test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tenebrous enchantment

I play a wizard with a tenebrous rank 15 enchantment. I have 528,000 hit point right now. The max i can get my tenebrous to proc for is 16000, but sometimes it doesn't hit that hard. it seems to to hit for 11,479 as well. With the amount of hit points i have it should proc the entire 24,000 unless the tool tip is wrong.

Comments

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I’m curious if enemy defence , damage resistance, awareness etc factor in . If so than it would appear to be useless . I’m in the same boat as you but now wondering as I haven’t really noticed or watched for the Tenebrous damage proc. Hmmm
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Can confirm that R15 Tenebrous hits for 16000 (24000) regardless of your stats even when you have sufficient HP. So there is some form of Mitigation occurring, which didn't happen prior to the combat changes.

I presume it is being Mitigated by the target's Defense, which given we no longer have a way to compensate with the loss of ArPen would mean that the Enchant does not function correctly.

It hits for less, this time effected by your Accuracy stat if the target Deflects. Which I presume is intended as it isn't unresisted damage.

@nitocris83

Is this way on both consoles at least, have not tested on PC.

Need clarification on if this is WAI or is bugged and needs to be passed on to the team.

I would also suggest the damage be changed to Unresisted Damage so that the enchant functions as indicated.

Edit:

Did a little extra testing and can confirm almost certainly that it is Defensive Mitigation that is causing it. Equipped Armor Break Companion Power for the 7.5% Defense reduction on the target and Tenebrous did 16842 (24000) damage.
    Post edited by tgwolf on
  • richtayls#5929 richtayls Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    They removed Armor Penetration, which was the counter to an enemy’s Defense, all your powers now do 33% less damage, not just Tenebrous.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Can confirm that R15 Tenebrous hits for 16000 (24000) regardless of your stats even when you have sufficient HP. So there is some form of Mitigation occurring, which didn't happen prior to the combat changes.

I presume it is being Mitigated by the target's Defense, which given we no longer have a way to compensate with the loss of ArPen would mean that the Enchant does not function correctly.

It hits for less, this time effected by your Accuracy stat if the target Deflects. Which I presume is intended as it isn't unresisted damage.

@nitocris83

Is this way on both consoles at least, have not tested on PC.

Need clarification on if this is WAI or is bugged and needs to be passed on to the team.

I would also suggest the damage be changed to Unresisted Damage so that the enchant functions as indicated.

Edit:

Did a little extra testing and can confirm almost certainly that it is Defensive Mitigation that is causing it. Equipped Armor Break Companion Power for the 7.5% Defense reduction on the target and Tenebrous did 16842 (24000) damage.

I noticed the reduction in damage too. My pally has a rank 15, and he should be hitting for max damage on the teneb every time it procs(he did with a lower rank enchant pre rework) . I was assuming that the damage is based on base HP? If not it needs fixing, or the tool tip needs to be fixed to show the reduction in damage. As it stands it is false advertising...

I seem to recall the teneb rank 13 on my wizard hitting for 16k pretty consistently. He's only at 400k hp IIRC.

This is on console for me by the way...
  • drakenx#9358 drakenx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I don't see anything on the tool tip for tenebrous that says unmitigated damage. Am I missing something?

That being said. I have tried to get it to proc on ps4 and so far it has not procd in the last 30 minutes.
  • zombiefan03#9189 zombiefan03 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    No it doesn't say anything about unmitigated damage, but it does say the damage is based off your hit points not your stats. Also no matter what my stats were before combat rework my tenebrous hit for the full 24k. I definitely didn't have max armor pen on all my characters before.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

I don't see anything on the tool tip for tenebrous that says unmitigated damage. Am I missing something?

That being said. I have tried to get it to proc on ps4 and so far it has not procd in the last 30 minutes.

That's the point.

As it stands, the enchant literally cannot do its full damage; Ever. A 7.5% reduction to the defense of a "standard" enemy (training dummy in SH) yielded 842 additional damage. This means the additional reduction needed to deal the full missing 8k damage is ridiculous.

Tenebrous is Proc-related damage and not even close to "game-breaking" levels at that. Given that we cannot nullify damage mitigation anymore an that is having such a negative effect on the enchants performance, there is no reason not to take the easy solution and make the damage it deals Unmitigated.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @tgwolf said:
    > That's the point.
    >
    > As it stands, the enchant literally cannot do its full damage; Ever. A 7.5% reduction to the defense of a "standard" enemy (training dummy in SH) yielded 842 additional damage. This means the additional reduction needed to deal the full missing 8k damage is ridiculous.
    >
    > Tenebrous is Proc-related damage and not even close to "game-breaking" levels at that. Given that we cannot nullify damage mitigation anymore an that is having such a negative effect on the enchants performance, there is no reason not to take the easy solution and make the damage it deals Unmitigated.

Which it should be . Or let us trade them in for a correctly functioning enchantment.
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User

On a ranger I can get it to proc using the at-will rapid shot but it won't on anything else I tried