test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto-Knock off Mount

deshgirldeshgirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I made a new character (Warlock) and got a mount. I attached the mount and when I try to ride (auto keybind 7) the mount appears and I immediately get knocked off. I tried to use the mount again. Same result.

I moved locations. Used mount. Auto-knocked off.

Asked in Zone chat. Changed Keybindings to several different things. Auto-knock off.

All my old characters have their mounts working perfectly.

Tried to buy a new mount and use the new mount. Still get auto-knocked off.

All my characters (made 2017) can use their mounts, like normal, except my new warlock (made 2021).

Made a whole new account- new character can use mount no problem. Going to buy new character slots and try out mounts.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    What your mount speed set to? It needs to be either Gallop or Trot. If is not set at all, you would see the behaviour you described.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Did you create a healing soulweaver warlock? There is a well known bug where lifespark disables our mounts when it auto heals. It doesn't knock us down, but it's the equivalent of dismounting. It is very annoying and we have been dealing with it for at least 2-3 months.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

What your mount speed set to? It needs to be either Gallop or Trot. If is not set at all, you would see the behaviour you described.

@deshgirl Reiterating what Plasticbat mentioned - you need a speed set.
  • deshgirldeshgirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The minute I got the mount it auto-knocked me off. I havent touched any of the settings for speed or anything. I have tried to use 'default' settings as support asked. I'll try to mess with the speed settings (gallop/trot) though I have no idea where those are and have never touched them before. As stated before, all old and newer characters have no issues.. only this one character. I even made a new 'Lock and she is fine.
  • deshgirldeshgirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Aaaand... as of last night, I still got the glitch. I just logged in and tested and it seems fine. No idea what happened as I haven't touched any settings... mayhaps making the new 'Lock helped? No idea... but thanks again folks!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @deshgirl! Here's a screenshot of the mount speed location. It's in in the Mounts tab when you open up your character sheet.