test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Message to the Devs

burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
You are doing a great job! Keep up the excellent work! I love the new combat changes and the New Sharandar campaign is a nice breathe of fresh air after all that grinding in hell. Grinding is good and all but it's nice to have ebbs and flows with the game. It can't always be one way or cater to only one group of players. I appreciate that you create content for all types of players and leave no one left out. There is so much to do in Neverwinter and so much fun to be had. I'm constantly in awe of what a great game Neverwinter is, and what a fantastic job you all do working on this game that I love. There are so many little things that get overlooked by many but know that I notice. There are so many things about the game that you all do so good and never get the credit you deserve.

Thank you very much for everything you do!

Comments

• elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Yea i agree wat you say but....Srr mate kiling end game content,end game progres, rushing to fast new content when old content have still bug from 2020... making PAY TO PROGRES,.... its alot of mistakes are in game starting from MIRAGE finising end game.
    NEVERWINTER need changes, but not combat changes, we can have one of the bes mmorpg in all world but developer's to much gready... you just need go more deep in problems and you will understand why game is daying.....
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Yea i agree wat you say but....Srr mate kiling end game content,end game progres, rushing to fast new content when old content have still bug from 2020... making PAY TO PROGRES,.... its alot of mistakes are in game starting from MIRAGE finising end game.

NEVERWINTER need changes, but not combat changes, we can have one of the bes mmorpg in all world but developer's to much gready... you just need go more deep in problems and you will understand why game is daying.....

We are in the first module post combat change and it takes time for both developers and players. Try to have a vision as if it were a beginner player or a casual player, they need more time so that the vanguard does not get so far away. The game will have a progression, perhaps slower than it was (a fact that pleases me in a lot), but it takes time for developers, since it is a known fact that they do not have such a large team. About the weapon sets, I do not remember you were moved by the players of other classes when they complained about the celestial weapons set when it was released, it must be because it was very advantageous to your class?
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > We are in the first module post combat change and it takes time for both developers and players. Try to have a vision as if it were a beginner player or a casual player, they need more time so that the vanguard does not get so far away. The game will have a progression, perhaps slower than it was (a fact that pleases me in a lot), but it takes time for developers, since it is a known fact that they do not have such a large team. About the weapon sets, I do not remember you were moved by the players of other classes when they complained about the celestial weapons set when it was released, it must be because it was very advantageous to your class?

Colestial set is end game set, you need spend alot of time to get this set or lion set , now its not wortit spent time or materials for new player to get this set ;) i agree cryptic team is not huge.
    But then last time cryptic ask ppl-wat do you wana? Or you wana combat changes? Or you wana this or wat?.... were is comunication between cryptic and players, you can say forum, but get ansver in forum from cryptic is almost not imposible.
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER

> We are in the first module post combat change and it takes time for both developers and players. Try to have a vision as if it were a beginner player or a casual player, they need more time so that the vanguard does not get so far away. The game will have a progression, perhaps slower than it was (a fact that pleases me in a lot), but it takes time for developers, since it is a known fact that they do not have such a large team. About the weapon sets, I do not remember you were moved by the players of other classes when they complained about the celestial weapons set when it was released, it must be because it was very advantageous to your class?

Colestial set is end game set, you need spend alot of time to get this set or lion set , now its not wortit spent time or materials for new player to get this set ;) i agree cryptic team is not huge.

But then last time cryptic ask ppl-wat do you wana? Or you wana combat changes? Or you wana this or wat?.... were is comunication between cryptic and players, you can say forum, but get ansver in forum from cryptic is almost not imposible.

Maybe I needed a lot of time to finalize Zariel, today is as many old content and does not require longer training as when it was released. About the interaction of the team of developers with players you can see live in the game as here since much of the changes you criticize were requests from players and are archived here in the forum, in the topic of CDP.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Maybe I needed a lot of time to finalize Zariel, today is as many old content and does not require longer training as when it was released. About the interaction of the team of developers with players you can see live in the game as here since much of the changes you criticize were requests from players and are archived here in the forum, in the topic of CDP.
    Wait wait wait.
    Can we discuss what was requests from players in the CDP? I am not saying you are wrong, but I am interested in what you are thinking about here.
    - bye bye -
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The only big issue with it being here on the forums and in the CDP is that the majority of players never come to, or even care about, the forums. But too there are no changes that a large majority of the players would agree with, even if they gave everyone 2 trillion AD and Zen there would still be people that would not like it. So it all comes down to person preferences and the play what you like idea.

