test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lets keep count :(

My guild has always had around 20-25 ppl online for the last year. Evening time everybody sat to chill and play some NW :)
This number kept reducing and...
Since around 1 week ago, there is no more than 7-8 at that same time slot.

How are things with your guilds, guys?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    3-4
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    pre-15 about 20-25
    post-15 10-15
    post-20 3-5
    I was shocked last night when we had 7

I am not leaving the game and am actually slightly more effective with the changes, but am not having near as much fun. Seems like a slog now.
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    All between only me up to around 20 +/-
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Im finished with sharandar so I'm taking a break until part 2 comes out
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    My guild is about average 60+ players/130+ characters. Weekly participation, the last few years, has been about 2-4 players/10-20 characters for the last few years, grinding to build our Guild to Rank 15. and our Alliance to twice that.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    At the moment we have 3 online, but its not a peak time and I think a few are waiting for something to do

10 online now which has been pretty consistent for the last year or two
    Post edited by lantern22 on
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited March 2021

My guild has always had around 20-25 ppl online for the last year. Evening time everybody sat to chill and play some NW :)
    This number kept reducing and...
    Since around 1 week ago, there is no more than 7-8 at that same time slot.

How are things with your guilds, guys?

Prior combat changes where up to 6 guys online..
    Now you can daily log in and met like 15++ online..

Now here is one thing need to understand.. Prior combat changes,, all was matter gear. IF you had decent gear you could walk over any content without any problems.. So guilds purpose changed from > same/similar minded players group. To stat gains via boons..

It was moments that players whom where part of guild for years haven't even say hi. They where doing content with other players than own guild/alliance.

Since combat changes force players actually do mechanics, so due that most players started do random q with ones whom he trust and know.

So guild purpose got back to it's original purpose, as a place where you met same or similar mindend players and with them do content..

So naturally if you don't do x content with your current guild, then player move to other guilds.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Oh too easy, ZERO! I of course belong to a selective role players guild and unless I call someone or contact them via Dacebook or Fiscord ...How did I? I am leaving it... well it is very rare for us to be online together. From what you guys are telling me, I should join a rank 20 guild now and wait to become guild leader by this June? :trollface:

From a long standing experience, guilds dry up in a lot of these style of games. Especially when they get ignored by the game designers, guild members, and/or people figure out there is not much benefit to joining a guild.

Maybe they ALL signed up to beta test Magic?

Just killing time...
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    I think the current low activity level is not only driven by the Combat Rework attrition, but also because mod 20 chapter 1 is so slim and most are done with it.

It is usual activity levels are low at end of mod.. and we are in an 'and-of-mod' situation now with the current chapter.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    When they cut n paste the same format from mod to mod, people get more & more bored with it. We've had nothing but hunts since Chult and heroic encounters since River District.

It's all: same 'stuff', different backdrop...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Most people quit playing. Those couple of us that remain, are barely doing anything other then collecting daily keys, and workshop stuff. New content is a boring as AI was. Combat rework doesn't make a lick of sense and I disagree that it's about mechanics. I intentionally have lessoned my gear score and did better damage in an RTQ then when I was over 50k. Let's face it, if folks are going to spend the time and resources to improve stats it should mean something. I've also lessoned my item level in the new area and it was actually about the same or maybe easier in some instances. I could not solo the minors at a lower score though so at least that is working. Scaling needs to be completely done away with in the game, and the convoluted system for item level needs to be scrapped. I understand it for the most part, but how in the heck will a new player? The Devs have truly screwed the pooch on this but because of their arrogance will never admit it. I don't think all the combat changes were bad like scraping the bondings, but RPG's both tabletop and online are based off of gear. It's straight forward and simple. Better defensive stats mean better survivability, and vice versa for offensive stats. I have played since Mod 2 and I can honestly say the game has never been worse for me. There are so many bugs if they worked those 24/7 for a month they probably wouldn't fix them all. Just like mod 6 it might be time for Cryptic to clean house.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I'm in a casual no drama guild with a little less than 130 members, and most nights or days I log in, I'm alone. It's not an overly active guild - maybe 10 - 15 regulars.

I don't know that there's much difference between now and Mod 19 in terms of my guild's activity level.

