test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a reason to spend money on this game

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
edited March 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
I LOVE Neverwinter, and have played it since Mod 2. The greatest thrill I personally got was...

1.) I could play a variety of different characters AND get them all strong enough to play "all" content/Dungeons.

2.) I could not only see, but feel the progression towards being a "GOD" like toon.

3.) Playing this game was "Fun and Relaxing" after a hard day of work.

4.) My guild could train our guildmates in ToMM. Superstorm and Heatwave now kills most of them as our healers are not strong enough, which killed off all training. I would plan my entire weekend around this as I LOVED to train and run ToMM.

Those 4, for me personally are gone the way of the Foundry and "OLD" Sharandar as of the Update and Mod 20.

GIVE ME A REASON why I should "invest" in this game and not other games that other players are now playing.

I have 2 days left on my VIP rank 11.... and thus far no plans to renew. Looking for a Dev to tell me why I should, and how they are working on making this game great once again.
Post edited by highlyunstable on

Comments

• mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I guess spend money to max mount bolster, then buy new comps and upgrade them for max bolster. Next buy some collars and or upgrade them to get your base hp and base damage back to last mod or prior for endgame content. That way you can run scaled content and take off collars, gear, enchants, etc to improve your stats...

If you don't care about new content or endgame trials, just slap any random gear and comps on and run scaled content. Doesn't matter what you have on as long as you have lower total il for the content.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    If you have same free money to spent so why not ,
    Still you need to know war is your point in game, you wana be best in your class as dmg deler or best tank or heler, or you just wana have fun? ;D my personal point was be strongest hunter in game ;D
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I had 4 "strong" characters that all could run ToMM and ZCM. Now ... since the update, only my Warlock can run those as I put all my resources into it. I want to play my CW, HR and DC Healer at that same level but... that would seriously cost me way to much money at this moment. You do not get any bang for your buck in this game... just hoping they do "something" to change that. If not.... I WILL be playing and paying for a new game.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I love the way you describe the feeling of trainings. I did these for months and loved every minute of it. Even after I mastered the trial I continued to do training, even random P1 PE trainings! It didn't matter, it was fun! That is gone now, I don't even care to play end game content anymore.

Loved the fact that I had an end game goal to chase with a clear path to get there. That clear path doesn't exist anymore. Sure I can bounce around my stats and %s and make things work well but I can't put into words to someone else how to get there and personally to sit down with a new toon I have 0 direction. Add gear, hope for the best -_-

I think the only point is disagree with is the fact that alts are very useful now. Even with no mythic pets/mounts they work well in many areas. My HR was probably my weakest toon(I have 1 of each class + + +) and he can do new campaigns with ease now.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Maybe your teams need to adapt a bit to the "new ToMM", superstorm and heatweave hits harder than before, and maybe you should consider using debuff stuff like griffin or Tiamat artifact. There are other things you can do with 10 chars to mitigate this like fighter power, or paladin shield / shield of faith.

Im pretty sure if you prepare the fight you wont have problems surviving. Is just that the stuff that used to work, need some tweaks.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

And to make it even worse, the zen store contains an absolutely terrible set of mounts and companions to purchase. All the mediocre options with the mediocre bonuses/powers.

There's nothing worth buying even if you're in the mood to buy!

Ive been saying this for literally years! Its like going to the shops and all they stock is stuff that you dont want to buy. I might buy a Xuna or Legendary Mount or Companion or whatever if it was at a fair price. I stopped paying for VIP 9 months ago and havent missed it. Got a free month VIP with the latest Dragon+ app.

I am levelling up my mounts and companions and happy to pay nothing to enjoy the game and community of our Alliance. That should worry the owners of the business tbh.
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    There isn't a reason to spend money on the game anymore unless you have a lockbox addiction like I used to have until they even killed that.

1. You don't have to buy Coal wards anymore because enchantment and runestone upgrades no longer matter since barely qualifying for a zone will get you through it faster due to the scaling. Upgrading artifacts to highest level can easily be done using Pres wards.
    2. Unless pull a good pet from dungeon chest you already have anything you want would want from the Zen store. I've pulled almost all of my best pets from chests with the exception of maybe 3 from the store. The Siege guy is one of the better ones for DPS IMO and I did buy him.
    3. Most of the mounts in the Zen store are mediocre at best with maybe one or two exceptions.
    4. Collars do help some, but you will never be able to upgrade to highest levels without botting dungeons 24/7 for a week or more straight because the drop rate for the refinement on them is absolutely horrible and I always reroll until I run out of chances. Hmmm.... maybe add those stupid things to the zen market.
    5. Lockbox keys - Drop rate for legendary and mythic mounts are through the roof on lockboxes and the rest of the stuff with the exception of a few of the pets is now either useless or in the case of SH vouchers, not enough to warrant spending real life $$. These are the reasons I say useless. If a person has VIP it's easy to just bank the trade bars and wait to get mount and companion upgrade tokens. Also there are other sources for them like end chests. Refinement is so abundant in drops from kills why is it even in the lockboxes anymore. Runestones and normal enchantments are next to useless for item level and stats since the rework so useless. Last but not least...Reroll tokens. I have more of the things then I can could ever use since I get 3 daily on each toon. Yeah they are BTC but so what. For the love of all things holy why are they now there in a lockbox. If people need them and don't have VIP put them in the Zen store or for sale for AD's. That would at least get rid of some of the AD's in the game.
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User

Maybe your teams need to adapt a bit to the "new ToMM", superstorm and heatweave hits harder than before, and maybe you should consider using debuff stuff like griffin or Tiamat artifact. There are other things you can do with 10 chars to mitigate this like fighter power, or paladin shield / shield of faith.

Im pretty sure if you prepare the fight you wont have problems surviving. Is just that the stuff that used to work, need some tweaks.

You make some very good points, but to do this you would never be able to use the que w/o a premade team. I know most people don't use them anyway. I don't if I can help it. My problem with the rework completely centers around scaling. Nothing that is endgame or even level 80 content should have any scaling to it. A new level 80 toon should not have scaling effect them to where they can do remotely anywhere near the damage that someone over 10k or 12k higher in item level does. I've tested it on myself and it was actually easier for me with lower gear score and stats then what I normally run. To me that is just plain f'ing stupid.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

You make some very good points, but to do this you would never be able to use the que w/o a premade team. I know most people don't use them anyway. I don't if I can help it. My problem with the rework completely centers around scaling. Nothing that is endgame or even level 80 content should have any scaling to it. A new level 80 toon should not have scaling effect them to where they can do remotely anywhere near the damage that someone over 10k or 12k higher in item level does. I've tested it on myself and it was actually easier for me with lower gear score and stats then what I normally run. To me that is just plain f'ing stupid.
    Quoted for the truth.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited March 2021

I LOVE Neverwinter, and have played it since Mod 2. The greatest thrill I personally got was...

1.) I could play a variety of different characters AND get them all strong enough to play "all" content/Dungeons.

2.) I could not only see, but feel the progression towards being a "GOD" like toon.

4.) My guild could train our guildmates in ToMM. Superstorm and Heatwave now kills most of them as our healers are not strong enough, which killed off all training. I would plan my entire weekend around this as I LOVED to train and run ToMM.

Those 4, for me personally are gone the way of the Foundry and "OLD" Sharandar as of the Update and Mod 20.

GIVE ME A REASON why I should "invest" in this game and not other games that other players are now playing.

I have 2 days left on my VIP rank 11.... and thus far no plans to renew. Looking for a Dev to tell me why I should, and how they are working on making this game great once again.

FIrst of all, quit this wording > investing<. You do not invest, you buy these service pack ( vip).
    It's like in grocery store, you buy bread not investing in it :)

Now VIP and zen in general is optional game feature. No one was standing behind you and poke in back, telling you buy zen, get VIP, or any other item/service from zen store.

EIther you grind up to get stuffs, or you pick shortcut, for which you pay.. </div>

Now lets look yo each part of your comment.

Now who's holding you back, not getting all your alts strong enough to play all content/dungeons??

Due combat changes bonding runestones got removed, so I assume your toons where only good as long due stat creep. And due that your toons could walk over any dungeon without need to know mechanics.

The thing is now it's real character building, not what it where prior changes..

Again, question who's hold you back not to create own unique/ultimate build. With which you would walk through game as like god?
    Other thing, what the point to have goodly toon?
    Why simply not add dungeon > empty room an chest, no we skip combat immitation, just get in and claim reward. ( sorry for sarcasm).

In mod 15, at that time end game content ( CODG) the boss fight by average lasted ~5s.
    And players started BEG devs to give them a real challenge. Entire alliances left game cuz they where so boredd.

So I assume your need to have "godly" toon is just so you mock other players.. ( I could use other wordings but due rules replaced them).

Yes it was relaxing.. Here is clip from one streamer which clearly showed how relaxed you could be in this game..
    https://clips.twitch.tv/TangibleAntsyAlmondStrawBeary

Again question, whos hold back to not train?

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User

I think what the game needs is a mini-update to all content. Balance, new rewards, if it's old content it doesn't matter if it's considered too easy or slightly unbalanced like the first boss in Valindra tower or the souls in T9 used to be (they were probably changed primarily because of REQ), players would happily farm old dungeons for new resources, seals and other stuff. Some of them are even fun. Not to mention some of the removed ones...

If it's literally worth running everything including your ToMM these issues would be much less severe in my opinion. The new content most of the time alone just isn't enough, simply because it's impossible to resonate with everyone.

I personally still play such content 1 or 2 hours like every other day or during weekends, even if I only lose AD due to rerolls for fun and to relax. But I can definitely see how that isn't enough for a lot of people. Trials are harder to organize unfortunately, this has always been an issue for people without a huge endgame guild, alliance or friends though.

• aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Usually devs job is mainly to create new content which makes the game more attractive to current, returning and new players. I like Sharandar. But the daily stuff for most players are old dungeons and trials, moreso if the most recent content isn't worth farming or has too high requirements for the majority of the playerbase. This isn't inherently bad as I said in my earlier post, but someone needs to look at the bigger picture. Useless stat rework probably took way too much development time. From my experience before new content, stat rework, removal of playable characters and make us all vanity pets who summon monsters from cards I think the whole package needs to be looked at. It's easier to build on a solid base.

So I assume your need to have "godly" toon is just so you mock other players.. ( I could use other wordings but due rules replaced them).

Or to help them to get through content. We pretty much everyone who wanted through IC and previous endgame dungeons, even if they were underprepared for it. In Tomm people were pulled from training run groups, since at least 2 or 3 DPS were "godly" enough this wasn't really a problem. Being god also means to give. It's always nice to have a successful run under your belt, even if their character wasn't quite punching above their weight yet. Good tanks and healers also had an easier time to turn the table or make up for a lack of DPS. Personally I had a paladin build that didn't sacrifice too much and had somewhat decent DPS, but with the current "build diversity" it's simply not viable anymore. Of course many also ran companions which were slightly overperforming, but that was still one "godly" tank or healer more to fill the REQ which usually popped around at least 10x faster for (single) DPS and up to 10x for a DPS plus healer or tank from my experience.

That's the other side of it.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I dont see a reason to spend any money these daus eigther, um play MUCH less than i used to play, i have 4 toons like to keep them near eachother and the changes made to companions killed my will to spend on them, ifvthere was some account wide pets pver purpke quality or good looking stuff like the wings (my last buy) i would buy it...
    To buy stuff to develop toons atm is too expensive, plys tomm and zariel that many like are boring as... For me putting Lomm as the last nice new stuff i played...
    My play tim dropped from 1 or 2 hpurs each day to 1or 2 a week...
    New dung could be fun but not incluned to put all my stuff in pets that will be nerfed later just for this dung in 1 toon...
    edited March 2021

Usually devs job is mainly to create new content which makes the game more attractive to current, returning and new players. I like Sharandar. But the daily stuff for most players are old dungeons and trials, moreso if the most recent content isn't worth farming or has too high requirements for the majority of the playerbase. This isn't inherently bad as I said in my earlier post, but someone needs to look at the bigger picture. Useless stat rework probably took way too much development time. From my experience before new content, stat rework, removal of playable characters and make us all vanity pets who summon monsters from cards I think the whole package needs to be looked at. It's easier to build on a solid base

You have mentioned very nice line.
    This isn't inherently bad as I said in my earlier post, but someone needs to look at the bigger picture.

Now read this line again. Cuz that apply to you too, and you are one who don't see bigger picture..
    New dungeon is not even 2 month old and you requesting new stuffs.

Have you forgot that devs not just develop new game content. They reworking whole game and also fixing glitches?

As for that majority players repalying old content.. My friend is this your first mmorpg game?
    Do you think new content come out through fast conveyor where its stamped?

In my previous played mmorpg games, devs where releasing x1 new dungeon every 1 year. You should start to appreciate that Cryptic staff added new dungeon while also reworking old content. Other companies when they reworking game, they simply rework old stuffs without adding new..

