test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When will we have our staff of flowers back to normal?

themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
Several Staff of flowers from bound on equip, have been bound to char or on pickup, i have 2 extra ones in my bank one personal and one in the shared bank now bound to char that i do not need!!
and 6 in my guild banks that are now bound on pickup, i cannot even move them between banks

Will you fix this soon?? or are you going to give us a chance to exchange them for not bound?

I am asking because they all are blue staff of flowers and they come from lockboxes, that we know very well we buy the keys, and it is not considered gambeling because there is always a prize. But is it correct to change the prizes once they are in our posession? Do not think so.

I am sure tho that you all have thought of that and are already working on a fix. Just wondering when this will happen.

Answers

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, similar bug happened to Bags of Holding bought from the ZEN shop over a year ago
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1253941/improved-bag-of-holding-bound-to-account-bug/
    it took them months to even answer, and it was never fixed.

Support: "Can't help you."
    Devs: "Can't help you."

May be they'll fix it this time, but i wouldn't bet on it...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    My opinion ? They'll never fix it... After they put them in lockbox prices dropped to arround 10K. Now, it's 800K +. It looks like only staffs from lockboxes are "locked". That's why I sell almost everything - not ench and mops (what is not bind) as soon as possible.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Step 1: They fix the binding issue.
    Step 2: You get one after they fix it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Step 1: They fix the binding issue.
    Step 2: You get one after they fix it.

They fix the binding issue is not a one step process, it is a major multi-step process that the devs don't want to do.
    After all the steps are over and everything is unbound again then we can go to a new step.
    The next step is getting rid of the artificial constraints related to the so-called "class balance" problem.
    Once the devs get out of "player balance' restrictions rat-race and concetrate on building, creating and tweaking better monster opponents, then the players can each develop their characters in their own way and will have more Freedom to co-operate with other players.

Player co-operation, especially in party and Dungeon/Trial/Skirmish/HE situations is at the Core of D&D.

Getting rid of binding, which restricts that co-operation, by Guilds and other players, to help newer players and their characters be competitive faster.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    This bug is likely related to a future change that they are testing.

It looks they may have been toying with the idea of making items from zox boxes bop similar to the Juma bags.
    I'm guessing someone made a mistake which caused the staff of flowered to have a bop status.
    Unfortunately as we have seen when this exact same bug happened with the bags of holding it is going to be too much work to fix this for you guys so you all are going to have to bite the bullet on this one.

Don't think of it as a bug think of it as a feature lol
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    They need to remove bound to character and make anything they don't want resold as bound to account. Tech support cannot help, been there and done that. Anyone been helped by tech support that didn't involve a simple adjustment or recalibration on your end? This is why I suspect the tech support is outsourced, they have a game manual, and cannot make any changes to your account or the game.

1. Replace BoC with BoA
    2. Shut the game down for 2 weeks.
    Q. Fix all the game bugs.
    R. Turn the game back on.
    V. Replace the game core with the Earth's core. :trollface:

Easy as 3.14159

Just killing time...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Staff of Flowers update due today on PC:

https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11485733
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited March 2021
    armadeonx said:
    Well, a bit strange that they can actually patch the staff mess within less then 2 weeks, but it took them months to even answer on the bag problem, and then decided not to fix the bags in the end... just wondering why fixing a binding status can't be done before, but it's no problemo now?
    Want to know why?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    regenerde said:

armadeonx said:
    Well, a bit strange that they can actually patch the staff mess within less then 2 weeks, but it took them months to even answer on the bag problem, and then decided not to fix the bags in the end... just wondering why fixing a binding status can't be done before, but it's no problemo now?

1. Money. One is zen store item and the other one is not. Unbound all flowers blindly regardless what its rightful previous status was does not hurt their bottom line. Unbound all bags would.
    2. One is bound to account and one is bound to character. One can pass to another character and one cannot.
    3. One can be used more than one per character and one is not. The 2nd bag is not always useless in a character.
    4. More people stashed many flowers (say, 10+) and not as many stash tons of bags.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2021
    Well, it can't be about money, otherwise they would be on top of any problem with the ZEN shop or ZEN Charge Promotions, and that's clearly not the case here. I mean, if it were about money, shouldn't the company make sure that their customers get help (replacing the bag, or refunding the ZEN) with these kind of problems, so that they continue spending money here?

Not to mention the promotion a few months after "Baggate", during which they gave away free legendary bags to everyone...

Btw. there was someone that ended up with 6 freshly bought bags bound to account, and i'm pretty sure that was the very last time he spend any money on the game.

Anyway, i had a problem with my old WoW account, contacted their support and it took them a couple of hours to fix it and i even got a message (about an ticket update) in game while playing - bought the epic Shadowlands pack and 6 months of game time right away. Lesson to be learned, good customer support will make you money.
    Want to know why?
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Just glad I saw the warning notice this morning before the update.

Moved several Mythic level staffs from alts to inventory, and voila - I now have 2 unbound mythic staffs now plus some purples.

What's more, post - patch the glut of mythic staffs now on the AH has already driven the price on a mythic quality staff down to the same price as a green quality staff was selling for pre-patch (just under 1 million AD). It's a super deal for those with the AD to buy. Also, it would absolutely suck to be one of the folks who bought a green quality staff on the AH yesterday...

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The thing is that they dont have any clue about what items became bound, so they make all unequipped unbound (still my staff of flowers in bank is bound after patch)

So the dont know what bags became bound and their only poor solution is to make all unbound, and seems that they arent going to make all bags unbound -> slap in the face to zen buyers.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    They do know which bags had become bound from the bug because we had all put in tickets asking about it lol.

Either way I've learned my lesson, buying anything from the Zen market is as much of a gamble as opening lockboxes.
    Any reclaimable item purchased via Zen could disappear from the market at anytime and that it's best not to spend any money on the game that you don't mind losing.