test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ras Nsi | Tomb of Annihilation Cant be completed!!!!

unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
Ras Nsi | Tomb of Annihilation ..“Soul” adds cant be killed in time..they have to much health to be killed in time and wipes all party each time.. it has to be tuned down..
Tagged:

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    It is difficult, yes, but it can be done. Needs coordination.
  • colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I was part of a run that finished it a couple of days ago. The T-Rex mount combat power and the mimics from Arcturia's Music Box can consume them since they're considered minions. I'm not saying they don't need to be adjusted. I'm just giving you a workaround. People should have to have specific items to defeat a dungeon.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    It is, indeed, much harder than it used to be. Last time I run TONG, me (healer) and the tank had to use mount powers to kill souls, while the dps went together on the ones that left.
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Did it today. I was able to carry before changes, now I needed 1 HDPS extra.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Yesterday when I came in to do my routine of the day (RTQ/REDQ and the tomb of Dread Ring) I came a player asking for help in a public ToNG and then decided to come in to really see what the problem was, and that's what the lantern22 described, lack of knowledge of the mechanity. It only adame that I have to watch the tank run into the boss and the basics of keeping the boss still in the mid so that it's easier to split the damage between the boss and the summoned mobs which reduces me from having to move at the stage where the soul's appear. I still had to read numerous requests for me to use an attack companion when I don't need to, plus i abominate the idea of a DPS end game having to use them in group content and i retired because of that. But relax, soon they adjust it the same as they did with IC.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    In my case i whas the tank..and i do tong since they added hem but dps couldnt kill souls in time..i even thought that souls have more hp then the boss itself lol
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Souls may have more hp than intended, but I can tell you that there are lots of players that doesnt even know that soul mechanic exist due to the unbalanced old system where boss died in 5 secs.

Also there are very bad dps capable to queue for ToNG and I could do more dmg than them as a tank. Thats a bad sign.

This 2 problems have nothing to do with the souls, is players fault.

We must stop comparing the actual performance in dungeons with pre-combat rework claiming that we cant do what we could do before. Mechanics, scaling and dps were broken and people need to think that what we have now is what it should be dungeonwise.

We can discuss if we like scaling or not, if we are powerfull enough or not, but we cant discuss that the dungeons have mechanics and we should do them right to finish them.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    OK, now, if people say that there is a clear mechanics which you must respect, there should be a clear mechanic to be respected.
    A long time ago the thing was that boss created a small safe circle around him, adds came with souls - you did your best to kill the souls, a big ghost performed a big blow - and you continued the fight. Depending on your dps you usually went through the soul phase twice or three times before judgement - and if you managed to kill enough of souls previously, it did not resulted in permadeath.

My experience from the current version: a small circle around the boss, adds with souls - and if you by an unfortunate accident kill all the souls, you lost. If all souls die, the big ghost figure will never come do the cleaning, instead, there is a fast and infinite loop of additions till you miss enough to fill the soulcharge - and the permadeath follows.

So, you are balancing a really thin line here: you are supposed to kill the souls, but if you are too good at that, the game bugs, you lose the ghost figure (permanently in that instance) and all you can do since then is clearing the adds, which brings just more adds.

The fight is broken, because the mechanics is broken. Not because you do not follow it. Following it actually bugs the fight the way that not even reset can fix it.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

OK, now, if people say that there is a clear mechanics which you must respect, there should be a clear mechanic to be respected.
    A long time ago the thing was that boss created a small safe circle around him, adds came with souls - you did your best to kill the souls, a big ghost performed a big blow - and you continued the fight. Depending on your dps you usually went through the soul phase twice or three times before judgement - and if you managed to kill enough of souls previously, it did not resulted in permadeath.

My experience from the current version: a small circle around the boss, adds with souls - and if you by an unfortunate accident kill all the souls, you lost. If all souls die, the big ghost figure will never come do the cleaning, instead, there is a fast and infinite loop of additions till you miss enough to fill the soulcharge - and the permadeath follows.

So, you are balancing a really thin line here: you are supposed to kill the souls, but if you are too good at that, the game bugs, you lose the ghost figure (permanently in that instance) and all you can do since then is clearing the adds, which brings just more adds.

The fight is broken, because the mechanics is broken. Not because you do not follow it. Following it actually bugs the fight the way that not even reset can fix it.

I never had this problem, and pretty sure cleared all the souls lots of times, but who knows, a bug can be anything
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    The mechanics are simple, the tank start the boss so that he keeps the aggro and the boss is centered in the middle of the platform (use the mouth of an image that has on the platform as reference), the dps go to the opposite side of the tank so that both won CA while the healer plays its role of healing, in this first phase is interesting use of powers of mounts and artifacts to give maximum damage faster. You swerve from the red areas and go to the opposite side of the projection not to be thrown off the platform. With centralized boss it will invoke allies and souls (+/- 75% HP), you knowing that this will occur saved your encounters and daily powers for this and will use these to focus on souls always in CA position (as in most or all DPS tests, targets are fragile for this type of damage, mimic in LoMM is the best example). The normal thing was for the boss to be able to summon 3x that part of the souls and undeads, only now he's doing it every 15 or 20% of HP which is leaving the platform crammed with enemies which has made it difficult for players to focus on souls.

