test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Redeemed Citadel, weekly challenges are gone

With today's maintenance the weekly challenges part of the Redeemed Citadel campaign has disappeared.
Since this has not been mentioned in the patch notes at all I'm gonna assume this is a bug until further notice.
If this is intended, then as a buyer of the blessing allowing me to advance the campaign on alts when I choose, this makes it a lot harder.
So in that case please rethink this decision.
Kevfire
Guild Leader
Neverwinter SOLO Alliance

Comments

• highlanderx#4012 highlanderx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Not a bug. It was stated way back when RC first started that the weekly quests, along the limited favor purchased items like AD, wards,etc would be gone once the event was finished. That said they are eventually up drop rate of hunt lures, to chult levels. Once that happens doing hunts for favor will be much faster then relying on weeklies.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    when we bought the forger`s blessing it did not say, that our capability to actually earn favors would be nerfed at some points. Taking weekly challenges away severely nerfs our capabilities. I do not see any good reason for it, intended or not. In fact, it said you could earn favors indefinitely, and that - of course - means it must be possible in practice - at least at the same rate as when the milestone was open.

Whether you can buy everything that was active when the event was running, is a different question. It does not have anything to do with gaining favor. In fact, we bought the favors blessing in order to progress in the event after it was finished and to earn the rewards in the campaign window.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Got some news from my alliance on this. The weeklies are actually still active, people have gotten 600 favors extra from doing 10 hunts and from doing LoMM.
    So them not being shown in the campaign IS clearly a bug.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Got some news from my alliance on this. The weeklies are actually still active, people have gotten 600 favors extra from doing 10 hunts and from doing LoMM.

Or you just tipped them off to unintended behavior of the game XD But now that you mention it, I've seen a 600 favor reward, just didn't know what caused it!

Honestly I expected the milestone window to go dark when it ended other than personal progress and rewards claiming. I have the reforgers blessing and can still earn favor at a crazy rate, since the fix I've taken 2 toons from 0-28k for rewards in just a few days. 2 to go and I'm done!
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

I think this bug could go either way...more towards still getting favors for the weeklies when we shouldn't be. I bought the reforger's pack too and understood it was to finish all tiers at my own pace to get the rewards...which we can still do without the weeklies. I was actually expecting the weeklies and extra items to go away sooner. They had a lot on their plate though...considering the delay releasing the new sharandar, the combat changes and the ending of the citadel campaign all happening so close in the timeline.