test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Due to New Sharandar, Strongholds are now exclusive content

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
If you want to start a new one from scratch and actually level it up, you'd better have members at 40k Item level (after the initial two week grace period) to enter the new mod if you want those fey trinkets for construction purposes. Even then, the current trade in value is shockingly bad.

Interesting way to change content from 2015 to exclude new players, Cryptic.

Please tell us if that is something you are looking at rectifying or if indeed Strongholds are simply next on the chopping block.
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    That's were recruiting members and alliances comes into play.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    greywynd said:

This is true! It will be extra challenging to get item level 40k+ character to join a level 1 / no boon stronghold (I can think of maybe only one person who would do that) so that leaves their only way up to be hooking into a big alliance somehow. Not impossible. Just very tough. :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
    We have a guild in our alliance running a raffle for various things, some pretty nice things, to entice others in the alliance to donate to their stronghold.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Not the point.

Right now it's taking 50 quests to gather 1000 Fey Trinkets. I saved resources from last mod which I could have used to make vouchers and donate. It would value around 13-15k Fey Trinkets. After exchangint it to the new currency, it was worth less than 2k Fey Trinkets.

The system is COMPLETELY messed up. Whether they replace Sharandar for Vallenhas at the coffer like they did to Sybella's weeklies, or they have to completely redo their math. Cause there's no point in having to complete 50 quests do get 1000 Fey Trinkets. No point. At all.

Specially after combat rework (which I like), farming for guild bacame even more time consuming. Some of use used to do it with alts that became way weaker without the bonding runestones. The time we invest to build a guild right now only grows. I've worked on a guild from GH from 13 to 20 in the past. Right now I work depeveloping a guild from scratch, currently at GH8.

It's harder. More time consuming. And as time goes by, those content become more and more outdated (so no rewards) and take more time.

They need to fix it quick, cause they're slowly killing guild farming.
    There are 3 gates in New Sharandar, same as in the old Sharandar. 2 of those gates are not yet open. Old Sharandar had a different currency from each gate. How do you know New Sharandar isn't the same?
    I don't. But Stronghold progression shouldn't be suspended or compromised until that, if that happens.

Also, again, that content is designed for 40k ILV players. And is still doesn't compensate for the resources we lost with conversion.
  • I'd like to suggest adding a fey trinket to stronghold vouchers. I can't remember what campaign it was that allows vouchers, but a simple fix would be to add them there. Of course the value would need to be much higher, instead of the current "100". Even increasing the fey drops in stronghold battle would help. Something, anything?

I don't. But Stronghold progression shouldn't be suspended or compromised until that, if that happens.

Also, again, that content is designed for 40k ILV players. And is still doesn't compensate for the resources we lost with conversion.

Stronghold progression wasn't suspended before, but then most had all 3 gates unlocked prior to Strongholds.

They owe us no compensation.

I'd like to suggest adding a fey trinket to stronghold vouchers. I can't remember what campaign it was that allows vouchers, but a simple fix would be to add them there. Of course the value would need to be much higher, instead of the current "100". Even increasing the fey drops in stronghold battle would help. Something, anything?

Old Sharandar, Icewind Dale, and Dread Ring all have (had) a campaign option for making a voucher.
    If you think it's ok that 15k fey trinkets became less than 2k, there's nothing left to say here. I think it's very clear already that this system needs fixing. They insinuated Vallenhas would replace Sharandar ant that would be great. If next patches bring new options for gathering and donations that don't take us 50 quests a day, that will also be ok. Right now it's messed up.
    I never said it was ok. I never insinuated it. So, please, stop trying to decide what I'm thinking.

All I said was that they owe us no compensation. We're all in the same sinking boat.
    Good news. Last patch multiplied by 5x the fey trikets we get from new currency.

I guess that brings the effort closer do menageable. I still don't think it's good to depend on resources we only get from the lasta campaign, which many new players won't be able to access, but it's much better.

50 quests for 1k trinkets was crazy. They didn't say anything about that on patch notes, so I thought you might like to know!
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It was suggested elsewhere that they make all campaign currency donatable. Enabling a conversion into a single currency for building.

This would future-proof strongholds and make donating easier so players can run any area instead of the same old four.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox