test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Faerzress

sayna#8877 sayna Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Can't process faerzress or make keys. I noticed that my main can make the key. My alt character can't process or make the key.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I don't think it has anything to do with main or alt. I have "older" character with more faerzress (thousands) and is having 15 Greater Demonic key cannot make key but a younger one with less faerzress (less than one thousand) and is having one Demonic key can.

One of my 6 characters (who all completed the campaign years ago) cannot make key but the other 5 can.
    The one who cannot has the most faeerzress, over 3000. He is a rogue.
    The other 5 have less than 3000 faeerzress.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jurian#2779 jurian Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Same problem here. I never had this problem on any character. I could create "Greater Demonic Keys" on every character which had met the requirements for the Underdark campaign. Now only the main char (who was the first to complete the campaign) can create the key - but it's locked for all the others. Also, "Prozess Faerzress" is locked for all the alt chars, too.
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I can't progress Underdark campaign (I think those toons didn't start Underdark campaign quests at all):

• Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    I have the same "LOCKED" on the demonic key on just one of my toons. 7 can make the key, one can't :D
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    It’s a bug . Had same problem last week , couldn’t make key and couldn’t finish last boon off in IWD even though all currencies and criteria was met . After closing NW on PS4, and restarting it , I was able to complete both .
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Have a number of alts that farmed Faerzress at the double legacy event and progressed up to the Drow Hunting tips boon, now locked from further progression as shown by others. The Start button on the campaign wants me to do the Dwarves and Farms quests but I don't have time to do that on one, much less all. Being able to skip the intro quests for alts was known to be intended since the campaign was new. Dwarves and Farms wasn't even added until the next mod, Maze Engine.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    only one of my toons can make a key...all others are locked and can't process for the last boon. Has anyone at cryptic given some kind of explanation about it yet? It seems to have started after the maze engine x2 currency kicked in
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Is this a bug, or something that has been fixed? When you do the questline on your main it opens the edemo trial for all toons but imo the campaign would stay locked for others until the questline was completed.

New content, we do it on 1 toon and open the dungeon but still must do the full questline on other toons to open and progress the campaign.
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

Is this a bug, or something that has been fixed? When you do the questline on your main it opens the edemo trial for all toons but imo the campaign would stay locked for others until the questline was completed.

New content, we do it on 1 toon and open the dungeon but still must do the full questline on other toons to open and progress the campaign.

I can understand it being a bug, but I never had to do that for the characters I progressed through it in the 3yrs I've been playing...and they're gonna "fix" it now when my last toon is only 2 ticks away from completing it? It would be nice to get some kind of explanation about what's going on...if it's intended to be locked now because of a quest or not.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It has worked so that one character unlocks the campaign for the account since the module was new. That was about 5 years ago. It doesn't seem likely that they suddenly discovered that this was a bug (I don't think many of the devs are the same if any) and the 'fix' it with no mention in the patch notes, knowing that they would be stopping progress for players with no explanation or warning.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    I figured since it wasn't in the patch notes it wasn't intended, but I'm sure there's been changes and fixes that weren't included in patch notes before....usually followed by some kind of explanation after. It actually does kinda make sense to not be able to process Faerzress if we haven't done the quest to learn about it. I just did the dwarves and farm quest and learned about Demonic Ichor and Faerzress quest and it's still locked. I'm not gonna spend the time to go through the whole quest line just to find out it's still locked, but it would be nice to get some confirmation from cryptic that they're aware of it and working on it if it wasn't intentional. I understand it's only been a day and they're probably already working on it if it wasn't intentional...there's plenty of other things to do that aren't so broken....but dang, 2 more days to be complete. Oh well, still need the Dwarven Spelunking before I can use On Madness anyway
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

Not able to make key should be a bug because my 6 toon completed the campaign long long time ago and has been making keys. Now, one of the 6 cannot make key anything and it is the one who made the most keys and has the most Faerzress.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I just discovered this myself. 2 of my 5 toons cannot make the key :(
  • Options
    alistairetheblu#7442 alistairetheblu Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    reg1981 said:

Bug. I have the keys locked on my character with 100% progress.
  • Options
    rafalrafirafalrafi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also have this problem on one of the characters
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    thought i didnt have this bug but it showed up today

• Options
    alistairetheblu#7442 alistairetheblu Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Found out from a comment on reddit that you have to do the Dwarven King quests now up to and including https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Into_Mantol-Derith . This makes sense of course, but if they changed this on purpose it would've been real nice to put this in the patch notes.
  • Options
    the character i posted above finished the campaign and has been farming that bahamet quest for AD for years now. i dont think the comment about dwarven king is accurate
  • Options
    correction, this appears to be correct. the character had completed the underdark campaign but not the dwarven king campaign. upon completing the dwarven king campaign i can now make keys.

Yes would be very helpful if this change had been communicated out to the community. Also what was the reason for this change?
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I can confirm doing the Dwarven King quest line fixes it. Still a bug though, since this should unlock once just one of your characters have unlocked it. Says so right in the tool tip.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I went back to check the lone character who cannot make key. Somehow, this character did not do that Dwarven King quest. I start doing that quest and if anyone is going to do the same, don't forget to pick up 'Cool hearted' and 'Misunderstood' titles by taking the money from the chest of the farm family home.

You may want to bring an arcane kit too.
  • Options
    sayna#8877 sayna Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Confirmed. The quest "The dwarfen king" has to be completed on all characters in order to make keys and process the faerzress. It's bad that this change was not listed on the patch notes.
  • Options
    arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Can you please tell us if this was intended?
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Issue was escalated for investigation last week and we were able to repro. It is being worked on but I have no additional updates at this time.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Incredible stupidity. To make a key, I had to repeat quests ...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options

Issue was escalated for investigation last week and we were able to repro. It is being worked on but I have no additional updates at this time.

thanks for the update. Knowing it's being worked on sounds to me like it wasn't intended and helps squash rumors of a ninja change I've been hearing. What does repro mean?
  • Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

thanks for the update. Knowing it's being worked on sounds to me like it wasn't intended and helps squash rumors of a ninja change I've been hearing. What does repro mean?
    Short for reproduce, meaning they were able to reproduce the problem and see it for themselves.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    plan009 said:

Short for reproduce, meaning they were able to reproduce the problem and see it for themselves.
    thank you