just 15.

It appears your biggest problem is that you are afraid of hard work.

• silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    He was just asking for more options with boons, not make them easier to get.
    On which I agree, make boons more interesting. Not easier to get, but more immersive and able to customize your character more.
    Like they used to be.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Maybe more worth the effort to have as well.
  • dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    And as far as I know those Slayer / Ward overload slot enchantment did not works. And I do agree 0.2% increase on specific stats per boon is lame.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    yeah 0.2% is terrible...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    boons since the rework are a complete waste of time not worth the bother 1% IF you fill all 5/5
    My ranger has all boons has done all camapigns and was in a good place pre combat rework all r15 enchants etc etc etc
    whereas my rogue which i built after combat rework has maybe 27 boons (those from cloacked ascendancy farming mirage from dread ring farming enchanting stiones avernus farming juma bags and tod spending all the ginies gifts) other then that now worth wasting my time in lagacy runs enchaants it still uses all the freebies given when starting undermountain
  • metallicat#2223 metallicat Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Have six options.

I understand your frustration in trying to take shortcuts to get boons. 1 shortcut you are not using is to use the Legacy Campaign bonus currency to get boons faster. You could be working on Dread Ring and have Vallenhas as your bonus and by the time you finish a few campaigns you may have Vallenhas boons all finished. You only need 700 points to finish 4 boons.

Stop acting like a Whiny Hamster Party member who only wants free stuff. I have 77 boons on one character, my lowest alt has 7 boons. most have 20-50 boons.

If you are in a Stronghold buy the Triangular Temporary (2 hour) +5%/+10% damage/protection from about a dozen groups of specific enemies from Orcs to Dragons to slot into your head and arm slots.

You would do better to ask to increase the number of Support plots in the Stronghold from the present 4 of 7 to 7 of 7, then every character in a rank 20 (or maybe Rank 25) Stronghold could have their choice of ALL 21 of the SH boons instead of just 15.

It appears your biggest problem is that you are afraid of hard work.

Rather presumptuous of you to think I don't have 89 boons on most of the 14 toons I play. Where did I ask for free stuff? Maybe, even though English is my primary language, I somehow used words wrong and when I asked that with new boons coming out we actually get some cool ways to optimize our toons, then made a suggestion as to what that could be, I was /actually/ asking for free stuff, not 'different stuff that we still need to work for.' Your contribution in helping me understand my mistake would be greatly appreciated.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    I thought you worded it just fine. I understood what you were saying about boons, you did'nt ask for easy or free to get. I have run into people, especially people who have been here for a long time, who just assume you are doing something wrong instead of actually reading what you wrote. Some people like to be seen as know- it -alls major experts instead of actually helping.