test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updated Roadmap: Masterwork Update Imminent!

galdronegaldrone Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I tell you. I cannot hold in my excitement. I just checked the updated roadmap for 2020/21 and in April 2021 there will be a masterwork professions update! The roadmap looks like it might actually be March 2021 but its definitely April. Not only that but we have an updated siege event coming in May! That will be handy for all those new Guild's that are keen to upgrade their Strongholds. What wonderful news to counter all those that felt that the new New Sharandar event was only worth doing 3 Monday nights in a row and cannot be bothered to run the new dungeon because it is more profitable to do CN.

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Have they updated that map since covid.

tbh I wouldn't hold your breath, if I were you

• xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Considering everything has been delayed and pushed back, even mod 20 wasn't ready for release on time.
    I honestly wouldn't expect to see the masterworks updated until closer to the end of the year.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Considering everything has been delayed and pushed back, even mod 20 wasn't ready for release on time.

I'm not entirely sure it was ready when it was released.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    galdrone said:

There must be an imminent update to mastercrafting else they would have said. I mean what kind of organization would publish a roadmap and then not inform people of any changes to it? That would surely be seen as gross incompetence or worse contempt for a companies customers! No no no. They said it was coming and so it shall. I mean if it doesn't we would all know that they don't do what they say and are untrustworthy.

Settle down. We are talking about a game here, not the implementation of a national public health system.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I think the roadmap is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. :trollface:

Do we have a more current image than this one?

I have issues with this one. Episode 1 started at the end of February and this shows episode 1 starting in late March or early April. I think someone goofed the titles, they are not 1 and 2, but the dates for 2 and 3. Module 21 to be announced in late August or early September. Too vague about the dates, Masterwork appears to point at the number 4, but that could mean anywhere in April for all we know. My recommendation to anyone putting something like this together in the future. Use blocks and color code them for tentative dates, deadlines, and whatnot. The quarterly bubbles are not much help at the bottom. This appears to have been made more for appearance than practical information.

Just killing time...
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, isn't that the whole point of the roadmap? Giving players something they can hold on to and hope for, while also keeping it vague enough for some "wiggle room". Don't get me wrong, the roadmap is a step up to what (mostly silence in between modules) we had before, but they could at least show some effort and update the map every few months.

I mean i can't even recall what that big "Surprise!" thing last year was, must be getting old(er) - the Winter Festival Refresh was rather disappointing, i guess the Feast of Lanterns Refresh will be similar, and it feels like the Scaling Improvements Phase 2 and 3 never made it fully to the servers, the only thing i'm actually waiting on for some time now would be that New Class, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it delayed again until next year...

Anyway, i think they're currently up to their eyes and ears in Magic: Legends stuff, and i doubt we're going to get any major improvements for NWO in a timely fashion.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I think the "Surprise!" was the teleportation hubs? I agree it is hard to recall. But many felt like it was something that makes the VIP signpost even less important and others use them frequently.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Neither winterfest or feast of lanterns got refreshed. There were some new store items for both and the Llira items got added to starlight bags and parcels.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I think that old "surprise" was actually the mount system update.

I don't recall any professions update happening.

Also, if they consider Masquerade of Liars, Winter Festival, and Feast of Lanterns to have been "refreshed", I have very low hopes for future "refreshes".
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

I think that old "surprise" was actually the mount system update.

I don't recall any professions update happening.

Also, if they consider Masquerade of Liars, Winter Festival, and Feast of Lanterns to have been "refreshed", I have very low hopes for future "refreshes".

You could be right, I just ran back to October 2020 to see what the hot topics were about. Professions, I think all they did was some high end item stats got a bump? I don't mastercraft, therefore I didn't notice any change. I didn't attend Winter Festival, I was out in Wyoming visiting my relatives.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The thing is, I might be wrong about this, but I remember a sneak peek on new explorer's. I think they were in Vallenhas. Or something.
    But that was loooong ago.
    I just gave up crafting. Its too annoying. If I really need AD I will trade materials.
    And yeah, they bumped old recipe's IL. Also long ago.
    They just can't keep upgrading more than 1 or 2 at most progression systems in a year. They don't manage it. They rather introduce new stuff that is obsolete after a mod.

Putting a forge in Citadel, when every crafter is out there waiting for all the money and time spent on crafting to become maybe a lil bit important and meaningful?
    - bye bye -
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2021

The thing is, I might be wrong about this, but I remember a sneak peek on new explorer's. I think they were in Vallenhas. Or something.

But that was loooong ago.

I just gave up crafting. Its too annoying. If I really need AD I will trade materials.

And yeah, they bumped old recipe's IL. Also long ago.

They just can't keep upgrading more than 1 or 2 at most progression systems in a year. They don't manage it. They rather introduce new stuff that is obsolete after a mod.

Putting a forge in Citadel, when every crafter is out there waiting for all the money and time spent on crafting to become maybe a lil bit important and meaningful?

Agree. I have mastercraft 5 in all the professions and I dont even make MC weapons for profit, too tedious. I sometimes do some intermediate task to sell materials but thats it.

Between the infinite material task chain to make the items, the +1 items needed to make +1 final items, the chance of failure in all the tasks of the process, just made me lose interest.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor