test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simril - Starlight Bags Rewards Need Fixing

hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
edited December 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Starlight Bags are the ones that drop during gift exchanges. Contents are bound to character. I opened 5 in a row and got this.

That seems a little over the top for bad RNG.

1. Make rewards account-bound or unbound. OR

2. Ensure that there are NO duplicate rewards for companions or mounts - including any that the player already owns (which also happened to me on another character today).

Thank you.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Bags are bound. Parcels are not.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    It has been like this for years. People complain every year. I doubt they are going to change it. At least, not this year. That's why most people consider the bag drops are mostly junk. What people care is parcel drops.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jabrun69#4364 jabrun69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Change the "bells of empowerment" from parcels to account bound, not character bound, i have 3-4 on characters i only use for storage, would be far more useful to use on characters i use regularly and doesn't already have a bell because there so expensive!!!! to buy!!!! from players!!!!, i pay for parcels from zen!!! market!!! the bells should atleast be account bound. Thats my only fault!!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Got another bound Bell of Emp. today, on a character that already has one. Also got a BTC Frozen Demon Sled (from a Parcel) on another character, who at least didn't already have one. I reported the binding status of the Frozen Demon Sleds last year but of course nothing has changed. I'm sure the postponed 'Refresh' the devs have in mind is going to be a major rework when what players would prefer would be some simple QoL fixes like the binding statuses. Make bag items BTA and make fix the stray BTC items from parcels.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Id like it if the "Highly Sought After Rewards" from the bags werent: 500 rp Sapphires, or Wretched Gear...literal vendor trash...

If at 20+ the drops arent at least a green companion or mount its garbage
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    C'mon, we buy parcels from the zen market and the Bell of Empowerment is still bound to character....please fix this !
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Does chance of 10x Preservation Wards actually drop after unlocking advanced rewards? Unless you need a Bell of Empowerment for your character... then Pres Wards are probably the top reward.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Id like it if the "Highly Sought After Rewards" from the bags werent: 500 rp Sapphires, or Wretched Gear...literal vendor trash...

If you read the parcel text closely, you will see that the Highly Sought Rewards are *added* to the pool of possible outcomes. So you can still get items from the lower tiers, and the probability of getting a good item is not that high when you also can draw the junk from the lower tiers.
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

If you read the parcel text closely, you will see that the Highly Sought Rewards are *added* to the pool of possible outcomes. So you can still get items from the lower tiers, and the probability of getting a good item is not that high when you also can draw the junk from the lower tiers.
    Oh, I understand that...but the truth is at that point vendor trash should be removed entirely
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Well...these points are all irrelevant regardless as we all know they will not fix jack....
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2021

1. Make rewards account-bound or unbound.

I don't think unbound is an option for loot in the bags.

Parcels alone allowed me this year to get my hand on something like 80-90 unbound comps and 80-90 unbound mounts (42 toons * ~20 parcels each = 840 openings), too many unbound preservation wards, unbound scrolls of life, unbound sublimation chests to care about counting anymore, + one unbound hammer of Gond.

Bags, I'm usually between 500-1000 opened every winter event (so are the 4 players who get included in my final 6h-long gift-fest party) on the toon I have decided to focus for the year.
    It would probably double the quantity of unbound comps/mounts/wards/scrolls i would get.
    And I would definitely capitalize even more on that on the AH (so would be the other people with a big alt-army) waiting the price to rise up again (or provoking that sooner by buying out the stocks myself if it's something interesting/valuable/desirable in the forseeable future).

BtA makes more sense for bags.
    Probably nice for a "first-timer" in the winter fest with only few recent toons.
    Not really any better (but also not worse ^^) for older players like me who have all the possible mounts/comps/hammer of gond on all their relevant toons.

3. Ensure that there are NO duplicate rewards for companions or mounts - including any that the player already owns (which also happened to me on another character today).

Would be great.
    Question : if, from the bags (not the parcels), you can't get something you already own, should it enhance the %chances to get the things you don't own ? the %chances to get the consommables (wards, scrolls, respec) ? Or should you just get a saphir instead without any change on the other %chances ?
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Agreed that BtA is a much better policy for Simril gift bags - it is supposed to be a reward after, all, not junk.

Not getting duplicates would be nice but that's a ton of inventory checking to be doing. It's mostly only an issue with mounts or companions that you already have. My preferred solution would be that if you already have a given mount or companion, then "equipping" a duplicate would add a couple upgrade tokens to your existing one.

White - 1 token
    Green - 2 token
    Blue - 4 token
    Purple - 8 token

Something like that, so you're not completely beat by getting a dupe, but it's not enough to upset the token market. It might be best to limit this to BtA/BtC items given that it would significantly affect the auction house for low end mounts/companions (which could be a good or bad thing, depending).
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    This is not as trivial as it seems, The stuff should be varied or the event value is diminished.

It seem not to be that hard to fix.

Urlord
  • ozzarb#4746 ozzarb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i open bag and i find The Lllira's Bell of Empowerment but was bound
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Items from Starlight Bags (the dropped bags) are bound. Items from Starlight Parcels (the Zen Market parcels) are unbound.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @tribbulater said:
    > Items from Starlight Bags (the dropped bags) are bound. Items from Starlight Parcels (the Zen Market parcels) are unbound.
    Yes , except the bell of empowerment is bound to character in both bag and parcel
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Also the Frozen Demon Sled from parcels became character bound starting last year. The Respec Tokens and Weapon Transmutes are BTA from parcels, though I can see reasons for those.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Parcels alone allowed me this year to get my hand on something like 80-90 unbound comps and 80-90 unbound mounts (42 toons * ~20 parcels each = 840 openings), too many unbound preservation wards, unbound scrolls of life, unbound sublimation chests to care about counting anymore, + one unbound hammer of Gond.

Bags, I'm usually between 500-1000 opened every winter event (so are the 4 players who get included in my final 6h-long gift-fest party) on the toon I have decided to focus for the year.
    It would probably double the quantity of unbound comps/mounts/wards/scrolls i would get.
    And I would definitely capitalize even more on that on the AH (so would be the other people with a big alt-army) waiting the price to rise up again (or provoking that sooner by buying out the stocks myself if it's something interesting/valuable/desirable in the forseeable future).

Probably nice for a "first-timer" in the winter fest with only few recent toons.
    Not really any better (but also not worse ^^) for older players like me who have all the possible mounts/comps/hammer of gond on all their relevant toons.

3. Ensure that there are NO duplicate rewards for companions or mounts - including any that the player already owns (which also happened to me on another character today).

Would be great.
    Question : if, from the bags (not the parcels), you can't get something you already own, should it enhance the %chances to get the things you don't own ? the %chances to get the consommables (wards, scrolls, respec) ? Or should you just get a saphir instead without any change on the other %chances ?
    To be fair you are probably opening way more bags and parcels than most players.

I actually went in this year with three toons and actually had a proper go at this event for the first time in years.

I opened maybe 200 bags/parcels combined! You opened 840 parcels :)

You deserve to get a load of unbound stuff amigo
  • mre#9247 mre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    more then 2 months passed and we still dont have any news or reply from a developer... i've found some items from the starlight parcel that are bound to character even if they shuoldn't be, as u can see from this screen

at least let us know something.. maybe you can change the bind of these items from bound to character to bound to account, so we can move and use these items on an other character since they weren't supposed to be bound to character.
    still waiting for an update after 2+ months and 3 tickets written to the CS that always say that they've reported the issue to the appropriate department...
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, we've been asking them to change those more or less "bugged" rewards for years now, but with looking at how it's going overall around NWO, i doubt that is going to change this year either - not being pessimistic, just realistic.

And as mentioned many times before, it would also be nice to let us simply exchange Gifts of Simril at a NPC for some lootboxex that we can open directly and get the same reward as from the gifting circus - that would bring a swift end to all the scamming around this event. Anyone that still wants to do the gifting song and dance can still do it, but everyone else will at least have a real option for avoiding it too.

Anyway, would be nice to be proven wrong here, and the Devs actually improving the event before it returns, but i'm not going to hold my breath on it...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

Would be great.
    To be fair you are probably opening way more bags and parcels than most players.

I actually went in this year with three toons and actually had a proper go at this event for the first time in years.

I opened maybe 200 bags/parcels combined! You opened 840 parcels :)

You deserve to get a load of unbound stuff amigo

This year across 25toons I opened 999 Bags and 590Parcels. I got a rather nice supply of unbound mounts / companions / etc from the parcels. But my biggest complaint was this year I received 1 BtC Forgehammer (bag). Last year with 11 toons I received 3 unbound ones from the parcels. I was hoping for at least 1 I could use on an alt but nope. but alas. the event needs an overhaul.. or updating the loot tables. or as everyone has already said. Everything that drops from a Bag needs to be BtA. Everything from a parcel Unbound.