test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

game problems after the patch earlier this year

Hi everyone, i'm new and i've been playing neverwinter for about 3 months. At first he had no problem, the game was challenging and complex but easily playable. I had even made it to level 49 with my tank warrior. However, after a patch at the beginning of the year, the problems occurred. My PC struggles to beat even simple monsters. What causes the problem? I have read that there has been a leveling related to the DPS classes. But what should I do with my character? Do I have to start over?

Comments

• kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    First and foremost, do not spend any money. Second, wait a while until the devs figure out a way to fix this game, because right now it's broken.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User

Hi everyone, i'm new and i've been playing neverwinter for about 3 months. At first he had no problem, the game was challenging and complex but easily playable. I had even made it to level 49 with my tank warrior. However, after a patch at the beginning of the year, the problems occurred. My PC struggles to beat even simple monsters. What causes the problem? I have read that there has been a leveling related to the DPS classes. But what should I do with my character? Do I have to start over?

I believe most of us are going thourgh the same problem right now. The whole idea behind this patch was great in my opinion, but there's a lot to fix, like kungskabb said.

For new players I think it's even harder, cause playing for years me and some friends already had some resources to help adaptation, but that's not the reality of the majority of players. Some of my alts became literally trash and can't barely do epic dungeons without a lot of suffering.

However, besides waiting for them to fix things, there are some things you can do. What I see most players struggling with is adjusting stats. If you understand which of them are important to your class and playstyle and change some equipment to match that pattern, things will get a little easier. If you can tell us what class you play and what are your ratings %, maybe we can help.
  • fabrizio#8949 fabrizio Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi guys, first of all thanks for your patience and support.
    So changing my stats depends solely on weapons, armor, artifacts, mounts, and companions?
    My character is human, TANK warrior.
    The statistics are many; I start giving you some: DPS: 779, max hit points: 103887, total item level: 7788, power 2089 (45.6%).
    Tell me if you need anything else or other specific information.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Right now all the levelling process is harder than it should be. And theres not much to do about it cause you'll be able to adjust yout toon properly after you reach level 80 and unlock Master Expeditions (finishing Undermountain campaign, access with level 70+), start Vallenhas map (Descent into Avernus campaign) and farm some better gear.

With 7,7k ILV I believe you're not there yet. So about what you can do now is try to raise your item level as you can. When the equips you get from quests are not enough, you can buy some pieces from Bounty Masters. Those vendors are usually at the start of maps, and sell gear for a special currency that drops from mobs on that maps.

Companions and mounts make a big difference, but they're quite expensive for beginners. Energon might be a good option, since it's an epic companion, very cheap compared to others, and help you use your daily powers more frequently.

If I remember well, companion gear have no level requirement. So you might look at the auction house for some pieces with ILV 900+. They're not expensive and might give you a good boost, since ILV raises your dmg and HP.

Balancing stats right now would be a waste of time, cause you'll change your gear basically every new map. Starting Undermountain at level 70 gives you a full set of items with enchantments, all for free, before you even start your questing. So as soon as you get level 70, go there. When you have to choose between different pieces of gear, right now you benefit more from these stats:

Offensive: power and CA, than crit strike and severity (whatever is lower between those two), than accuracy (less effective).
    Deffensive: Awareness and defense, than deflect and deflect severity (whatever is lower), and crit avoidance.

But no need to suffer if your values are a bit messy, cause it's very normal until you're around 20k+, where you start to get some pieces you'll use for a long time and can balance it better. By then, I strongly recomend you look for info on your class, from people who play with it for a long time. You can ask guildies, look for some yt channels, etc. As every class has singular mechanics, not eberything works for all of them.

Basically, reaching level 80, best places to get good gear just farming:

- Master Expeditions: companion gear
    - Vallenhas (BHE farm, weekly quests and insurgences for Chaotic Writings): Juma Bags give you good armor pieces (head, arms, boots and chest), with a chance on companions and mounts too. They're all bound to account, but they're free.
    - Seals of the fallen or the new green seals (forgot the name) that you can get from random dungeons, trials and skirmishes. Most equips are not good, but for shirt and pants there are good options.
    - Avernus hunts: Once you have better gear and can handle hunt farming in Avernus, there are some of the best pieces of equip there. But it's grindy.

Also, don't hesitate to ask for help. If you're not in a guild, you might want to join one. If you don't want to, you can always use zone chat and look for people doing the same quests, so at least for final quests that have stronger bosses you'll have an easier time.

When you're able to to epic dungeons and trials, be sure to make your daily randoms to farm AD. At first you won't make that much, but it becomes easier to reach the 100k daily limit with time. It's your main resource to get good companions, mounts, artifact sets, and enchants/runestones/insignias. For those three, use whatever you get from chests. You'll change them in the future to fine adjust stats only.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Yes, in a nutshell, Cryptic changed the builds in module 16 and players threw a fit. Now almost 2 years later and they did it again. They keep tweaking the game mechanics. No matter what - you just have to get use to the new system, because it won't go away. If the game is still running in 2024, it will be entirely different than what it is now.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    you have 2 loadouts on your hero - top left corner of the character window. choose the dps for your 2nd loadout and see if its gonna get better :)

in anyway... game is not fun right now - come check in a month or 2 if they manage to make it fun :D not high hopes tho...