test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TIC last Boss Overcooked attack does to much dmg

xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
edited February 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
A few weeks ago TIC last boss overcooked attack (when he chain the tank and burn it), was to weak doing like 50k damage, now its doing like 300k damage per tic... 2 sec and dead. That not a heal check its a death sentence. maybe with pally heal and temp shield is easyer but with DC healer there close to no time to heal.

Specially when my tank with 1.060k HP out sides get scaled to 830k hp... 50k was to low, 300k to much even with all damage reduction like mount/arti/encounter power... 2-3 sec dead.

If the party doesn't kill boss fast, after 5 phases there no more tank in party.

Comments

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    I'd agree with you since on the first chain i used all of those. (encounter for mitigation, daily, artifact and mount) and still i almost died. but on the 2nd chain my stuff were on cooldown, so i only had encounter and daily - but still the dc heal was able to keep me alive (whew).

yes this is punishing for tanks in the sense of their lives are in the fate of their healer - although the healer has to have the reflexes of a 13 year old teen pumped on gatorade and hope that he doesnt mess up for that "extreme heal check".

on a side note, the group heal potion boon helps out there too if you are a dps or heals and your hp is not full - you can help heal the tank if you want.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    As it easy now, if your group dps is not super higher... after 5-6 of those phases u are out of the fight... not all healer are end gamer... not all healers have the best reactions and 1 sec lag and dead. I am not asking to make it like it was on week 1 of combat system... when it was doing 50k, and now is doing 300k after mitigation... maybe 150k/200k per tic... that 4-6 tic's to kill u as it is now 3 tic and dead.

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I find this very interesting because a few days ago I ran as DPS and stole aggro at the last boss. I was sure I was toast but I survived the pull and the flame thrower. I think I was like 52k-53k approx 640k HP on Warlock
  • xaltius#7326 xaltius Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @xtremoz

I agree 99%.
    One difference. The dmg received is actually even higher than what you described. At 76% awareness. 88% defense 800k hp 55% critical avoidance and 15-18% dmg reduction with earthen set and hells heels crackers, and the new set for another 5% dmg reduction, and shield of faith for another 5% and my combat log still showed me 481k/0.5s. That was not just a normal Overcook. I came out a different colour. Unless your healer is top notch, the tank is dead. Mediocre healers could not heal that check even before the changes. Now even the best healers in game have real trouble. The devs really dropped the ball on that one.
  • azoshin#9959 azoshin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Disagree, this is now a fun challenge for healer and only slightly more difficult than it was before combat changes.

Disagree, this is now a fun challenge for healer and only slightly more difficult than it was before combat changes.

I bet u not a tank or healer.
    reg1981 said:

I find this very interesting because a few days ago I ran as DPS and stole aggro at the last boss. I was sure I was toast but I survived the pull and the flame thrower. I think I was like 52k-53k approx 640k HP on Warlock

Go teste it... a few day ago was doing no dmg... like i said... now is doing to much... but if u can survive maybe better play without tank... cuz tanks cant.
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    @xaltius#7326

You should remove any damage resistance out of the equation. They dont work. I have tested it and reported it as a bug. Someone else tested it too, didnt work for him either. Though i doubt it will be fixed any time soon.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I did TIC on Monday on my Tank and found everything normal. I use Champion's Return and Survivor's Blessing of insignia bonus that help me a lot in this mechanics, plus the GF also ownthe Daily Power Second Wind which I save for this specific stage that also heals me. Note: My tank has 807k hp.
    melechest said:

@xaltius#7326

You should remove any damage resistance out of the equation. They dont work. I have tested it and reported it as a bug. Someone else tested it too, didnt work for him either. Though i doubt it will be fixed any time soon.

Thats what it looks like to me also... if it was a dps doing dmg they would fix it. Iam in the game since open beta and never saw it in such a bad shape.
    edited February 2021

I did TIC on Monday on my Tank and found everything normal...

If u read there https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1260315/dungeon-monster-fixes its not just me seing this happen.

"Last boss. 481k dmg/0.5 sec during Overcook. This is almost impossible to heal. Like I said in another post, mediocre healers could not heal that even before the changes and they let the tank down constantly. Now even top healers have trouble, even when they are expecting it. You guys literally went from one end to the other on this one."

I toke just 300k/0.5 sec, but dps guys say they dont and some other tanks say they did it and was ok... for me its not ok and other tanks in my guild reported the same to me.

Another post reporting the same, its not me only, and its not me being a bad tank like some make it sound!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1260292/tic-endboss-issues
    @melechest @xtremoz

Yes, I believe u are both correct. I tried the same setup on mzc. I was the off tank. I had perfect positioning and the time to get the stacks. Fully armed to the teeth with dr and she cut through me like I was butter. HP at the moment of impact 850k. I got hit for 930k. 1 shot. If dr worked indeed correctly I should have take the hit without even going into palisade. Nope. Cryptic doesnt do dmg reduction. I called them out on that a few times. They were claiming that more builds would be available. Youtubers were so happy that older item sets would make a return. Well i call HAMSTER on every youtuber and on cryptic.

@azosin

You know, being a good tank or a good healer comes with a certain pet peeve so to speak. We dont like failing at our role. Most dps dont care, but then again most dps are basically trash getting carried. It is why we hate it when we get nerfed so hard or straight up being lied to. This is not a challenge. This is stupidity. Challenge is having a chance to survive. But hey. Lets run together. I wont use smite. If u get aggro, ask the healer to rise up to the challenge and keep u alive. Fun times :disappointed:

@admiralwarlord#3792

I did a tic just a few hours ago again. Here is my combat log. I saved it just in case.

[Combat (Self)]Critical Hit! Hellfire Engine deals 550547 (992079) Physical Damage to you with Overcook

That 550k was every half second. The next tick comes with another 0.5 seconds resultin in 1.1 million dmg in 1 second.

Thats with 76% awareness. 810k hp. 90% defense. 58% crit avoidance. And 13-18 % dmg reduction at the start of Overcook ( which as the others have pointed out, does not work, although it should).

Idk how u survived that. Either my stats are terrible or I am doing smthng wrong.

And the healer was actually good. He was on point for the first second. I died in 2 seconds :disappointed:

I have tried Heroism which is identical to your second wind. It did not help things much. I will try absolution and Heroism next run, but I have serious doubts that it will be any better, when I literally get hit for more dmg/sec than I have max hitpoints.

Maybe deflect will help. It sounds terrible. RNG to survive? I mean technically it is closer to dnd alright :D

Save or die roll anyone? :-1:
    They should then introduce saves. And give me my divine grace at lvl 2.

• optimusprime#9560 optimusprime Member Posts: 4 Arc User

@melechest @xtremoz

Yes, I believe u are both correct. I tried the same setup on mzc. I was the off tank. I had perfect positioning and the time to get the stacks. Fully armed to the teeth with dr and she cut through me like I was butter. HP at the moment of impact 850k. I got hit for 930k. 1 shot. If dr worked indeed correctly I should have take the hit without even going into palisade. Nope. Cryptic doesnt do dmg reduction. I called them out on that a few times. They were claiming that more builds would be available. Youtubers were so happy that older item sets would make a return. Well i call HAMSTER on every youtuber and on cryptic.

@azosin

You know, being a good tank or a good healer comes with a certain pet peeve so to speak. We dont like failing at our role. Most dps dont care, but then again most dps are basically trash getting carried. It is why we hate it when we get nerfed so hard or straight up being lied to. This is not a challenge. This is stupidity. Challenge is having a chance to survive. But hey. Lets run together. I wont use smite. If u get aggro, ask the healer to rise up to the challenge and keep u alive. Fun times :disappointed:

@admiralwarlord#3792

I did a tic just a few hours ago again. Here is my combat log. I saved it just in case.

[Combat (Self)]Critical Hit! Hellfire Engine deals 550547 (992079) Physical Damage to you with Overcook

That 550k was every half second. The next tick comes with another 0.5 seconds resultin in 1.1 million dmg in 1 second.

Thats with 76% awareness. 810k hp. 90% defense. 58% crit avoidance. And 13-18 % dmg reduction at the start of Overcook ( which as the others have pointed out, does not work, although it should).

Idk how u survived that. Either my stats are terrible or I am doing smthng wrong.

And the healer was actually good. He was on point for the first second. I died in 2 seconds :disappointed:

I have tried Heroism which is identical to your second wind. It did not help things much. I will try absolution and Heroism next run, but I have serious doubts that it will be any better, when I literally get hit for more dmg/sec than I have max hitpoints.

Maybe deflect will help. It sounds terrible. RNG to survive? I mean technically it is closer to dnd alright :D

Save or die roll anyone? :-1:
    They should then introduce saves. And give me my divine grace at lvl 2.

Everything here is true, you guys keep nerfing weapon sets, companions, gears based on one crybaby and yet you guys do not adjust the mobs and bosses in the game! You devs and the higher ups should be ashamed of yourselves! You guys don't give a piece of sheit to paying and free customers altogether. FIX the GAME!!!! C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, I forgot to mention that I also use Iron Warrior and that I use the shield and move a little to try to deflect some of the damage ;)

The problem I saw in ICT was in the second boss when it centers, as tank have to be visible to keep the aggro, only this causes me to lose a considerable portion of my HP, much more than previously changes.
  • azoshin#9959 azoshin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    xtremoz said:

not all healers have the best reactions and 1 sec lag and dead

I guess we just disagree about whether or not this is a 'bug'.
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Well something has to be done it is just stupid as it is don't matter if it is a bug or not it is not possible that it is working as intended.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

guys i have no issue with the overcook if you time your mitigation at the right moment.
    also the overcook as you can see here is per second not per split second.
    @admiralwarlord#3792

That makes no sense. What do you mean deflect by moving? It could be that it works differently for different classes? I am gonna try again tomorrow and see what works.

@mamalion1234

Well there is not much more mitigation than this. Ill try another feat and daily, but i doubt it would work. Also the combat log I shared was literally over 0.5 sec. That was not a whole second before the next one hit me. Although it is still stupidly high even per second. 550k. Ill try to use time stamps. If i figure out how to adjust them. But it is still abnormal with all the dmg reduction I should have. 76% awareness is not exactly low.
    edited February 2021

@admiralwarlord#3792

That makes no sense. What do you mean deflect by moving? It could be that it works differently for different classes? I am gonna try again tomorrow and see what works.

When you're trapped by the chains, you can still move and deflect some of the damage. First you expect to drain your stamina into block position and then you start moving (there need to be sudden movements). If you have good status you will activate the insignia bonuses and survive with the help of the cure of the healer and yours. Chains don't work as Ranger roots for example, so where doesn't that make sense?

This Monday I completed TIC in my tank and didn't even go to the trouble of picking up my GWF equipment to run this Dungeon.

https://ibb.co/DrQrwKm

@xaltius#7326 With this equipment and level item I completed TIC.
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    We are not saying we cannot finish it, I cannot do it with out a couple deaths though and that has never been the case before. I notice you are lowering your items level, glad that is working out for you. I will not do that.
    I'm not intentionally demeaning, only I had to sell the enchants and insignias to up the companions, since these are much more advantageous to have than the others. In addition to this as it is an alt I make use of items of my main character, such as Dark enchants in ultility slot and mount's collars for example. By demoting the item level I lose a lot of HP, which I still consider a BIS status for Tank.
    @admiralwarlord#3792

Finishint TiC is not the problem. Never had trouble with that. It is just that, it is too weird atm. That amount of dmg we receive is ridiculous.

I can use horn of Valhala pretty much and avoid the check completely. I did not know about being able to move though. The chains immobilize me completely. Maybe it works differently for different classes. Which I would not put past cryptic coding. Ill try it. Ill let the group know I want to run the last boss a few times to figure out your move trick. Thank you for the advice.

Gearwise I am good. My stats are high enough, that I should be taking almost no dmg. I wish the earthen set would work on that. Ill try to use Divine Protector as well and see if 90% awareness helps helps. Well as long as it doesnt blast me for half a million again XD
    [Combat (Self)]Hellfire Engine deals 204013 (547540) Physical Damage to you with Overcook

that was still per half second. So 400k per second pretty much.
    So I need a healer who can heal at least this much. Fun :disappointed:

Have to use Daily for dmg reduction. Got my crit avoidance to 58% as well. 15% dmg reduction from earthen + sharandar set at the start of overcook. Still died. The healer was not up to par I guess. Then again we are getting scaled. The best way to avoid dying there 100% of the time is to have hdps with you so you can skip phases. Easiest way. And have horn of Valhala ready just in case.

I tried moving while chained. Stayed in block, let my stamina drain, and tried to move. Nothing. Pallies dont move. No palisade either. Just normal block. Ill have to try again, but the chains dont seem to allow any movement for me. Maybe my timing was wrong.

All in all TiC is a bit harder than it used to be, since everything there can 1 or 2 shot the dps. And tanks dont have immortality anymore like before, so a good healer is necessary if the party wants to do a fast run.

I guess 19 minutes is good enough. Ill try another run later. See if the daily applies consistently.

[Combat (Self)]Hellfire Engine deals 204013 (547540) Physical Damage to you with Overcook

that was still per half second. So 400k per second pretty much.
    So I need a healer who can heal at least this much. Fun :disappointed:

Thats dmg is normal... if you are unlucky and get crit... you go from overcook to incinerated.

To move/block you need Elven Battle Enchantment, Rank 14 You are 85% more resistant to slows and immobilizes, disables, and stuns. Their duration is reduced. Your stamina Regen is also increased by 40%. Like this you lower the time chained... still you need a really good Healer.

As this is this dungeon is now end/end game. the Heal check turned into Dps check if you have 2-3 dps with Mirage weapon, LoL Set and 6 abominable rune stone... there no chain. If end game dps couldnt pass a dps check ppl would complain like hell since its tank/healer with problem with defense/heal check. We got comment like this "Disagree, this is now a fun challenge for healer and only slightly more difficult than it was before combat changes."
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    it just became back like it used to be. chains is a heal check. but as a tank you need to use your mitigations at the right time to help the healer keep you alive. position properly.

I dont use elven battle, but with combined ratings we have around 40% control resist, and this allows me to be able to move 1 hit before the chain ends ( take note after the chain ends, there is still another attack), so in total i can block/move away from 2 attacks.

I can't speak for other healers, but they only need you to survive for 2 or 3 seconds, for clerics its not hard as long as you dont experience lag.

example for a heal check for cleric is that he can have tab fully charged before tank gets hit - go heal tab once hit - intercession once hit - bastion once hit - quick release tab - bastion, quick release tab bastion and the chains will be done.

if you are tanking and you dont have your daily/mount/artifact power ready for mitigation to help you survive - then don't be surprised if you do.
    Only with insignia bonuses do I recover 20% stamina and 9% HP. Add that with daily power and highly buffed sit with boon amplifying potion healing. Honestly, the tank only dies in this boss if it's a hybrid of tank and dps, which I've seen a lot these days.
    Today's patch notes:

Infernal Citadel

Morzach: Spine Toss now deals 33% less damage.
    Zaphael: Fireburst now deals 25% less damage.
    Hellfire Engine: Overcooked now deals a reasonable amount of damage.

Just want to say, Thank you for fixing this!
    And to those saying that this was not a bug or was WAI, that the DEV's seem to disagree.
    (will run it again today and hope that mid lv healers can heal this again. :)
    You're happy just shows how easy players like content and that's why you have so few Tank's and Healer's in the game, since you can do anything with 4 or 5 DPS. And the question that remains, for what scale or change of combat?
  • flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I tried TIC today after the adjustments, and now the tank check does almost no damage. The damage was around 10-15k per tick. While it was way too much before, this adjustment has gone a bit too far the other way. Perhaps a balance between the two might be good.