test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

#480390 - can't stay on mount and ride it

elfjess#1090 elfjess Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I've been experiencing this problem since I hit level 7. I am now level 21. So here are the repro steps:
1) Login to level 21 Wood Elf Ranger.
2) Stand anywhere that you can ride a mount - where the picture above "7" lights up.
3) Hit "7" on the keyboard.
4) Mount appears. You get on.
5) Mount disappears instantly in a puff of smoke/cloud. You fall down.

I have tried resetting everything in the game. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall the game and reinstall. I really would like to be able to ride any of the 3 horses the game has given me. Anyone have any advice?
Tagged:

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Make certain you have set your mount speed, if not you won't be able to stay on the mount.
  • elfjess#1090 elfjess Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Make certain you have set your mount speed, if not you won't be able to stay on the mount.

How do I set the mount speed? I am really new to this game and I am not very intuitive when it comes to games like this. Thank you for replying!
    You have to go to the mount page in your inventory. Not the stable page but the current mount page. You set it from there, to either trot or run.

You have to go to the mount page in your inventory. Not the stable page but the current mount page. You set it from there, to either trot or run.

Thank you!! I am going to go do that right now! Is trot the usual speed I should have it on to be able to ride it?
    No, you want to set it to the run, otherwise you will move at only 50% speed. Where run is 140% speed.

No, you want to set it to the run, otherwise you will move at only 50% speed. Where run is 140% speed.

Aaaah okay. So it might not be set at all and setting it to run will allow me to move on it. Got it! Thank you so much for your help!
    Yes it will allow that. And you are welcome.