test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do you hate tanks?

Serious question. My guild has lost 5 tanks since this combat rework because of the nerfs and total lack of equipment. 2 fighters haven't even made tank loadouts and don't plan to. 2 paladins (sorry, paladins, but you really got screwed) have left the game and a third one decided to play a dps character because that's all the devs care about. I'm the last tank left.

You flat out lied to us when you said that no class would be worse off after the combat update. ALL tanks are worse off and Paladins got HAMSTER.

DPS can hit caps in every offensive stat because you gave them equipment to do it (and if they didn't have the right equipment you changed the stats on said equipment so that they could hit caps) - it's HAMSTER HAMSTER that you didn't do the same for tanks. Tanks have 2 (Yes 2) pieces of gear that can raise the 'other' percentage of their stats. An old LOMM armor that gives us a HAMSTER wonderful 0.5% defense every 5 seconds - yeah, zero point HAMSTER five percent every 5 seconds we're in combat - and the wisps which can give us another 3% defense if we get critically hit. HAMSTER awesome - while the DPS are pulling 12.5 percent crit and crit sev from their armor piece with 10% crit from their helmet and etc, etc, etc. That old tank LOMM armor should be awareness if it's going to be that low, anyway.

You even changed the HAMSTER dps Wyvern set to 5% power, 5% crit sev and 5% damage and kept the tank set at 5000 def (because we all need more stat defense, right? HAMSTER morons - it's not like we're not already capped on HAMSTER defense ability stat. Anyway, you kept our set at 5000 def, 5000 defection. What the HAMSTER? We need 'other' category HAMSTER percent help, not front end defense.

Also, no build diversity anymore. Not since the ONLY HAMSTER WAY TO HIT 90% awareness is to use certain class powers. So... yeah, I guess we all have to do that, now.

On that - there's also no way to hit 90% deflect severity. NO WAY TO DO IT. There isn't any HAMSTER items in the game to raise the stat to 55%, let alone HAMSTER 90%.

DPS, no problem, here you go and raise whatever the HAMSTER you want to 90%. Tanks can go HAMSTER themselves.

Comments

• silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Agree.
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Agree also, especially about paladins being in a really, really bad place right now.
  • nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    im actually putting in more time on my cleric/dps toon now than my main pally tank, and i've kept my pally just because it has 4 mythic comp, also annoying how my 32k/<30 boons alts (fighter/cleric) outdamages my 44k pally with 75 freaking boons, cant even deal any freaking damage on sharandar minor heroics, i gotta cry out for help which i didnt do before the damn rework

and since companions dont get to be account wide, im going to need another set of ad/tokens for my cleric build because pally heal can never compete even with the small buff recently, how come some low level cleric surpass me on heals with just healing word while i spam everything i have? the game is 'balanced' for anything else other than pallys,

i got 43 days on vip, i guess i could wait for things to get 'better' for us but i dont see the light at the end of this mod20 tunnel
    Post edited by nukaze#1578 on
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    =( i only get two toons so I have a assassin Xelphen and and a ranger Theomacha who I have yet to level, How ever when my poorly equipped assassin out kills and does more damage then the tank then I know there is a very good reason not make a tank toon as they are at a disadvantage for a must have in the party. on the positive side as people stop playing the tanks you'll become a hugely sought after party member..=/
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Agree
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    When I quit some days after the combat rework - I play(ed) paladin - the first person I met randomly in New World Beta and talked with was another paladin from neverwinter. Real story and big lol.
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User

On that - there's also no way to hit 90% deflect severity. NO WAY TO DO IT. There isn't any HAMSTER items in the game to raise the stat to 55%, let alone HAMSTER 90%.

Shadow Deamon Companion = Defl Sev 90%

> @bumhug#4005 said:
    > Shadow Deamon Companion = Defl Sev 90%

For 1 hit every 30 seconds. Lol
    edited February 2021

> @bumhug#4005 said:

100% uptime for defl Sev. 30 Seconds cooldown for the attack.
    Before combat changes you survived the switch in the waiting room of ToMM with this companion equipped when deflect triggered.
    Now you can´t, but it gives still 90% defl sev, straight. All the time. Even when comp is green.
    Now that beeing said, I´m sure it will be nerfed...

