test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do you hate tanks?

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited March 2021

I hate tanks because they're all like look at me. look at me. here I am tanking. I think i'm so great and stuff. blah blah blah. boring silly tanks.

Im the greatest tank of all!
    Elite Whaleboy
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Beholder tank?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I tank on a Paladin mostly. I would say I dont experience this but mostly I form my own runs and occasionally join call outs in zerg channels. I do understand at the start of combat changes aggro was harder, but since they addressed that tanking has been very easy as far as aggro. I know some boss mechanics have changed and tanks are not all up on it. Tanking is doable and can even be fun in the right group. When dps run ahead I do laugh and watch them eat dirt before taking aggro, though I do still run 3x gladiators so I am not slow.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I am not a native english speaker. But...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

I hate tanks because they're all like look at me. look at me. here I am tanking. I think i'm so great and stuff. blah blah blah. boring silly tanks.

Can you explain?

You love tanks, because they do not want any attention? They all think they are weak? They are exciting and smart?
    You hate tanks, because they want to much attention?

What insights you want to show us?

That tanks should not complain and should eat what we got? Maybe many of us are not able anymore to joke about what we got, because it is not funny.

Not only that many are unhappy, no tanks even get ridiculed. To speak with one voice, melechest already wrote the answer:
    melechest said:

Keep trashtalking the tanks mate, because that surely helps.

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Cough, cough
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User

Join me in a TIC run and I will show you what a tank can do with people like you (especially at 2th boss).
    Players I have grouped with knows exactly what I mean with this.
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Yes, well we were in the same RTQ last night and you stole my aggro. I was rather unhappy ;p
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited March 2021

ahhh people, I am pretty sure TFSC is just having a joke, geez toughen up fellow tankers, we should be able to tank way more than a little joke or two !!! :)
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    With all the trash talking we get and all the frustration we have, do you expect everyone to take something like this as a sarcasm? There is no context that shows it was meant as a joke. I dont see even a hint that this was a joke and not what he actually thought. Especially when there are people who come in such threads and honestly trash talk us.
    finmakin said:

wilbur626 said:

Cough, cough
    I have heard rumors from the troll lairs that you are automatically disqualified just for being a paladin.
    Elite Whaleboy
    @gweddeoran#4924 I found @thefiresidecat s contribution to this "conversation" by far the most constructive. I would blame @finmakin for the derailment
    Elite Whaleboy
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    what is the title of this thread? seriously. re read it. and if I were a dev I wouldn't take it seriously starting there. it's the only reason I even looked at this thread because the title was so silly. I made my response a direct reply to the title and equally as silly.

I am now officially changing my reply to why do you hate tanks to because they can't tank a joke. lmao

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    edited March 2021
    wilbur626 said:

@gweddeoran#4924 I found @thefiresidecat s contribution to this "conversation" by far the most constructive.

Yea. Very constructive. I have same opinion.
    Trollololololololol

Maybe I better switch to reddit community. Only trolls left here.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    New players n average just get gud.. its ur fault if u cannot do like end game players do.. they can u surely especially 1 or 2 days old tank player also can.
  • vvidi#4512 vvidi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm a terrible tank on my Paladin. Not much better on my Fighter, but I enjoy tanking on both toons.
    What is the problem please?
    edited March 2021

I'm a terrible tank on my Paladin. Not much better on my Fighter, but I enjoy tanking on both toons.
    What is the problem please?

?????????????

It's prankday.
    > @drago#3250 said:
    > Yea. Very constructive. I have same opinion.
    > Trollololololololol
    >
    > Maybe I better switch to reddit community. Only trolls left here.

The original post is littered with errors and the word “HAMSTER”. What led you to believe this would be a constructive thread?

Original post even claims it’s not possible to reach all 90% in defensive stats 😂
    Elite Whaleboy
    edited March 2021
    wilbur626 said:

> @drago#3250 said:

> Yea. Very constructive. I have same opinion.

> Trollololololololol

>

> Maybe I better switch to reddit community. Only trolls left here.

The original post is littered with errors and the word “HAMSTER”. What led you to believe this would be a constructive thread?

Original post even claims it’s not possible to reach all 90% in defensive stats 😂

You argue from your whale bubble.

This is most constructive:

Tanks can go HAMSTER themselves.

Breaking news:

7 years old tank do not HAMSTER.
  • cfears#6513 cfears Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Forte for a Justicar Palidan should be 1. Defense 2. Awareness. 3. Critical Avoidance.

Up the companion powers from 3% to 10% awareness.
    @drago#3250

It’s hard to understand what you are saying. How does this “whale bubble” make the ratings system different for me than for you?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • vvidi#4512 vvidi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thank you, I'd love more of those hints applicable to Mod 20.
    Hopefully those hard workers who are testing their recommendations will publish them soon.
    The wonderful videos available so far have been great, although I've heard they've put the AH price for what they recommend sky-high!!!
    edited March 2021
    wilbur626 said:

@drago#3250

It’s hard to understand what you are saying. How does this “whale bubble” make the ratings system different for me than for you?

You do not understand that you have a loadout for every situation. Maximum DPS, maximum Tank. STDPS, AOEDPS, whatnot. I never told I have problems. I told it is not fair and not fun. The group play is a competitive environment, else there would be no leaderboards. And the game is poorly balanced.

I build for maximum DPS now and wait for DPS paragon for paladins. Thats all summed up and show all about tanks. Why I should spend any time for awareness gear etc. I have to build 2 loadouts, when DPS are fine with 1. Toooo expensive. These days you do not even get free favor runs at avernus for comp gear, that you can buy awareness stuff, but ofcourse the DPS want you to have full awareness stuff???? Reality is it is best to do it 4 HDPS 1 Heal. Yea super tank times. That is the reality. Better not start a tank.
This discussion has been closed.