test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantments need attention (the new system made ranking up enchantments a Waste of Money/AD)

xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
With the new combat system Ranking up enchantments is a waste of Money/AD.

Lets use a single status enchantment as example (Azure)
Rank 15: 300 crit, 180 CRating
Rank 10: 150 crit, 90 CRating

We have 18 enchantment slots on our gear, so the difference between a R10 and a R15 is 2700 crit and 1620 CRating.

A friend of mine pointing this issue really good on our alliance discord with the next post:

Comparison DPS builds Rank 15 vs Rank 10 enchants (loss of damage is 3%).
The difference in cost is about 24 millions astral diamonds

Dark Enchantment, Rank 10 = 112k x 5 = 560k
Azure Enchantment, Rank 11 = 112k x 4 = 448k
Silvery Enchantment, Rank 11 = 120k x 3 = 336k
Tactical Enchantment, Rank 10 = 52k x 5 = 260k
-------1.604k AD
Dark Enchantment, Rank 15 = 2.100k x 5 = 10.500k
Azure Enchantment, Rank 15 = 1.720k x 4 = 6.880k
Silvery Enchantment, Rank 15 = 1.600k x 3 = 4.800k
Tactical Enchantment, Rank 15 = 1.650k x 5 = 8.250k
-------25.435k AD

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/740967945534177321/817496852999438406/rank15_vs_Rank_10.png

We can all agree that something needs to change.

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Final upgrades are expensive. Always has been. Much better now though with pres wards from chests and R15s for tradebars tough.

The counter argument I have to toss out is after the campaigns are completed what is there left to do? Enchantments and collars while waiting for new content. Dungeons and other things to fund it. If the cost of enchants and collars get reduced, what's left? Run content with nothing to spend AD on other than an alt if your building.

I would 100% agree if it wasn't for needing something to do between content. If content starts coming fast and furious after the rework adjustments get finished(If ever) then I'll gladly retract this statement XD

End game players will chase that extra 3%. I did.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    No 1 is asking for a reduction in cost of upgrade... Iam saying that the difference is small... the difference between rank 10 and rank 15 should be higher!

You don't agree... you are ok that the a rank 15 vs rank 10 is close to nothing... good for you!

Its just fun that I never saw you finding a single thing wrong with the game... or in need of some tweaks... all your comments are that all is fine and should be harder... Cryptic must pay you good...
    It's an expensive way to fine tune a character. I fully agree there. But that's exactly what they are, end game fine tuning.

And I tend to make my complaints in the preview section when things are still being developed and the input can still be considered, not after it's gone live and only having tweaks. When the stat rework hit preview my first comment was "If this is what your going live with you better get ready for the pitch forks and torches".
  • inspecter68inspecter68 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    It seems that you are missing the point of the topic. It's not the cost to upgrade enchants that he's talking about, it's that they have marginal stats. I don't know why you are trying to make this about monitory costs. He is right. The stats on enchants has been nerfed into the ground and made nearly irrelevant.
    edited March 2021

It seems that you are missing the point of the topic. It's not the cost to upgrade enchants that he's talking about, it's that they have marginal stats. I don't know why you are trying to make this about monitory costs. He is right. The stats on enchants has been nerfed into the ground and made nearly irrelevant.

xtremoz said:

With the new combat system Ranking up enchantments is a waste of Money/AD.

This is why I commented to the monitary cost, this is litterly his opening statement XD

I have said that they are tools for fine tuning, nothing more. Is that not directly related to their minimal contributions? I've not seen any mention of item level they provide either. While scaled it doesn't mean HAMSTER, but unscaled it means a lot and adds value to ranking them up. Not just about the stats they provide.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Enchants should give % and they should have more ranks imo
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Way back in the 'Olden Days' (2013), The highest enchantment/rune was Rank 10 and the highest Rank enchantment you could get from a lockbox was a Rank 5 to 7 [3 levels lower]. The highest enchantment/une went from 10 to 12 to 14 to 15, the highest enchantment/rune from a lockbox could have kept pace [3 levels lower] going to 9 then 11 then 12, but has stopped at 10. Lockbox enchantment/runes could now go from Rank10 to 12 and it would be a lot less expensive than the Rank 9s and 10s now dropped from lockboxes.
    @reg1981

You can say whatever you want, end game will pay, its all ok for you… and I keep my statement, your comment are always against any complain a player do as its all good for you when other say its not working as it should.

“I find this very interesting because a few days ago I ran as DPS and stole aggro at the last boss. I was sure I was toast but I survived the pull and the flame thrower. I think I was like 52k-53k approx 640k HP on Warlock”

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1260308/tic-last-boss-overcooked-attack-does-to-much-dmg/p1

We have started putting 2 players per zombie. 1 on each side. With combat advantage it takes 1 encounter from each player to kill it. By the time you've killed the 3rd, your first encounter is usually up again ready to start over. But this takes co-ordination and team playing.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1259761/zombies-in-cn-have-to-much-hp-and-1-shot-every1

In any case the difference between a Rank 10 and a Rank 15 still close to nothing, in a system based on a 1/1000, having a r10 give 150 status and a R15 300…. its to low.

2 rank 15 on a ring 600 status
    2 rank 10 on ring 300 status
    0 enchantments on a ring + reinforce kit 800

so why invest on enchantments as they are.

As to the EndGamer need something to invest on, so its ok r15 cost a lot and do close to 0 improvement… Iam not sure what endGamers you play with… but all have there R15 way before system changed.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    I think @noworries#8859 mentioned they were looking at enchantments in one of the systems q&a streams.

IMHO scrapping all ranks below 10 would be a nice start. That would leave us with enchantments rank 1-5. The resources needed for leveling them up should have a total rework.

Adding mythic levels 6-7 could open up for additional effects on enchantments; direct % increases like @darthpotater suggested and maybe even new and innovative effects that directly affect playstyle/powers.
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

I think @noworries#8859 mentioned they were looking at enchantments in one of the systems q&a streams.

IMHO scrapping all ranks below 10 would be a nice start. That would leave us with enchantments rank 1-5. The resources needed for leveling them up should have a total rework.

Adding mythic levels 6-7 could open up for additional effects on enchantments; direct % increases like @darthpotater suggested and maybe even new and innovative effects that directly affect playstyle/powers.

New enchantments focus on player style and role oriented would be nice also like "tenebrous", thats is nice on paper... but fails..., when it doesn't stacks ( having 1 or 5 seems to not affect proc %). or maybe bring back "Tranquil", that really works.