test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to have the Quickling companion back as it was?

themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
edited February 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
Me and other players bought a companion and looked like this https://ibb.co/TWZrkGJ like a little batiri

It was expensive but we liked it, now we have this new Sharandar troll version that has nothing to do with it, even changed sex from Male is now female, plus looks like a vanity pet.

When someone buys something it SHOULD NOT BE CHANGED! I want what i bought and what i have at the moment is NOT what i bought.

You come up with same exact enchantments but that have a different grafic visual a renew, you could of done the same for the quickling, but do not change what someone already has. I find this very very very horrible thing to do. I am not someone that spends loads of ad on grafic, trasnsmute or fashion, but when i do buy something it is because I LIKE IT and want it THAT WAY.

And since here. When are you going to fix the Sharandar support? So ALL can do it from level 80 no matter their item level (as has been until today) we already skipped a day of support (the one sharandar was suppose to give out) We really do not want our stronghold buildings slowed down respect the others, would not be fair. While thinking of it you could at least make the rotation between the 3 supports so we wont loose even more adventure shards, but only the fey currency.

Answers

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Short answer, probably not, it is just a mesh and has no mechanical baring on the way it functions.

Long answer, WoC most likely has the final say on it. D&D 5th edition books and artwork shows the quickling as a blue skinned, blue haired, vicious sprite. Good luck getting them to revert it, I know all it would take is adding a 4th edition nostalgia skin to the selection. As for "sex" how do you know if it is a boy person or a girl person? I can't say for any certainty either way. You shouldn't bother posting this here but instead you should ask your question at the top of the food chain. WoC does have a feedback and customer support about their product.

As for populous opinion, I don't own a quickling so I have no opinion either way. The quickling was a charge event item a very long time ago, meaning you didn't "purchase" it, it was given as a bonus item. Consider yourself lucky they didn't delete it with the rest of module 1, as they have shown time and time again, they can do as they please.
  • themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Short answer, probably not, it is just a mesh and has no mechanical baring on the way it functions.

Long answer, WoC most likely has the final say on it. D&D 5th edition books and artwork shows the quickling as a blue skinned, blue haired, vicious sprite. Good luck getting them to revert it, I know all it would take is adding a 4th edition nostalgia skin to the selection. As for "sex" how do you know if it is a boy person or a girl person? I can't say for any certainty either way. You shouldn't bother posting this here but instead you should ask your question at the top of the food chain. WoC does have a feedback and customer support about their product.

As for populous opinion, I don't own a quickling so I have no opinion either way. The quickling was a charge event item a very long time ago, meaning you didn't "purchase" it, it was given as a bonus item. Consider yourself lucky they didn't delete it with the rest of module 1, as they have shown time and time again, they can do as they please.

How do you know sex? If you look at the top chest part it is visible. And costs 6k clean ad to change name.
    And yes i bought it for several milion AD in the Auction house was not given to me free. Astral diamonds there is a convertion zen/AD so yes i bought it!

And thank you for the information on the feedback, yes we all know that they do not care about us, we are just money for them, all the rest we have to do is just shut up and accept anything they pull. Like keeping us, that is not important for them, if we have been with them from the start and slowly spent a lot of money in the game, we can leave because tomorrow there will always be a new sucker to grab money from. What they did with sharandar and braking the stronghold building like that also proves it.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Quickling can still drop from dungeon chest and Juma bags.

I am guessing that the change to the pet appearance was an unintended side effect of changing the mobs. In two other instances, Erinyes of Belial and Redcap Powrie, the mobs in game were changed but the pet skins remained the same. Presumably, those skins drew off of separate files while the coder for the Quickling pet just linked to the file for the hostile mob.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited February 2021
    themoore said:

How do you know sex? If you look at the top chest part it is visible. And costs 6k clean ad to change name.
    You never heard of male mammary glands or moobies? My father-in-law use to sit in his house shirtless. It was so hard to carry a conversation looking at a grown man who needed to be milked. But seriously unless the text block states he/she him/her then I don't assign gender.
    themoore said:

And yes i bought it for several milion AD in the Auction house was not given to me free. Astral diamonds there is a convertion zen/AD so yes i bought it!

I would have to say, now you have less of a leg to stand upon. AD is just grind currency, if you had a record of the transaction during the charge event, they might have listened to your points. Again, even if someone here bought one from the charge event, they don't need to pay much more attention to them either. Let's take for example this recent "Love Bug" pack. If I paid out $50 cash, there is 5000 Zen in that pack + title + bug. In the future, if they decide to remove or change the title and/or the mount, you got 5000 Zen for $50. They covered their butt, I sure it is all there in the fine print too.
    themoore said:

And thank you for the information on the feedback, yes we all know that they do not care about us, we are just money for them, all the rest we have to do is just shut up and accept anything they pull. Like keeping us, that is not important for them, if we have been with them from the start and slowly spent a lot of money in the game, we can leave because tomorrow there will always be a new sucker to grab money from. What they did with sharandar and braking the stronghold building like that also proves it.

You are welcome, I do wish you the best. But I always recommend starting at the top. The forums are for venting and forgetting.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    @nitocris83

Changing a companion is not cool. If the powrie companion changed I'd be spitting acid and hot nails.

It's also a missed sales opportunity. They should sell the new quickling as a separate companion the way they did with the 5e erinyes.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @nitocris83 could you tap the 3D model maker on the shoulder and ask them, if I am correct in my following commentary. Thanks!

You are all so lost on this, it is plain as the nose on your face! They are both male and female models. Skins #1 & #3 are female while skins #2 & #4 are male.

This is my quickling, by the way, its name has been and always will be "Worm Warmer"... Capt. Dirk Anvil Slade takes it ice fishing with him, don't ask how it keeps worms warm.

Have a nice day! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
    I can see it clearly too. I don't own a quickling for this kind of testing.