Wait wait wait.
    Can we discuss what was requests from players in the CDP? I am not saying you are wrong, but I am interested in what you are thinking about here.
    Scale and change in progression would be examples.

The only big issue with it being here on the forums and in the CDP is that the majority of players never come to, or even care about, the forums. But too there are no changes that a large majority of the players would agree with, even if they gave everyone 2 trillion AD and Zen there would still be people that would not like it. So it all comes down to person preferences and the play what you like idea.

The developers are then guilty of the players not being able to enter the forum for 5 minutes to issue an opinion? I don't understand your reasoning.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It is not the developers fault about anything. They develop what they think is best for their vision of the game and then it is up to the players to decide whether they will play it or not. And if they don't the development team has a good chance to be changed or the game will cease to exist. It is the nature of everything, really.
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2021

You are doing a great job! Keep up the excellent work! I love the new combat changes and the New Sharandar campaign is a nice breathe of fresh air after all that grinding in hell. Grinding is good and all but it's nice to have ebbs and flows with the game. It can't always be one way or cater to only one group of players. I appreciate that you create content for all types of players and leave no one left out. There is so much to do in Neverwinter and so much fun to be had. I'm constantly in awe of what a great game Neverwinter is, and what a fantastic job you all do working on this game that I love. There are so many little things that get overlooked by many but know that I notice. There are so many things about the game that you all do so good and never get the credit you deserve.

Thank you very much for everything you do!

Are u sure about this? Mod 20 is supposedly a new chapter with interesting story line and engaging mechanics. Common in MMO's when they release a "new expansion" is theres some cool stuff to do. Ive never seen a new mod with fewer instances cause people are so bored in doing BHE or keep doing the same quest over and over again. They can just release Vault of Stars and that's the content for them. Now they are doing the same mistake by making BHE dominant in episode 2. Which is a lazy take on episodic content. I don't know how long have you been playing the game but many people aren't happy on what this mod is all about. Even Avernus is much more interesting cause people farm favors for a guaranteed transmute or new gear. Compare it to the grind of shattered diamond where there's no assurance of getting the transmute and the artifact. This is just pure laziness and money trap in the side of cryptic.
    Lol You assume I'm a new player(nothing wrong with being a new player but you are trying to use it as an insult and a way to invalidate my opinion and my gaming experience) and infer that I am ignorant because I do not share your opinion. I have 18k + hours in game, to answer your question, that's how long I've been playing. You say many people are not happy but you only speak for yourself. I have my opinion, and in my experience, there are more players in game, that I interact with in some form, than in any other game I've ever played in my life. Queue's pop quickly 24/7 in my experience, unlike other games. Every zone I go to is active and there are lots of players. Even legacy zones are very active with players doing all sorts of activities. The game is alive and well and has more players than ever from what I can tell. But I've only played 18,000 + hours so what do I know?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    And what a coincidence, another game, "cooperative free-to-play third person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world", which was released at about the same time as NW, 2013, just released an expansion. And with it a song. Yes, a song - "Sleeping In The Cold Below". I've never played the game, but you know what I'm listening to now? Yeah, you guessed it, not the NW expansion song.
    I'm not playing that game and I'm more hyped about that expansion which I'm not going to play, than episode 2 of Sharandar...

2 hours after release that song has more views than NW playerbase and more than the original Sharandar trailer from a month ago. Their expansion release trailer has, after 2 hours, 20 times the NW episode 2 release trailer after 5 hours.

Maybe one needs to play for 8 years to understand the amount of disappointment from where the game goes.. Or what it could have been..
    Or maybe we should care less, then we wont be disappointed. Maybe then everything will seem so well done.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on