I did DEFINITELY see a drop in my guild's activity at Mod 16 though - M15 Ravenloft saw our guild with a lot of members with multiple toons - we were at or close to the 500 toon limit most of the time. Now, the # of toons in guild isn't much higher than the actual player count. Which tells you something about the impact to alts in game since M16 dropped. It also helps explain why there are so few active players, I think.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    In my guild is same as before. Perhaps even more players than before. But, english isn't main language in our guild so... On alliance chat i can see a lot less of players. There's nothing to do. People are bored of - do (b)he untill you you die for 2-3 "diamond" pieces...
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    There was a lot happening at the same time...

For advanved guilds, people just have nothing more to do and are taking breaks. Also, lots of ragequits after combate rework (due to bugs, unbalancing, and things yet to be fixed).

For developing guilds, well... I've been playing for 3 years almost, and it never felt so hard. Regular campaign farm became more difficult (takes more time), people didn't want to tot hem before (cause no rewards at all, just repeat the same everyday), now some are even struggling to solo influence farm. Guild boons boost your ILV by a lot.

Right now it's mostly new player looking for GH20 guilds and older players taking a break lol.

Not good, really. We still have 10-15 ppl online on most active time, but the coffer log shows they're not farming half they used to. And i totally get them. It takes much more time now. My active alts have 32-33k and I sometimes suffer to do icewind content with them.

I'm not againt the adjust they did. In fact, I think the idea is great. But if you're making people take so long to do basic content, you should reward them more. 40 min for a regular random epic, to get 2 tarmalunes in final chest, i mean XD

And if they don't update the stronghold system soon, this might become a bigger problem for game community i guess.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    It is amazing, I have been here 8 years, and you have this same conversation, every year, at this same time.

These factors may not apply to all but here is the biggest reason for the decrease activity; warm weather. Here in Michigan we just went through 2 weeks of subzero cold, from Feb. 7th to the 21st it was 0 to 16F/ -18 to -9C. Then a heatwave of about 60F/16C, it is St. Patrick's Day weekend, this weekend is going to be warm again Sat to Mon back up to 60F/16C. I don't know... do you think people might want to get away from the PC and do something outside for a change?

The only reason I am here now, it is almost 4 AM am, I am having issues sleeping, I am bored, and it is cold outside.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited March 2021

These factors may not apply to all but here is the biggest reason for the decrease activity; warm weather. Here in Michigan we just went through 2 weeks of subzero cold, from Feb. 7th to the 21st it was 0 to 16F/ -18 to -9C. Then a heatwave of about 60F/16C, it is St. Patrick's Day weekend, this weekend is going to be warm again Sat to Mon back up to 60F/16C. I don't know... do you think people might want to get away from the PC and do something outside for a change?

You're right about this being a recurring theme but I'm not blaming current levels of activity on the weather, especially as many parts of the world still have varying degrees of lockdown - people should be online more, relative to previous years.

For me it's about going into the new Sharandar and trying to find the will to get on with tasks. More HEs and hunts... do I have to? Really...?

The zone is very attractive but insubstantial. You wander around but there's nothing to find if you go exploring.

I've been playing the Witcher recently and the thing I liked most about it was wandering around the landscape and finding hidden things that aren't linked to the main questline. interesting, out of the way spots that are cool to explore and maybe find some good loot, a peculiar monster or a bit of history. It makes exploring worthwhile (also the maps are HUGE).

We had one spot that I can remember like this - in Cold Run, but there's not enough of them!

GW2 had a lot of these hidden gems - jumping puzzles, secret lairs & groves, hidden underwater tunnels, they put a lot of emphasis on exploration and I really liked it. But in NW it's just turn up, run the quests they set you then spend the next 6 months repeating the same HE's and dungeon...

• datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User

It is amazing, I have been here 8 years, and you have this same conversation, every year, at this same time.

The only reason I am here now, it is almost 4 AM am, I am having issues sleeping, I am bored, and it is cold outside.

tbh :) usa activity always has been low in our alliance - around 20% compared to eu active members :D
    and Im not counting the casual players, that depend on weather haha I take a period of 4 hours in the evening /after-work play-time hours/ that had 20-30 ppl online last month and now has 11 ppl max and even less one week later :D
    and Im asking ppl in other guilds to give the same data, not a weather report in Michigan :D
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    On topic we seem to have less players around than before Christmas, many factors, post-Christmas blues springs to mind - added to the combat re-work, most players have finished new Sharandar part 1... so yeah lots of factors.

I quoted the text above as it is so apt, my experience of "games" is exploration, fun and finding stuff out for myself.

I was amazed when I discovered in NW you just ran the same daily and weekly quests forever to get your boons etc.

But back on topic, also we are seeing the same thig as other guilds, experienced players just not playing due to nerfs and lack of progression needed, and new players coming in and returnees as gear doesnt matter as much anymore
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User

Bored with game n took week off to play other games that I dropped $120 onto

what game might I ask as I am confused, bewildered and demoralized with a share complexity of these game with no support of information on any of the game. Thinking paying server time was not so bad 180 dollars in time cards I would be set for a year. Dreaming of flying to where I want to go again.... Or are we not allowed to mention other games on here with out violating terms of use?

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Bored with game n took week off to play other games that I dropped $120 onto

what game might I ask as I am confused, bewildered and demoralized with a share complexity of these game with no support of information on any of the game. Thinking paying server time was not so bad 180 dollars in time cards I would be set for a year. Dreaming of flying to where I want to go again.... Or are we not allowed to mention other games on here with out violating terms of use?

My friends and family know I have been disappointed by the last 2 years. My husband gave me a game I have been encouraged to play for a long time now. I started Black Desert in late February but only found time to play about 5 to 10 hours in total. It is very immersive and much better than Neverwinter, I don't spend much time doing anything on here either.

Both my time and my money are going into AC: Odyssey right now. Since the Foundry no longer exists here, I am there Monday through Friday, about 4 to 6 hours per day, working on my story in their Story Editor. The game offers skins and other content, but that is what I like to buy from online games. I can drop $15 on a costume set that actually makes my characters look better. Meanwhile Neverwinter gets hair... o.O

I don't abandon my old games, I still go back and play my original Guild Wars. People still play and PvP there. We use Facebook groups and Discord to organize events. I don't spend money there, because I bought everything I wanted and they stopped making new content for it in 2014.

I don't know about the guilds, because I belong to that same guild @blargskull mentions above. The guild leader is a regular gamer and casually bounces from game to game. Many times, I have to call to remind him, his membership has lapsed and he needs to pop on to keep the guild. I think he is playing some all girl anime fighting game at present? I know, that describes thousands of games, but he will binge here again later.

I know I will be around here until they turn the lights off, but the last 2 years have been dull. I still bounce in to check mail, check professions, and bank items. Yesterday, I spent more time answering a Brazilian player in Portuguese about the game system, than anything else. Another player (in Spanish), told me they didn't understand builds... welcome to the club. I sent them MMOminds and offered my advice to them by mail. I actually see a shift in chat of more Europeans and South Americans playing. Yes, the US game population appears to have dropped off, but it doesn't mean they left the game forever.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited March 2021
    I played the original Guild Wars for about 6 years - loved it. I was in a very active alliance (The Imperial Guards) where all 10 guilds were formed by the same team - no ridiculous costs for building a guild! They would only bring out mods every 2 years or so but they were worth the wait as they were huge, with intricate stories/zones/quests.

As guilds were account focused instead of character, it meant players were more invested in their guild and got to know everyone.

Best of all, the developers were really on the case. No huge random nerfs, just little tweaks and they actively listened to players. It was normal to come across a developer or customer service team member openly hanging out in Lions Gate just chatting to players in zone chat.

Worlds apart from what I experience in NW.

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

I started Black Desert in late February but only found time to play about 5 to 10 hours in total. It is very immersive and much better than Neverwinter, I don't spend much time doing anything on here either.

Oh... my... god, 5 to 10 hours... for real? I have got a house, 3 horses, although I forgot where I parked the one, and I am running a fish market! Geeezzzzzus! Get busy. :lol: Thanks for helping me to get to Sharandar, a very pretty place, not all that much to do, but very pretty. I guess I will get back online and do something on here, maybe read the mail and chat with the players. King Thorn is almost to collecting the 100 AD in there. :trollface:

Just killing time...