test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lvl 5 in tomm ? how ?

elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
edited March 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
its just question, how lvl 5 chracter can go into tomm ? :D i mean i understand its imposible with insigni, mount boolster nd comp boolster but cmon :disappointed:

BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    There is no level requirement for the queues, only item level. If you create a new character, equip the mythic mounts and companions, AD through your shared bank, you can jack up the item level. I know there is items and gear in the game also without level requirement. This video is somewhat misleading. It makes people think they can walk into the game without support and take a level 5 to ToMM. Also this is the kind of thing the developers will see and start making the queues harder on everyone.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @sandukutupu said:
    > There is no level requirement for the queues, only item level. If you create a new character, equip the mythic mounts and companions, AD through your shared bank, you can jack up the item level. I know there is items and gear in the game also without level requirement. This video is somewhat misleading. It makes people think they can walk into the game without support and take a level 5 to ToMM. Also this is the kind of thing the developers will see and start making the queues harder on everyone.

Yea i agree, for tom provat you need just 25k . Wat its almost nothing ;;D
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    A level 5 winning the parse is sort of surprising though. It just shows what massive problems the new combat system has.

No boons, very few skills.. and winning ToMM parse. No point in levelling up or farming boons guys!
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    In one and a half hours when the other dps held back - or at least thats what I gathered from the vid. I didn't watch it all.
    - bye bye -
    The positive about this is a demonstration of how level is made meaningless by the item level and scaling systems.

The negative is a misleading video, to recreate this you will need a lot of support. Guss is with his guild, otherwise the second you arrive in a PUG with a level 5, they will kick you to the curb. Next, as I said above, this is not a cheap build, one would need a lot of gear collected, with Zen and/or AD. Some gear could have been donated by his guild members, I don't know for sure. In affect, you are using other level 80 characters, to do the work for you, to get your level 5 to item level 25,000 or higher. Finally, the developers see this video online, and they fail to comprehend the REAL ISSUES and screw up here by not repairing the item level and nerfing your class builds instead. This is why I don't care for Guss, showing off on YouTube, and making this appear to be some "easy exploit" when we all know better.

In the hopes that some developer reads this thread. This issue was created when your team put item level in charge of the whole game. You know the equation, item level = hit points = damage = everything else too.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I remembered the last time a tomm run on youtube influenced the game for everybody else, yeah. There will always be people that have something to prove. If anybody is influenced by this, they should reconsider.
    - bye bye -
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Pure idiocy is the lack of requirements for character level.
    The reduction in requirements resulting in what can be seen in the random que. Even as a very good toon you are not able to finish most dungeons, because you getting vegetables with purchased TIL. Tank does not hold aggro, healer does not heal, dps doesn't deal damage.
    Embarrassment.

In this video you can see that everyone is standing, allowing a buddy to do dmg. This is set.
    It does not prove anything or argue with anything. Just a trap for ignorants.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    mushellka said:

In this video you can see that everyone is standing, allowing a buddy to do dmg. This is set.
    It does not prove anything or argue with anything. Just a trap for ignorants.

It is the same people who watch the YouTube video of grandma sleeping on the couch, rolling over onto the floor, where there is a convenient coconut cream pie to the face, and laughter ensues. Too many fall for these obvious set up videos.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    I am more interested in the why. Why are they doing this, don't know who is this supposed to impress or what it is trying to prove.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

I am more interested in the why. Why are they doing this, don't know who is this supposed to impress or what it is trying to prove.

They want clicks, lots of views gets their video monetized, then they can buy more stuff. They think this will go viral but it won't, not enough interest in the old game anymore. I bet the regular YouTube crowd is feeling the pinch when they air Neverwinter videos. Smart thing to do, would be more global and less focused, talking about more than one game. Angry Joe, Markiplier, Jim Sterling, and whatnot all look at many games and I am more apt to view them on a regular basis than the people who only review Neverwinter. It does prove the recent changes, making item level above all else, means you can power level a character using items, and not the quest or dungeon XP. Buy to win model now exists within the game.

Just killing time...
  • franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Well it's not quite like you claim, I saw many players doing random 20k dungeons with 12k and 14k equipment. I took pictures and I was going to publish them but I thought better of it and I don't want to harm anyone. Something is wrong; a bug? I do not know.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

They want clicks, lots of views gets their video monetized, then they can buy more stuff. They think this will go viral but it won't, not enough interest in the old game anymore. I bet the regular YouTube crowd is feeling the pinch when they air Neverwinter videos. Smart thing to do, would be more global and less focused, talking about more than one game. Angry Joe, Markiplier, Jim Sterling, and whatnot all look at many games and I am more apt to view them on a regular basis than the people who only review Neverwinter. It does prove the recent changes, making item level above all else, means you can power level a character using items, and not the quest or dungeon XP. Buy to win model now exists within the game.
    This win model does not currently exist :)
    In order to "win" you need to be able to play. And if the healer can overcome in most dungeons dpses 45-50k, that is, it is wrong, but also that no money will help you in this.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .