test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.125.20210219a.4

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11484843

Comments

• korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    No cauldron fix?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Nice batch of fixes, thank you.

I wonder why the new artifact set is not priorized, it gives too low combined ratting and would be nice if it gives some CON because the bonus is for tanks. We need the new shinny things working!

Edit: Seems that the combined ratting is fixed. Thank you. Still would like to be more tank friendly in stats
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Warlock: Infernal Spheres now properly shows a cooldown when placed in the power tray
    @nitocris83
    So, warlocks now have a cooldown counter on a still broken encounter. Its been broken in every mod and reported multiple times. It breaks when you shadow slip, it breaks when a mob dies as you use it, it breaks when your spamming encounters, etc. The only fix is to change the encounter mid combat, wait 10 seconds, swap it back and wait another 10 seconds to have it break yet again....

How about just replacing it outright with something that actualy works. Its as useless as cw shard of endless avalanch, but that encounter actually was wai and they at least decided to finally put that out to pasture.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2XHIT8qg4
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • enriksenriks Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    "The damage dealt by the Mirage weapon set has been significantly reduced. This will be increased again in a later patch"

That means another reduce on damage dealt or an increase damage (buf) later?
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing the Reforged pack issue in IC.
  • karistianakaristiana Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    What about the butterfly swarm mounts that have disappeared out of the zen store? I purchased the blue, and I reclaimed it on most of my characters, but apparently I missed at least one and it's not available to reclaim anymore.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    No words on the new *account-bound* mythic/legendary mount from the new lockbox, where the mount power and the stats do not work for alts. I think there should at least be a section: remaining issues, e.g. issues the team is aware of and is still working on a fix. Or will this be fixed, but did not find its way into the patch notes?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

No words on the new *account-bound* mythic/legendary mount from the new lockbox, where the mount power and the stats do not work for alts. I think there should at least be a section: remaining issues, e.g. issues the team is aware of and is still working on a fix. Or will this be fixed, but did not find its way into the patch notes?

i have tested other mounts and i can claim them.
  • diegofblima#9217 diegofblima Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @nitocris83 will you guys fix the Expedition Pack of Good Intentions and the Expedition Pack of Twisted Shadows? I bought then in January and i cant claim the Boots of Misty Steps and Shadow Drake, also the Hellhound and Skyblazer from on my characters, even though i saw on forums the message saying that all companions/mounts bought in Zen Shop would be reclaimable on all characters of the account.
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I didn't see a mention of the Mythic Cauldron being fixed so all characters on an account properly claim and use it. Since it does not appear in the stable list, one cannot add it to bolster %. The powers are there and available, but no Bolster.

i have tested other mounts and i can claim them.
    You can "claim" them on your alts, that is not the problem.
    But "claiming" the mount, and getting the benefits of the "claim", are two different things

The problem is, that for alts, e.g. all characters except the first, you:
    - do not get the mount power (it is missing in the list of mount powers)
    - do not get the mount stat increase (it is missing the list)
    - do not get the 10% bolster contribution
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Wow! This is quite a patch.
    edited March 2021

I didn't see a mention of the Mythic Cauldron being fixed so all characters on an account properly claim and use it. Since it does not appear in the stable list, one cannot add it to bolster %. The powers are there and available, but no Bolster.

For my alts nothing is there. I claimed the mount of every alt, but:
    - the new mount only shows up for my main (the first to claim the old hag), but does not show up for any of my alts
    - the mount power only shows up for my main, it does not show up for any of my alts
    - the mount stat selection only shows up for my main, it does not show up for any of my alts
    - the mounts 10% bolster contribution is only applied to my main, it is not applied to any of my alts

EDIT: Update, after the fix went live. I now was able to reclaim the new mythic mount (Hag's Cauldron) on at least one of my alts (didn't test all alts yet) and the mount power, stat contribution and bolster has now been correctly applied. So it seems there is a fix, it requires active intervention by the players though in my case; need to reclaim the whole thing once again from the reclaim agent.
    Post edited by motu999#9953 on
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    It looks like that problems have people who bought/got that mount in a few first days after release od new lockboxes.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Enchantments and Enhancements

Butterfly Bilethorn Weapon Enhancement: Item Level and Damage has been corrected to match the original Bilethorn.

------

Was it doing more or less damage previously? Just curious if anyone knows, thanks!
    va8Ru.gif
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @kolatmaster said:
    > Enchantments and Enhancements
    >
    > Butterfly Bilethorn Weapon Enhancement: Item Level and Damage has been corrected to match the original Bilethorn.
    >
    > ------
    >
    > Was it doing more or less damage previously? Just curious if anyone knows, thanks!

Way less
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Way less

So this would be a Buff, to what it should be, correct? Just clarifying! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • velourianvelourian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    I did not see anything about the weekly Citadel quests to help with progressions through the milestone for those who have not finished them on all their characters.
    Yesterday, I could not progress even after the weekly quests.
    Today, progression is back, but the weekly quests are gone. I hope they are bringing them back.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    It would be a really shame if they took out weekly Citadell dungeon quests.
    It was a good way to farm blessed weapons, divine armor.
    And we were having fun doing HC dungeons. :)
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Way less

So this would be a Buff, to what it should be, correct? Just clarifying! :)
    A buff to the same value it was supposed to have is a fix
    - bye bye -
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, looks like i can claim my companions again, and the cauldron seems to be working too, thank you.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bresaadybresaady Member Posts: 14 Arc User

@nitocris83 will you guys fix the Expedition Pack of Good Intentions and the Expedition Pack of Twisted Shadows? I bought then in January and i cant claim the Boots of Misty Steps and Shadow Drake, also the Hellhound and Skyblazer from on my characters, even though i saw on forums the message saying that all companions/mounts bought in Zen Shop would be reclaimable on all characters of the account.

From Patch notes: Zen Market

Expedition Pack of Fairy Finds: Players who purchased this pack can now claim the Eladrin from the Zen Store on any character on the account.
    Players who purchased Soradiel can now reclaim this companion in the Zen Market.

When you purchase one of the 10000 zen packs it states that you receive specific items at the time of purchase and when the module it is associated with goes live you will receive a pack that gives you items to help start said module. There is nothing to indicate these items (or any of the included items) are account wide or claimable on all characters on account.
    Any race unlock pack or even the Defender of Neverwinter clearly states that the mount, companion, and various items are available to your account, claimable on all characters, and then there is a pack that is basically a 1 time use. All account items in the packs are moved to the RCA upon purchase for all characters on the account to reclaim the items available to them.

WHY is it that people who purchased the Fairy Finds pack allowed to reclaim a NON-account wide companion when people who purchased the Pack of Good Intentions or the Expedition Pack of Twisted Shadows are not allowed to reclaim the companion at a minimum?
    It's a lot of cash that is being spent on items that will assist the player with the module and future content and cannot be used on the entire account. It has been implemented that any mount or companion purchase is account wide, instead of a zen store reclaim with the packs these items were moved to the RCA. If these 3 very expensive packs were intended to be account wide then why were the companion/mount items not moved to the RCA? This is very much a lack of consistency.

• jurian#2779 jurian Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, looks like i can claim my companions again, and the cauldron seems to be working too, thank you.

I could finally equip the mythic cauldron on my alts, too, so it seems to be fixed. I wonder why they didn't mention that in the patch notes.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    "The damage dealt by the Mirage weapon set has been significantly reduced."

I thought that the whole point in the Mirage set being powerful was to provide the player a meaningful reward for completing the INSANE grind you created in order to get the Mirage set. If anything, by nerfing the Mirage set for a second time, you literally just spat in the players' faces for a second time!

I can't help but ask: "What is wrong with you people?"
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    bresaady said:

From Patch notes: Zen Market

Expedition Pack of Fairy Finds: Players who purchased this pack can now claim the Eladrin from the Zen Store on any character on the account.
    Players who purchased Soradiel can now reclaim this companion in the Zen Market.

When you purchase one of the 10000 zen packs it states that you receive specific items at the time of purchase and when the module it is associated with goes live you will receive a pack that gives you items to help start said module. There is nothing to indicate these items (or any of the included items) are account wide or claimable on all characters on account.
    Any race unlock pack or even the Defender of Neverwinter clearly states that the mount, companion, and various items are available to your account, claimable on all characters, and then there is a pack that is basically a 1 time use. All account items in the packs are moved to the RCA upon purchase for all characters on the account to reclaim the items available to them.

WHY is it that people who purchased the Fairy Finds pack allowed to reclaim a NON-account wide companion when people who purchased the Pack of Good Intentions or the Expedition Pack of Twisted Shadows are not allowed to reclaim the companion at a minimum?
    It's a lot of cash that is being spent on items that will assist the player with the module and future content and cannot be used on the entire account. It has been implemented that any mount or companion purchase is account wide, instead of a zen store reclaim with the packs these items were moved to the RCA. If these 3 very expensive packs were intended to be account wide then why were the companion/mount items not moved to the RCA? This is very much a lack of consistency.

Yup this.
    Also didn't quite get the logic here. I queried whether the comp in the new pack was account wide after hearing differing reports, I assumed it would be as the previous packs, one time only and sure enough, it was, one time only. So with the recent change to make this account wide, despite not being account wide can we see the previously mentioned packs get this change and if not, can you clarify the reasoning behind the change on this particular pack (outside of pushing sales)?