test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Female character wearing a shirt instead of the bandeau/bikini top

honeycat77honeycat77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
One of my characters wears a long sleeved rough looking yellow shirt instead of the bra type top when she doesn't have a Tunic in the slot. On some of the fashion items, it shows through, like the Cult of the Dragon Tunic, but others, it doesn't, like the Feywild Tunic. I've contacted support in regards to this. In the meantime, has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did it get resolved?

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Can you provide screenshots so we get a better idea of what you are talking about?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Guessing your character existed prior to mod 4 and recently did an appearance change?

If so, it is a long time bug caused by attempting to mix the 4th edition era base character model with the current 5th edition setup. To cirrext this, you need to change appearance again and this time start from one of the Presets on the first tab. You can then modify it to your heart's desire.

I suggest taking screen shots of the sliders and settings from the Tower of Alteration so that you can replicate your character's look, within the bounds of the newer skins.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tamardltamardl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have this issue and it remains persistent. I can't recall if I submitted a ticket about it or not, but it appeared randomly when I started playing the game again and only effects my main too. It does not happen with all cosmetic tops, but with most of them along with pretty much all armor pieces I have tried. To me it looks like a burlap sack shirt. The only way around it that I have found is to use some form of shirt or tattoo. I would LOVE to see this fixed, so I will follow this thread to see what happens!

And here is a screenie of my toon with the bugged top:

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    @tamardl That is the exact bug I mentioned in the post above yours.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tamardltamardl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I took long enough typing my post and finding the screenshot that I had not seen your post, typical lol.

I don't recall doing an appearance change, but it is certainly not going to hurt me to see if your fix does the trick! It would also explain the "double-chin" appearance I have noticed when the shirt is present... the game just cannot reconcile the models properly.
  • honeycat77honeycat77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    tamardl said:

I have this issue and it remains persistent. I can't recall if I submitted a ticket about it or not, but it appeared randomly when I started playing the game again and only effects my main too. It does not happen with all cosmetic tops, but with most of them along with pretty much all armor pieces I have tried. To me it looks like a burlap sack shirt. The only way around it that I have found is to use some form of shirt or tattoo. I would LOVE to see this fixed, so I will follow this thread to see what happens!

And here is a screenie of my toon with the bugged top:

That's it exactly! And yes, she did the appearance change. I did submit a ticket, so hopefully it'll get changed.