test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What statuses causes "Disabled"?

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
What statuses causes "Disabled"?, i.e slowed, dazed, paralyze, stun etc

Comments

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Status does not apply these achievements that you cited. Powers, equipment and enchants (Shadowclad) that do this. Control bonus that is a status, amplifies the duration of the control.
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    So there is an actual "Disabled" status, so if i use smoke bomb which says "Daze", this is not counted as "disabled"?. If i use a ring that causes "Paralysis", this also doesn't count as "Disabled", or the new Ox's "Stun a foe for 3 seconds" also doesn't count as "Disabled". So it has to say "Disable a foe/enemy"?.

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I understood your thinking, but I believe that if something is not working as described, you should quote this in the topic of bug report. On the equipment that causes paralysis, I tested Barovia's gloves and she is applying her bonus and this activates combatant's maneurver insignia bonus. I believe I read something about the companion you quoted is not working, but I don't remember the specific topic.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I wish there was some concrete information on this around somewhere. It's something I've wondered about for a while now.

But I think Dazed counts as Disabled. I've been using the slyblade kobold for a while with my rogue's smokebomb, and it seems to make a difference. My warlock's build revolves around Arms of Hadar for the prone condition. Tested that one a bit, and did see an uptick in damage with the slyblade equipped - not a particularly scientific test, though.

So I'm assuming that statuses like dazed, prone, rooted, stunned, confused all count as disabled. The developers would know for sure though. Be nice to hear from one of them.

But, while we're on the topic, I'd like to see statuses readdressed. I get that bosses and certain minions might be immune to certain statuses - but to be immune to all of them? That's silly, and only serves to further railroad players' combat options.
    From Neverwintwer Wiki

"Daze - Target is unable to use Daily or Encounter Powers. Movement and At-will attacks are unaffected.
    Knock - Causes the target to recoil, usually coupled with a prone effect.
    Immobilize - Roots the target in place. While under this effect, attacks and powers can still be used.
    Mitigation - Affected targets have an altered Damage Mitigation percentage. This change will make the target either more or less resistant to damage.
    Prone - Being knocked prone causes the target to fall to the ground. While prone, creatures cannot use abilities or move until they get back up.
    Push - Creatures will be quickly displaced from the effect's point of origin.
    Slow - Slowed targets have reduced movement speed.
    Stun - The target is incapacitated, and cannot move, attack, or use powers."

Notice nothing about Disabled.

I would assume "stun" counts as Disabled. Not sure about daze though as foes can still move?. Rooted foes can still attack, just can't move so doubt that counts as Disabled.. but who knows lol.
    Does SlyBlades Discipline actually work now?, i heard it was broken after an update way back and Slyblade wasn't working as intended or something. The buff from smoke bomb may just be from the fact the foes are dazed and nothing to do with Slyblade, as daze might not even count as Disabled so the difference you're seeing is from daze, not slyblades effect?.

Yeah it would be nice if a developer could clear this up factually from the in game coding.
    I'll do a little test when I play tonight, but I've tried smokebomb with and without slyblade's discipline, and my impression was it did more damage with - that was probably more than a year ago, though. I didn't know about it being broken.

It is very frustrating when you're playing a game based on specific rules framed out with specific words and phrases, then you come across tooltips with a jargon of their own.

But in that list you posted, I'd consider all of those statuses, "disabled," except for push. Confused is interesting because the enemies start attacking each other, but I suppose they're not actually disabled.
    Did a quick test against a dazed test dummy, and I was seeing more damage with slyblade's discipline - only half as much as advertised, but I only recorded a dozen goes.
    Cool, I've been running some tests also on dummies. Testing with and without Slyblade Discipline. Plus have to take into account the extra damage you get from equipping SlysDiscipline's from the item lvl boost. Like you said it seems to make a difference, but it's still not as clear as it should be from Cryptic.

And as you also said "It is very frustrating when you're playing a game based on specific rules framed out with specific words and phrases". This is it, when you're investing AD/tokens/Builds etc you really want to know the mechanics are working as you assumed.