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    There is no content available the requires 90% awareness or deflect severity on a tank, so I don’t really see the issue
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

There is no content available the requires 90% awareness or deflect severity on a tank, so I don’t really see the issue

Me too, but the statement was, that there is no item in game that gives you high defl sev. And that isn´t true. I have used it for a few runs and don´t think that it is very usefull. But that wasn´t the question.
    edited February 2021
    wilbur626 said:

Tanks can run at 60% awareness and get the other 30% from their Daily as situationally needed, but Deflect/def severity is a bad option for tanks - and that's from Rainer. We should've had critical avoidance as our defensive 10% forte.

Edit: ah of course. Wilbur, you run a vanguard Fighter, not a Paladin so you get the critical avoidance...

wilbur626 said:

I think the issue is players focus on the 90%. You don’t need a single 90% defensive stat to comfortably finish ALL content in the game without saying even once.

Personally, it's not about chasing the percentages so much - it's seeing how much HP I'm losing when soloing HE's, made much worse by the fact that it takes a lot longer for my pally to kill enemies now (specifically in HE's) so I'm taking damage for a much longer period of time.

Just a few weeks ago, if I added (say) 5% to a defensive or offensive stat, the difference in performance was very noticeable - that difference has been negated a lot by the new formulas.

• motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

[..]
    However his defenses are a bit too low. When I get to tank a big heap of 5-10 mobs I can easily be hammered down to 0 hp in a very short time on a 45k Vanguard. I think much of that is related to defense and deflect severity being changed to 1/(1+stat) formulas. Compared to old system tanks lost a lot of survivability there.

If game want me to tank, give me the defenses to do so!

Agree. There were good reasons to change the formula from (1-stat) to 1/(1+stat), but tank gear is currently not well optimized to make up the loss in survivability.

I also have the same problem with my vanguard tank in aoe situations in random queues, where I go from max hp to zero so fast, that its difficult for the healer to react. In fact, healer would have to anticipate what will happen - some can but most cannot (and the typical healer in a random queue should not expected to perform like the top 1% )
  • thorncrusher#1297 thorncrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

wilbur626 said:

Tanks can run at 60% awareness and get the other 30% from their Daily as situationally needed, but Deflect/def severity is a bad option for tanks - and that's from Rainer. We should've had critical avoidance as our defensive 10% forte.

Edit: ah of course. Wilbur, you run a vanguard Fighter, not a Paladin so you get the critical avoidance...

Paladins got HAMSTER and having to run a daily to get 90% awareness is opposite of them telling us they want build diversity.

> @bumhug#4005 said:

100% uptime for defl Sev. 30 Seconds cooldown for the attack.
    Before combat changes you survived the switch in the waiting room of ToMM with this companion equipped when deflect triggered.
    Now you can´t, but it gives still 90% defl sev, straight. All the time. Even when comp is green.
    Now that beeing said, I´m sure it will be nerfed...

This is wrong. They fixed it years ago. Watch your stats after you get hit.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I was online playing a wizard and I was just mopping up enemies with fireball and chain lightening. .... oh my bad, I was playing BDO. :trollface:

Now about NWO and my wizard in here, Dervish of Thay was charging at them with his mighty scythe. Although his attacks are not as strong as they have been in the past. His body seems to have got weak and frail, yet I still forget to use my dailies and healing pots I have equipped to him. Of course, every once in a while I begin to fail, but with bloodletter and my speed, I am able to retreat to safety and regroup for my next attack. Meanwhile my companion Thalos the Thayan Illusionist, keeps them busy while I lick my wounds.

Just killing time...
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Do we actually need a reason to hate tanks?
  • dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    And for HAMSTER sake, why woud we still need 15k deflect on our drift globe? This artifacts need more attention
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

And for HAMSTER sake, why woud we still need 15k deflect on our drift globe? This artifacts need more attention

15k from one source like that lets you look to other things for other stats you need.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
This discussion has been closed.