test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat copy/paste

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Not a real "critical issue" just another leak in your roof, as my husband puts it.

When I drag the mouse in chat it refuses to copy the entire text, I paste the line in and it is missing some letters, especially the one at the end. Not a super big issue, but it has changed. If there is some purpose to the change, then it is not a bug. But it looks like a bug.

[Zone]Will Robert Snooks@sandukutup:Anyone here going to play Magic Legend

My @ handle is missing a "u" at the end. and I typed out "Magic Legends" so the "s" is missing here too.

This is on all the strings in chat when they get copied and pasted. I was giving away some free items to random people and I use this feature to copy paste names into my mails. Can you imagine my frustration, when I am trying to send gifts and prizes, and the mail keeps responding "No such player or character"?

Looks like someone tossed a monkey wrench in chat. Hopefully they won't ignore this one too, because I tested it in both Windows 10 and Linux and both behave the same way.
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    If we are talking about in-game chat... you are actually a lucky person to be able to select a text to copy in the first place. Already that is a rather wonky step. And tbh, I encountered the exact opposite of you problem - if I succeed in copying something, after a while the only thing to paste is a single letter, or a symbol that I have no idea how I could obtain. :)
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

If we are talking about in-game chat... you are actually a lucky person to be able to select a text to copy in the first place. Already that is a rather wonky step. And tbh, I encountered the exact opposite of you problem - if I succeed in copying something, after a while the only thing to paste is a single letter, or a symbol that I have no idea how I could obtain. :)

I use it pretty regularly and never had issues.

The main thing is that on the scrolling text where there isn't a text cursor it copies on marking, meaning you hold the left mouse button, drag the mouse over the text you want (marking it) and when you release it will auto copy to the clipboard. No ctrl+c.
    Pasting is as usual ctrl+v. Many try to use ctrl+c and that only adds issues.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    for me it only works if I mark the text from down to up row I want :D if I mark left to right - it doesnt copy :D
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    micky1p00 said:

rikitaki said:

I use it pretty regularly and never had issues.

The main thing is that on the scrolling text where there isn't a text cursor it copies on marking, meaning you hold the left mouse button, drag the mouse over the text you want (marking it) and when you release it will auto copy to the clipboard. No ctrl+c.
    Pasting is as usual ctrl+v. Many try to use ctrl+c and that only adds issues.
    That works but it has a minor issue (or I encounter a minor issue). It just does not highlight the last character of the line.

The following is what I copied:
    [11:06][System Notify]Joined channel "Guild"

However, the whole line has a '.' in the end. It is supposed to be:

[11:06][System Notify]Joined channel "Guild".

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

for me it only works if I mark the text from down to up row I want :D if I mark left to right - it doesnt copy :D

That (left to right) works for me. e.g.

System Notify]Joined channel

[11:06][System Notify]Joined channel "Guild"

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

[Zone]Will Robert Snooks@sandukutup:Anyone here going to play Magic Legend

My @ handle is missing a "u" at the end. and I typed out "Magic Legends" so the "s" is missing here too.

I see these 2 problems too.

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I just logged in and checked to see, if this was a passing glitch. To address the issue further (should some developer have the time to look) here is a chat copy/paste from New Sharandar. I did a mass copy and past, then replaced the real names and handles to protect the innocent.

[Zone]player1@somethingrando:BHE at 3 need mor <- "e" is missing.
    [Zone]player2@myuserhandle#432:mhe farm on 2 pm for in <- "v" is missing.
    [Zone]player1@somethingrando:BHE at <- "1" is missing.
    [Zone]player3@assassinscree:+mhe farmin <- "g" is missing.
    [Zone]player4@lastnumberwilltrucate#678:who goes fairy transitio <- "n" is missing.
    [Zone]player2@myuserhandle#432:mhe farm on 2 pm for in <- "v" is missing.
    [Zone]player4@lastnumberwilltrucate#678:who goes fairy transitio <- "n" is missing.

player1@somethingrando <- missing "m"
    player2@myuserhandle#432 <- missing "1"
    player3@assassinscree <- missing "d"
    player4@lastnumberwilltrucate#678 <- missing "9"

Like I said, not critical but something is amiss. I think some people, see the smoke coming from their trash can beside their office desk, decide it is contained, and continue to ignore it.

See you next weekend! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The handle truncation is weird. The last latter in the the sentence is a marking bug, if moving the mouse more to the right (like people usually do to catch it all easily) it isn't included, need to put the mouse just after that last letter, and then it's included. Or to catch the start of the next line. (it's also wasn't like that before)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for pointing this out - I'll bring it up in this week's report for the folks in charge of this side of the game to look into.