test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trying to remove credit card info from the game

doompriest70doompriest70 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I have followed the directions:

Click on your account name in the top right hand corner and select "My Account"
Click on "Manage Subscriptions"
NOTE: You will need to enter the Account Guard one-time Verification code to proceed if you haven't already saved your browser
For information on Account Guard please see this FAQ
Click on "Main Menu"
Click on "Manage Payment Methods"
Find the payment method you wish to remove and click the 'Delete' button

The problem I am having is there is NO "main menu" once I verify my one time - verification code, I do in fact proceed to Account guard, however the only thing I can do in there is remove IP addresses. There is no main menu to click on to continue the rest of the directions.

Comments

• samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I checked this out. I thought maybe @doompriest70 had a wallet active in the web browser. That is not the case, I navigated to Billing - Arc, viewed my last purchase;
    Date - Transaction ID - Gateway - Game / Server - Status / Detail - Amount - In-game Currency
    07/17/2020 - ####0296 - Direct Credit Card - Neverwinter / Dragon ... - Completed - $200 - 23000 Zen

Yes, this was my last purchase here before everything here went sideways.

I clicked charge, chose Dragon (International) server, $10, pay with credit card and everytime, it shows me my Master Card account last 4 numbers - Expires on 04/23 - Remove and Continue button. Clicked Removed and pop up windows states;

Are you sure?

You are about to remove your credit card information along with the billing address. Do you want to continue?

I clicked YES, and it retains my card information.

This is not a huge issue with me as there is not much remaining on the prepaid card. However this is something of a concern to others who have trusted you more than myself, and used debit cards linked to their bank accounts. This is dealing with your clients cash and should be job one.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I can see a scenario here, teen Billy asks Dad to buy him $20 worth of Zen. Dad fills out the form and Billy then spends all the Zen. Months later he is buying 6 months worth of VIP and lockbox keys, Dad looks at the card statement and finds he is in debt to Cryptic for $500. I checked my Champions account and I have no cards listed, thank God! I trusted them with my VISA debit bank card, after reading this, the trust is gone. :angry: From now on, it is limited gift cards for you.

Just killing time...
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    It is very low on cryptic priority list of addressing bugs that cost them future revenue if they are (EVER) fixed lol

trying to cancel vip is like trying to cancel a gym member ship LOL ..they make it super hard cause people are too lazy to really remove the credit info and do their due diligence . and they (cryptic / companies in general ) are in fact counting on it ./..some thing along the line of if they are too lazy and unmotivated to go to the gym they will be too lazy and un motivated to cancel their member ship by jumping thru hoops lol
    @kalina311 this has nothing to do with membership, VIP, or a reoccurring cost. It is about people sharing their bank access with Cryptic and they cannot turn it off. There is a method to get the card replaced, but it can cost or take time to return by mail. It is not a good idea to have a broken webpage for credit/debit cards in this day and age.

Just killing time...
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    dooo deee dooooo hello there trust yea hard to trust these days. using a credit card on the internet is in it's self a bad bad idea. I was more in line with a prepaid card like sameriker. once you give out your information it's out of your hands other then canceling the card or requesting a new one with a different pin. I am sure the net work on arc's side is ok but it's the in-between. Microsoft you got to love them. Not sure why your removing your card but I might think to contact support or your bank. I was toying with spending money but I was going to go with a arc 20 dollar gift card you can't go wrong there and they can't charge you if some one gets your data. anyways I just went through an ordeal with computer software issues and now having more headlines in the news about the same issues from the same software provider your best option in to request a new card to make positively sure the issue is no longer a problem. anyways trust is a issue with me you know. dooo deee dooo just my two cents. zoom zoom poof...
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    use virtual revolut card - freeze/unfreeze with one touch on your phone :)
    I think the whole point here is you shouldn't have to use gift cards and temporary VISA for companies you put your trust into. As to why you might want to remove the data, it could be old, you might be in the process of changing banks, or you son Bill Jr. over spent $500 on loot box keys! :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    yes you should not have to protect your self from bad people. But there are bad people and when you are talking about computers, browsers, or even crypt currency it can never be 100% save. Do you trust arc some of you well say yes some well say yes bla bla bla and give a history of all the safe transactions or going to a glob of technical or ethical reasoning. Kind of going in to a church and telling the contraction that Lilith was just misunderstood and it was the arch angle fault. yea not going to go over well.

anyway the issue is they want to remove their information do to a lack of trust or not reasons where not given. Details lacking the whole
    NOTE: You will need to enter the Account Guard one-time Verification code to proceed if you haven't already saved your browser
    kind make me wonder why they would want the card code their not spending money. Is this person on a mirror site fishing for card verification codes for the information a maleware got of their browser? was this person prompted by an email that their account was in jeopardy and that immediate action be take least their credit account my be compromised and is provided a handy link in the email. Kind of like those micro soft mirror ones takes you to a place that looks official. we dont know the original joined in 2015 has 8 posts and might have walked away from the game years ago and is just returning to address an issue that has arisen from their past. we don't know it's all speculation... Trust is really hard to come by now when you can read and your read the news. anyways 8 posts in 5 years it might be some time before we hear back from the original poster. just saying....=/