As I run on my GWF with the light enchant and possess the power of mounts of the Black Ice War Horse or polar siege bear added to the Envenomed Artifact I do not worry too much about the damage aoe, since this does not lack me. On my CW 33k that is sad to see, I tried to finish this Dungeon, but I felt that it lacked damage due to it not having received anything investment and although it is using my vorpal r14 which is a horrible enchant for DPS, but if this character had a slightly better gear I would have finished this dungeon easily. I wonder what current players complain about this dungeon today playing it at the time it was released.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

You might be onto something here :D when I was in tong, I was the only one who knew/cared about the souls. I managed to kill 1 we were fine! I had to do it 3 times, the fight was kinda long - 3 soul phases. I kill 1 soul every time and we finished it :D
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    It is quite unballanced. Like many other content right now. And we kinda knew it would be like this for some weeks. Thinking of how it used to be back in our days, or coming here to say "hey, i finished it" is completely missing the point. No one is saying it's impossible. It's just nowt balanced with other content supposed to be the same difficulty. And it's happening a lot accros the game. It's not about our personal experience.

Feedbacks like this one is not "complaining". It's important for us and the devs to think of ways to balance the game and make it fun and worthy. Some DGs still need adjustment so we will want to run them.

I can do TONG. With my guildies, we can do it quick and easy. But that's not the reality for randoms. If I queue for it alone and TONG comes up, i just feel like "oh, here we go, losing an hour for no rewards". That is the point we should focus on. Game is not made only for experienced players. How many times have we done TONG? DGs on random queue are not supposed to take an hour to complete. But I see a lot of players taking that much time to do some of them. And it shouldn't be happening.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Got again Tong in redq and seems like whit 52k dps is easy..so i gues if you got low itl in party will not going to go that well.
    Post edited by unknowndrama on
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Ras Nsi | Tomb of Annihilation ..“Soul” adds cant be killed in time..they have to much health to be killed in time and wipes all party each time.. it has to be tuned down..

hmm Ras Nsi of ToNG..

I wonder how many times I have completed after combat changes.. Is it 25 or 35 times. And most of them with pugs.

The thing is that, in order defeat/kill this boss, you need do understand mechanics and mostly you need teamwork.
    If party competing/racing in paingiving, obviously thats lead to failure there. Also it's require tactics not just pushing same power rotation..

Thats mean, you may keep daily power for ghost/adds when they spawn. Same can be said about artefacts and mounts powers..
    Other thing, is barrier/shield which one party member pick prior first boss ( avatar of orcus).
    When I do ToNG I prefer that healer pick shield. So he would not had to worry about himself.

Or dps which have most problems, and require constant healers attention.

Other thing when adds spawned, CC abilities( aoe ) are helpful to let group survive. But if party members racing in paingiving scoreboard, then due ego none will do use CC.

So to clear ToNG is possible and it's not as hard than you think.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User

I agree with "they got too much health" part, but it still can be killed.

I tried TONG with not so bad item level toon around 33k-35k with my guildies just for fun, we clear it.

There are a couple things that can be used.

1. Mount power that instantly consume minion, like trex or toad
    2. Arcturia Music Box Artifact. this will instantly kill soul too

The tank need to aggro the mobs and positioned them so they did not overlap with the souls, so dps can target them with much easier.

There are other way to beat the last boss with a litle attention to soul mechanics, with a sheer brute force.

You see, the boss will scream the atropal cry when it's hp down to around 25 or 20 % so if you can force the boss to that state before the 2nd soul phase then your party will die but still can be ressurected, except the one who got the HP buff from the first boss, that person can ress the othero... or just simply use scroll
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

I agree with "they got too much health" part, but it still can be killed.

I tried TONG with not so bad item level toon around 33k-35k with my guildies just for fun, we clear it.

There are a couple things that can be used.

1. Mount power that instantly consume minion, like trex or toad
    2. Arcturia Music Box Artifact. this will instantly kill soul too

The tank need to aggro the mobs and positioned them so they did not overlap with the souls, so dps can target them with much easier.

There are other way to beat the last boss with a litle attention to soul mechanics, with a sheer brute force.

You see, the boss will scream the atropal cry when it's hp down to around 25 or 20 % so if you can force the boss to that state before the 2nd soul phase then your party will die but still can be ressurected, except the one who got the HP buff from the first boss, that person can ress the othero... or just simply use scroll
    Not everyone has these mounts/mount powers or this artifact, and it should NOT be a requirement in order to beat ToNG.

Being BiS should NOT be a requirement to beat a dungeon that is YEARS/MODS old!

There shouldn't be a need to "brute force" Ras Nsi down to below a certain % of health in order to get through. The mechanics should be playable, and currently, they aren't for MOST people.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    1. Let me clarify my comment: I never said that you must have those mount and artifact, to clear TonG I'm only suggesting or more correctly pointing out some usefull item that can be used.

2. As I said I clear them with medium item level toons, it was not a smooth sailing we failed 3 times, after some more discussion about strat to kill the soul we beat it eventually.

3. Dont get me wrong, I also agree that the souls need to be nerfed, but saying it is cant be done and need BiS, etc is an exageration.

Why? because most of the player base didnt even want to learn and give up after 1 fail attempts, heck, most of them even runaway before it start.