test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are these fashions available?

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

I think the hair piece is from summer event, but trying to figure the dresses.

Any info is appreciated! :heart:
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Hat: Sunite Hat (Fashion Item) Simpleton's Crown (gear item)

Top is similar to a crafted piece for wizard and maybe warlock, one of the doublets. I don't think the apron is as long. Sybella wears something like that.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Hat: Sunite Hat (Fashion Item) Simpleton's Crown (gear item)

Top is similar to a crafted piece for wizard and maybe warlock, one of the doublets. I don't think the apron is as long. Sybella wears something like that.

Hat is a fashion item Disciple of Leira, but I figured it out. The rest is in your armors, or at the workshop, and only for a wizard.

I don't like the clipping on the bottom of the linen halfrobe. She is wearing a dye not in my palette. I think some teal? Also she is wearing a cotton shirt? and I just spent 3000 AD to get this on, I was lazy and didn't want to run to my bank for another 1K.

The other woman is wearing pinks and some light reds, I don't see in my palette.

Have fun! :heart:

wb-cenders.gif
    The Leira fashion items are just clones of the Sunite ones. IIRC they weren't intended for release but snuck in somehow and were never changed.
    I might showcase some fashions here this weekend. My team could use a new wardrobe.

Enjoy! <3
    wb-cenders.gif

These were not too difficult or costly. All of these are armors and not fashion.

A rogue, Silvane Stardust in Vistani Vest, Leather Halfgloves, and Iliyanbruen Boots.
    Dyes in use are, Kobold Red, Chaotic Red, Lion Hide, and Black.
    This costume is indeed unique, as Vistani gear is character bound and only be receive once.
    The boots are from the original Sharandar module #1 that no longer exists.

A wizard, Nicholas Magnus in a cotton hoodie that can be worn up or down! (1K AD to change it)

Items included are; Martyr's Cowl (up), Cotton Hood (down), Smiting Robes +1,
    Piercing Gloves, Deerskin Halfboots, and Cotton Pants.
    Dyes in use are, Chaotic Red, Honeysuckle, Black, and Bordeaux.

A barbarian, Hladgerd Lothbrok has worn her armor for years.

Now here she is wearing; Lost Chainmail of the Sentinel, Restoring Bracers, and Mighty Storm Slippers.
    Dyes in use are, Arctic, Periwinkle, Bright Gold, and Bluefire.

I wonder what you can come up with on your own? :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif

I repaired this by hiding the clipping. I used the same color on the skirt as the pants.

Recolorized; Pink, Pixie Dust, and Periwinkle

Blue is not a good color for Llorna Zorg. :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
    Sadly, most aprons clip like that.
    edited March 2021
    @pitshade worse yet, I know they don't have to clip like that either. Long time ago, Brian showed me (in too much detail) the differences between the models in the original Guild Wars compared to this and other games. Guild Wars removed the under layers. Anything "covered" by armor, simply did not exist. Not only does this method prevent clipping, it makes the models load quicker and move better. Then things like capes movement was restricted by bounding boxes to avoid collision. In this game and others they layer the clothing on top of the skin and when it clips you see the skin. Capes and aprons flow well but they ignore most body parts like they don't exist.

I am no 3D expert, but I have seen first hand, how these things are generated. I think a lot of the issues, stems from the inheritance of a twelve year old core engine. Even using old tools, I think they could have done something to reduce the clipping.

Aero Ironcrown has always understood the need to blend in and look honest as the day is long.
    She is wearing a Smiting Leather Tunic +4, Martyr's Wristguards, Pants of the Seer, and Mighty Storm Slippers.
    Dyes used; Bright Gold, Honeysuckle, Cream, Harvest Gold, Lion Hide, Blue, and Red Oxide.

Don't forget to work on Halloween costumes for the Barovian Bash in October. :heart:
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    @sandukutupu I both agree and disagree with this statement, "Guild Wars removed the under layers. Anything "covered" by armor, simply did not exist. Not only does this method prevent clipping, it makes the models load quicker and move better. "
    Do you remember my time agent, Tempus? He had issues where his gloves and sleeve cuffs met, or should I say they didn't meet. Wasn't perfect, but I think they fixed it. Also we had limited choices on armors because it was a much smaller library. The whole game on my HDD is saying, 3.9 GB compared to this one at 31.4 GB. Finally the mesh is not as complex. I think a GW character has 2500 faces, this game probably 5 to 10 times that amount. So I don't know if I would say they load quicker. They are just more compact.

There are many games that fail to put limits on the 3D mesh and suffer for it. I feel programmers globally are lax, depending too much on plugins and modules to do the work for them. Look at the laundry list of plugins for this game;

amd_ags_x64.dll, amd_ags_x86.dll, avcodec-54.dll, avformat-54.dll, avutil-51.dll, CUESDK_2015.DLL, d3dcompiler_46.dll, d3dcompiler_47.dll, dbghelp.dll, GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll, GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x86.dll, icudt.dll, libcef.dll, libcrypto-1_1.dll, libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll, libeay_w32.dll, libeay_x64.dll, libsndfile-1.dll, libssl-1_1.dll, libssl-1_1-x64.dll, LightFX.dll, nvtt.dll, nvtt_x64.dll, ortp.dll, PhysX3CommonDEBUG_x64.dll, PhysX3CommonDEBUG_x86.dll, PhysX3Common_x64.dll, PhysX3Common_x86.dll, PhysX3CookingDEBUG_x64.dll, PhysX3CookingDEBUG_x86.dll, PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll, PhysX3Cooking_x86.dll, PhysX3DEBUG_x64.dll, PhysX3DEBUG_x86.dll, PhysX3_x64.dll, PhysX3_x86.dll, PxFoundationDEBUG_x64.dll, PxFoundationDEBUG_x86.dll, PxPvdSDKDEBUG_x64.dll, PxPvdSDKDEBUG_x86.dll, ssleay_w32.dll, ssleay_x64.dll, steam_api64.dll, steam_api.dll, vivoxoal.dll, vivoxsdk.dll, xinput1_3.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll

Everything there is a DLL (dynamic linked library) that outsources the work to other programs. For example, d3d is the Direct X, PhysX is a physics handler for bodies falling and bouncing, and we can even see Steam is represented even though I don't use it. The older games don't use as many libraries and that can be a good thing. Oops! I derailed your thread. :trollface:

Back on topic, nice outfits, but I only see one man representing... are you being a tad bit sexist?

Just killing time...