Other thing, game is not desing for end games, almost all mmorpg games up to day aim to average players.. Ones who yet not max out, and ones who yet not cleared all previous content..

I play this game long enough, I done all older content countless times.. But unlike you I also know that new content development require time. Also they can't throw anything. There are certain limitation due License agreement between cryptic studios and Wizards of the Coast(owner of D&D IP).

For moment look to whole situation from staff view point. Sharandar is seasonal expansion like previous Redeemed Citadel, so who knows what we may get with second expansion for sharandar. Maybe new skirmish, maybe one big area. Who knows. Be patient and show more respect toward staff..

Or to help them to get through content. We pretty much everyone who wanted through IC and previous
    endgame dungeons, even if they were underprepared for it. In Tomm people were pulled from training run groups, since at least 2 or 3 DPS were "godly" enough this wasn't really a problem. Being god also means to give. It's always nice to have a successful run under your belt, even if their character wasn't quite punching above their weight yet. Good tanks and healers also had an easier time to turn the table or make up for a lack of DPS. Personally I had a paladin build that didn't sacrifice too much and had somewhat decent DPS, but with the current "build diversity" it's simply not viable anymore. Of course many also ran companions which were slightly overperforming, but that was still one "godly" tank or healer more to fill the REQ which usually popped around at least 10x faster for (single) DPS and up to 10x for a DPS plus healer or tank from my experience.

That's the other side of it
    This is one of reasons why lot of players don't know how play action combat mmorp games.. They get used that someone comes with "Godly" toon and clear dungeon for them. There for they don't bother to learn mechanics or improve their own build and gameplay.
    And then when players get in dungeon on their own, then they all rage quit cuz no one know mechanics, no one even know how play game. All get used to get in dungeon > /follow_ group, and claim rewards.

And then you have forum full of complains that run with pugs is dissaster. It is in such way, cuz lot of players where tought to play in this way( follow top player who clear dungeon for group).

Combat changes brough Neverwinter to it's original combat version.. And this clearly show that most players lack combat experience. They all get used for easy mode gameplay. And when they get in harder situation they start panic and rage.

Got in pug group, after first fail in second boss fight,((IC), party start quiting. Or like via random dungeon q we got in CR and party quiting in very start.. Same about ToNG. Most players get used, either they OWNING dungeons. If they don't, then they ragequit.

As for that now we lack diversity.. thats is biggest lie.

With current combat I can play how I want. I want go close range? I can go, I want stay as long rage I can do that too.
    Current system gives more freedom in creativity than before.. Only ones who are clueless about it, would say that we lack diversity.. You can go as dps/heal hybrid what you could not do before..

Even tanks. YOu have no idea that with certain builds you can make paladin a good dps.. Not in ToMM or zariel. But in other content rather well dps..
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

OK. you are WAY OFF COURSE Hadestemplar...

1.) "INVEST" means I am buying something that will/should last... as in, Artifacts, mounts, companions, runestones, enchantments. BREAD is "consumed" my companions/mounts/enchants are NOT consumed. FACT.

2.) I play this game, unlike you, to actually get more Powerful. Isn't this why we "want" better gear, mounts, companions???
    To be a "God" is what a lot of us work towards, as some will tell you, it Benefits MY GUILD that I can help them complete ToMM/ZCM/LoMM etc. If no one had very powerful toons, completing a lot of content would not be possible. FACT.

3.) What is stopping me from having an ALt not be a "hard carry" through ToMM/ZCM/VOS is AD. it would take almost 50 Million AD to get my Hunter to the Level of my Warlock. YES I DID THE MATH... it would take that.

4.) I have NEVER just relied on pure power, nor could you for End Game content. You HAVE to know the mechanics or you will NOT succeed. Sure, I carry a lot of players through ToMM/ZCM because they are still learning the Mechanics, but... it you die alot, and have a group with LOW DPS, you will NEVER complete anything. you NEED Strong players.. FACT.

5.) it is obvious that you don't play any end game content. Have you tried to get a group of weak Healers and Tanks through ToMM or Zarial??? It cannot be done...Period. What is the sense of just getting them though P1 with no hope to get to P3 or P4??? I have DPS/Healers and Tanks that have seen P3 a few months ago, but now, we cannot get through P1 without most have 3 or 4 death stacks. FACT. Now, most of them do not want to waste their time just doing P1 over, and over, and over and over.

6.) Being able to quickly run some dungeons IS NEEDED to a lot of us as..... some of us have a "life" and cannot spend hours and hours and hours trying to just get one completion. We want to get into the game, gets some chest, AD, whatever, and then log off. I love this game, but it is NOT MY LIFE... I want to play, but am limited on time. If I played "your way" there would be no reason to play at all except to just run in circles in PE... oh boy, so much fun!!!!

edited March 2021

OK. you are WAY OFF COURSE Hadestemplar...

1.)
    "INVEST" means I am buying something that will/should last... as in, Artifacts, mounts, companions, runestones, enchantments. BREAD is "consumed" my companions/mounts/enchants are NOT consumed. FACT.

They should last, but do they?? I mean, with each new expansion previous items become less relevant.. And after few expansion it's become useless. More less their time expired, just like breads.

An if games would follow your logic, then all publishers and devs would had fill bankruptcy forms and close game in 2 years since they run them.

2.) I play this game, unlike you, to actually get more Powerful. Isn't this why we "want" better gear, mounts, companions???
    To be a "God" is what a lot of us work towards, as some will tell you, it Benefits MY GUILD that I can help them complete ToMM/ZCM/LoMM etc. If no one had very powerful toons, completing a lot of content would not be possible. FACT.

You want be strong, well fine do it.. I don;'t say don't try be strong.. But here is one thing whats set us apart mostly..

I am more about action combat mmorpg gameplay. Where game put more demand on player not on his gear.
    Thats why I don't need "Godly" toon.

While in your case, it's seems you need "godly" toon so you could not need know mechanics and could walk through game easly. Or as in TOMM/Zariel, you would carry someone or someone carry you throug it..

Thats mean in this both situations, you need godly toon so your presence as player would be required. Just like in previous combat system..

Prior combat changes, you took whatver class, whatver gear,, Just get augment companion, get bonding maxx.. Put whaver abilities/boons/encounters and thats all was required to be godly.

3.)
    What is stopping me from having an ALt not be a "hard carry" through ToMM/ZCM/VOS is AD. it would take almost 50 Million AD to get my Hunter to the Level of my Warlock. YES I DID THE MATH... it would take that.

New player come start play game, and he have also grind.. And new players actually have grind even more than we old players, cuz we already have advantage that we know mechanics, and even obtained lot of companions and mounts..

So for me your complain that Uhh I need grind so I would be strong and you don't like it.. Thats simply amusing..

This is also one of traditional view point of nwo community.. They don't want adapt to game, they want game adapt to them.

4.) I have NEVER just relied on pure power, nor could you for End Game content. You HAVE to know the mechanics or you will NOT succeed. Sure, I carry a lot of players through ToMM/ZCM because they are still learning the Mechanics, but... it you die alot, and have a group with LOW DPS, you will NEVER complete anything. you NEED Strong players.. FACT.

Prior combat changes,, you needed know mechanics in order clear tomm. This cut from stream clearly show it.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/TangibleAntsyAlmondStrawBeary

sadly this is only one I mange to record. Through time I have seem multiple times how much "knowledge" was required for such content.

5.)
    it is obvious that you don't play any end game content. Have you tried to get a group of weak Healers and Tanks through ToMM or Zarial??? It cannot be done...Period. What is the sense of just getting them though P1 with no hope to get to P3 or P4??? I have DPS/Healers and Tanks that have seen P3 a few months ago, but now, we cannot get through P1 without most have 3 or 4 death stacks. FACT. Now, most of them do not want to waste their time just doing P1 over, and over, and over and over.

Can I do zariel and TOmm. Yes..
    DO I do them? No.

Reason is that, I like action combat gameplay not gear benchmarking.

Have I done both of them. Yes ( preview server during their open testing).

Will I do them again?
    No, even if I would get paid I will not do them again, not my style to benchmark gear.

Only would do due specific reason, and that would be if both trials would be run on Hardcore mode. Till then I have no interest. If devs would add both trials in random trial q I would abandon in same moment I get there.

6.)
    Being able to quickly run some dungeons IS NEEDED to a lot of us as..... some of us have a "life" and cannot spend hours and hours and hours trying to just get one completion. We want to get into the game, gets some chest, AD, whatever, and then log off. I love this game, but it is NOT MY LIFE... I want to play, but am limited on time. If I played "your way" there would be no reason to play at all except to just run in circles in PE... oh boy, so much fun!!!!

I am casual player,, And this is one of main reasons why I still do played Neverwinter this long.. Simply I have not time for real mmorpg games, which require more either time, or be online in specific times.

If there was no combat changes we where still using previous one.. I woudl be out of game, just like multiple guilds.

There where even cases that I fall sleep during IC( End dungeon). Thats how boring it was.
    Not mentioned I know lot of players who left game cuz game was way too boring. They log in, do RTQ, REdQ, and then go play other mmorpg game.

I actually even revisited some of my previous games. I was looking to any other mmo which would be casual friendly. Some games I still do have in my laptop.. :) So for me Neverwinter is not only one game.. It's just one among many.

As for speed runs,, if you want rewards due speedruning.. Do Frozen Heart during event( dungeon delvers). Or Any low/mid tear dungeon in non event times.. Rewards are still RNG anyways.

Bottom line, you play game as how you like. Want gear benchmarking styled gameplay. Do it if you like it..
    You need "Goodly" toon to carry you.. Ok.

But in the end, remember, you are not center of the game, neither me. We are just part of the game.. And we all choose how we want to play this game..

p.s this is my opinion comments, so I have no interesting to comment on these matters anymore,, cuz I am not here to change your view poin..
    Gustave Le Bon.

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

I guess spend money to max mount bolster, then buy new comps and upgrade them for max bolster. Next buy some collars and or upgrade them to get your base hp and base damage back to last mod or prior for endgame content. That way you can run scaled content and take off collars, gear, enchants, etc to improve your stats...

If you don't care about new content or endgame trials, just slap any random gear and comps on and run scaled content. Doesn't matter what you have on as long as you have lower total il for the content.

I'm not spending one dime to fix something they broke, that didn't need fixing...

Especially when the rewards from the new campaign are beyond less than lackluster. I don't want transmutes, boon points don't really mean anything anymore as they don't give il, and the stats they give are pretty low. Aditionally the ad rewards should be claimable on all toons that make it there just like Undermountain, not turn into a lowly 5 gp, of which I have gobs of anyhow and nothing worthwhile to spend it on...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited March 2021

mongol69 said:

boon points don't really mean anything anymore as they don't give il, and the stats they give are pretty low
    You are terribly misguided here. Boons are the only thing in the game that under no circumstances brings a detrimental effect. Even if their effect is next to non-existent, they are by far the best universal thing you can have. Everything else once in a while hinders your performance.
    I do not NEED to be a "GOD" in Neverwinter, I "Want" to be a GOD. I love seeing my name in the Top of the Paingiver, and that is one of the reasons why I got a lot of invites to run ToMM's/ZCM's/TIC's etc. ( and the fact that I know the mechanics)

Now Hadestemplar, the point I am making is.... I once put money into this game, so that I could play multiple characters at a high level. I did NOT buy a level 70 and then put on all the BiS gear etc... I actually played them from level 1 and learned "HOW" to play them well. I get tired of playing just one character.... it is comparable to, IMO, eating the same thing every night for a year. Sooner or later you will get tired of it. Lots of us want to play different characters but yet, still do the content of our main, BUT..... it is just to costly now, both time and money wise.

Yes, prior to this update, all I had to do was throw on my R15 Bondings to the next toon I wanted to play and bam... I could run all the hard stuff but... I had acquired all the gear/weapons/enchants the hard way by grinding for them. THAT made me want to play AND spend money on this game.

Imagine if a Steak restaurant did this same business move as Cryptic.... No matter what size you ordered your steak ( 6oz/8oz/12oz/18oz) they always gave you the 6oz at the 18oz price. Why the heck would you bother spending money at that place when the restaurant next door has the same food for cheaper???

This is my only complaint... no matter how much time or money I put into this game, I will always have a mediocre Toon, and what is so wrong with having a "Epic-Godlike" Toon????? Why is it you and Cryptic sees that as a bad thing?? Not to mention the scaling argument.

Choices is what makes life and gaming awesome. The more choices, the better. Right now, unless you are rich, or, have no life and can play all day long every day, you are "restricted" to playing ONE character only at a decently high level. Just saying.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @highlyunstable I play all classes and similarly to you, I get bored with just one class.

My 3 'mains' are between 41-45k and the other 6 are between 28-33k. It is very time consuming gearing up more than one and always feels like a 'work-in-progress'. At times I've had to spend a few weeks focusing resources on just one character to boost it past some 'plateau' so it can run specific content - but then I feel bored with it as I've spent so much extra time on it xD
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox