test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maze Engine - Defending The Sword Coast

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited March 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Yay, another annoying bug resurfaces,

1. Take Maze Engine daily repeatable quest "Defending the Sword Coast" (specifically Defend Pirates' Skyhold)
2. Complete quest > hand in quest
3. Take next "Defending the Sword Coast" quest (receive same quest, Pirates Skyhold)
4. Attempt to fufill 2nd part of quest "Steal demonic ritual Components"

The components are not there, except one. I don't recall if there are 2 rng sets of these 5 components but either they are not respawning because I had the same quest prior or the second set is spawning 4 short.

For clarity I scoured the specific area and outside parameters, checked the usual dwelling spawns and double checked beneath enemy packs. Only one was there.

Abandoning and re-taking quest gives the same quest so can't work round it.

After doing this I re-checked the quest, still the same except the one component that was there prior is now also missing.

Comments

• Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Did you wait a day before doing the 'Daily' Defending the Sword Coast' quest? Although Braenor offers the quest upon turn-in, it is intended for the following day - and perhaps the areas need to reset.
  • Options
    Always been able to repeat it multiple times in a day, I'm guessing the issue lies with carrying it over if it happens to be the same specific quest. If that's the case then abandoning it should reset the daily set at least, which it doesn't.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    not sure if this helps, but sometimes when the nodes are exhausted, simply swapping instances will fix that problem
  • Options

not sure if this helps, but sometimes when the nodes are exhausted, simply swapping instances will fix that problem

Didn't think to try this at the time, unsure if there would have been another instance available. Anyway, having gone back hours later, they have now re-appeared, so I'm guessing there's a cool down or something.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    ukspawn said:

Didn't think to try this at the time, unsure if there would have been another instance available. Anyway, having gone back hours later, they have now re-appeared, so I'm guessing there's a cool down or something.
    If there are no other instances, try to ask help from you alliance to come into the zone to open another one. otherwise you will just get bald while playing the waiting game of them respawning.
  • Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    also - the nodes were half in the ground last time I did that quest - hard to spot, but they were never not there... and I played this campaign on 7 chars :D
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The components not resetting for a repeat of the quest is a bug that was reported when ME was new. Changing instances or waiting until daily server reset are the only workarounds. Unfortunately you cannot skip quests once assigned, probably to stop people from gaming it but still a poor design decision IMO.

If you are doing this for Sybella, the story quests (even replays) and Ballad of Baphomet count as well. If you are farming Alliance supplies, may just use it as a break point.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother