test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Disengage enchant slots from gear

darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
We need the enchant slots to be in the character sheet, not in the gear.

Now, if I want to change for example the head armor when I change loadout, I must have 2 enchants (1 for each piece of gear) even if I want to use the same enchant.

And if the gear design is going to be, different gear for different situations, even more. Like the new head piece (+5% damage in sharandar). If I make a loadout for Vault of the Stars, other loadout for example for leveling dungeons, and other for ToMM for example, I want to change the chest piece, but I want a dark enchantment rank 15 in all, so I have to buy 3 dark 15?

Also, if I want to change the weapon enchant or armor enchant, for bosses / aoe (ex: lightning / bilethorn), but not change the mainhand / offhand, the same problem. I have to keep 2 pieces of the same gear with different enchants to be able to use loadouts. Or the alternative is to remove manually between bosses / ads in the dungeon -> weird.

2 x mainhand / offhand of the same type, with the refining, cube of augmentations etc? and when you release a new weapon the same? No thank you. You are removing player options.

The slots must be disengaged from gear, and be in the character sheet. Also, in the future, if you want to add more slots (for example one more offensive slot) you dont have to modify all the gear, just add a slot to the sheet.

Please consider it, maybe is a big work in all the items now but is only remove the slots and return the enchants to the inventory.

QoL
Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
Caturday Survivor
Elemental Evil Survivor
Undermontain Survivor
Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Comments

• shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Yeah, that won't happen.
    AD/Gold sinks. Changing enchs burns gold, buying cubes of augmentation burns AD.
    If you want to run multiple sets and don't like the changing manually of every or almost every single ench, they you GOTTA buy more of them or level them yourself.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I have always like this "idea". What does this idea look like in reality?

example:
    My original gear total is: 6 offensive slots, 4 defensive slots, 4 utility slots.
    I remove a ring with one offense slot and one defense slot.
    I equip a new ring with 2 offense slots.

How would you establish and illustrate which stones are equipped before, after, and during the process?
    Are all stones on an "account" layout screen shown in the priority order that they should be equipped or removed?
    What costs (if any) are associated with transactions or changes?
    How do you deal with enchantments that are "bound to character"?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd like that. I'd also like that when I switch loadouts it can find the gear I've placed in my bank! Why do I have to carry it in my personal inventory?!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    shugensha said:

Yeah, that won't happen.
    AD/Gold sinks. Changing enchs burns gold, buying cubes of augmentation burns AD.
    If you want to run multiple sets and don't like the changing manually of every or almost every single ench, they you GOTTA buy more of them or level them yourself.

It's worth noting that Cryptic have lowered the cost for changing enchantments on weapons to a token value of 10 copper. This is a nod from them that switching between weapon sets shouldn't be a costly endeavour as it's now almost a requirement and falls in line with what @darthpotater has requested.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2021

example:
    My original gear total is: 6 offensive slots, 4 defensive slots, 4 utility slots.

How would you establish and illustrate which stones are equipped before, after, and during the process?
    Are all stones on an "account" layout screen shown in the priority order that they should be equipped or removed?

The only "problem" is equip that have different slot types like rings, yes, but I think it could be resolved if you implement a system like this. You could have slots that could work as offensive or defensive.

Think that this system would make things better in the future.

Imagine they want to add a new slot for offensive, with this system, they have only to add that slot, and everything works. With the actual system, they have to introduce new gear (for example shirt with 2 offensive slots) making all the old gear for this slot near obsolete unless they have a overpowered power.

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

example:

The only "problem" is equip that have different slot types like rings, yes, but I think it could be resolved if you implement a system like this. You could have slots that could work as offensive or defensive.

Think that this system would make things better in the future.

Imagine they want to add a new slot for offensive, with this system, they have only to add that slot, and everything works. With the actual system, they have to introduce new gear (for example shirt with 2 offensive slots) making all the old gear for this slot near obsolete unless they have a overpowered power.

it could be done using the 'apply to loadout' option for enchantments - ones applied would swap but others you could leave in the alternate gear.