test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vorpal or Bilethorn for DPS Fighter?

fsf4livefsf4live Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Hey there.

Has somebody testet which weapon enchantment is BiS for the DPS Fighter? Every enchantment should deal about 6% of the total damage. So Vorpal should be about 6% of our damage. Now I watched at BABY ZARIELs stream, that Bilethorn deals about 9% of Hunter Rangers damage. Fighter is very slow, so I think it should deal about 8% of our damage. So it would be just 2% more than Vorpal. But Vorpal increases CirtChance and CritSev (which I don't have capped, because I don't have the Ribcage). So they should be very equal in theory. I play on console, that's why I can't test that with ACT. And just comparing the damage at the end of ToMM is not a reliable test, because there are many influences (chicken, ice, deaths, ...).

Thanks for answers.
Tagged:

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Bilethorn is finicky. On many builds for many classes it is awful. I only recommend Bilethorn for builds that use a LOT of fast at-will spamming... which will be BiS for those builds only. Vorpal is decent if your crit and crit severity are hitting between 80% and 85% in combat, but really only shines if you are triggering more 10% damage effects due to equipping it. Lightning is decent overall, but poor in single target. For a general weapon enchantment, that will be decent across all builds and classes, consider Flaming Enchantment or Dread Enchantment.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I don't do ACT tests but I assure you that currently Bilethorn serves for any DPS class, even those with slow at-will and that it is above the other enchants.

Vorpal has become an enchant for healer's, as this gives status that they need to have and as supports they need to focus first on Outgoing Healing on the companions. It's just my opinion from what I see and talk to other players. But if you have a character not too strong, Vorpal helps a little. My Vorpal is on my CW that I practically deactivated in this module and only use to make the legacy quests or the tombs of Dread Ring since I do not own a healer and i am not interested in selling it now.
  • fsf4livefsf4live Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Thank you very much. I am still not sure which is best. @zimxero#8085 do you mean that Flaming would be better than Vorpal?
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Yes. Rank 14 Flaming is consistently good (deals 7 to 9 percent of your overall damage). In addition, it lowers enemy deflection severity by 4... which effectively gives you and your allies 4% extra accuracy, a stat which is rarely capped.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Lightning for AoE, Bilethorn for ST.

Vorpal is more for Min/Max builds now, giving exactly what you need in Crit. Chance/Severity to be able to cap all your Offense stats properly.

Vorpal is also ideal for Tanks but Lifedrinker is as well.

Vorpal is BiS for Healers and Cleric as a whole.