test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Option to hide inspect gear to stop bully trash talkers, please

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
edited February 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
After a year of putting up with verbal in game bullies, mainly wannabe elitists who all play the same generic handicap copy and paste toons played by their youtuber Gods, who like to randomly try to make you feel bad over a game and your way of playing and constantly saying how your toon is trash over and over when really they're hoping to upset the actual person in real life just like coward bullies do, because in person they would keep their cowardly heads in the sand. If you can hide you character it deters them a bit and you can enjoy your game more not knowing you're surrounded by the kind of people you wouldn't be around in real life. Not saying hide stats etc, just the option to hide the gear you're wearing. Can we have this please?

Comments

• datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    who are those ppl?! I never encountered such person haha just smile :)
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    if they message you like that, it's easy to right click their name - add to ignore. Then they can never message you anymore unless you take them out of your ignore list.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The problem is not the feature. The root problem is the player. If they want to pick on you, they will find another source to do so. The solution should be about dealing with specific player. i.e. 'ignore' them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I don't care if you have this option, but remember that there will still be the leaderboard and that if it is a dead weight on content like DPS, Tank or Healer will be kicked in the same way.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Just put them on your ignore list and enjoy your game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.