test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Sharandar - Nothing to do?

I was super excited for this new mod launch... with the combat changes there are SO many new opportunities to optimize gear and make cool new items (stacking %values on items, etc).

But there is almost no content on the release. All of the items so far (in the entire zone catalog) are worse than the Avernus gear and there is nothing to do but farm HE's endlessly for next to no reward. I guess I was not around for the Mod 19 release but this is probably the most underwhelming large updates/patches I've ever experienced in any game. The giant update was earlier this week and I already feel like there is nothing for me to do in that zone. Not to mention My Hag's Legendary ACCOUNT WIDE mount cannot be used on more than one character still, and have not heard any update or effort to fix that.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Not to mention My Hag's Legendary ACCOUNT WIDE mount cannot be used on more than one character still, and have not heard any update or effort to fix that.

Probably because you did not look around when there is nothing to do.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1260116/pc-sharandar-launch-week-issues/p1

They responded within hours after launch if not less than an hour.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    The 'real' issue happens in every mod. There has been not much too do after one finishes the weekly haul. Hence, I play 6 characters. Not a new "problem".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I was super excited for this new mod launch... with the combat changes there are SO many new opportunities to optimize gear and make cool new items (stacking %values on items, etc).

But there is almost no content on the release. All of the items so far (in the entire zone catalog) are worse than the Avernus gear and there is nothing to do but farm HE's endlessly for next to no reward. I guess I was not around for the Mod 19 release but this is probably the most underwhelming large updates/patches I've ever experienced in any game. The giant update was earlier this week and I already feel like there is nothing for me to do in that zone. Not to mention My Hag's Legendary ACCOUNT WIDE mount cannot be used on more than one character still, and have not heard any update or effort to fix that.

Agree. I look at the "new" stuff to buy with currency and I was like, "whats the point in that?" I have Avernus stuff so why is it even in the Zone Catalog? I guess new players might not have Avernus stuff though...

But then hold on this is intended for 40k il toons only not new players...

Oh and wow 100k AD is really a reward? I mean really? Do the devs actually think its a big WOW factor to give us 100k AD? I was actually rofling at that.

I agree, little to do, I like the SMHE farm runs a bit, sense of camaraderie and misery. Otherwise, pretty boring.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    New sharandar is casual sharandar. 30 minutes per week for weekly haul. Nothing else. Not weekly tokens, wards, ad. Well... For revamped Sharandar i expected a lot more.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    In some releases people grind all day or for a couple days about 8 hours per day of play and finish the weekly content...But in this new mod release, it took about 30 minutes....thats it. 30 minutes to complete it. I finished it while I was waiting for REDQ and I finished it before I could got in my Queue...

• kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    well, one thing to look forward too is that the the mod is not complete. there are 2 more episodes of something coming down the pipeline. but alas, will it be worth it?
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    100% agree. I was so excited about the new mod before its release. Like, we will once gain have things to do. Nope. Its the same thing with the last 2 mods. Do the weekly haul in 30mins, or maybe some more if you are a tank or take it slow, maybe reach 1 hour. Then farm heroic encounters. Again and again. Exact same story. After 1 hour of the mod release the zone chat was being spam with +BHE. No talking, no excitement, no opinions, nothing. Thats sad. My excitement
    And yeah, there are 2 more episodes, but they will probably be the exact same story.
    As for the gear, only the armor pieces are decent for my tank. Everything else is useless.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    makes you appreciate the hell out of Undermountain mod haha that was a real story to play :D
  • kickiusassius#6340 kickiusassius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the content, but I did run into something kind of interesting. While running around today, not on a mount but actually running, I happen to run into a Troll I couldn't fight. He was just on his merry way to someplace. Although I couldn't fight him, I was able to steal his loot. The loot was Bralliels Planar Bindings and an Aquamarine. I wonder if he has better loot.

Makes me wonder if other hidden things are in New Sharandar.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I have no problem that the "repeatable" content is 40 mins per week. I have no interest in repeat easy task in the same map every day.

And if you have 6-7 alts, this is much more apropiate. We allways blame them for not taking into account alts, or for the game not being alt-friendly. This is good.

What I dont like is that we ONLY got this. Ok we get the dungeon soon, but is only 1 dungeon, now that we have 2 modules each year instead of 3 like before, I would like to see more instanced content in each mod.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User

I have no problem that the "repeatable" content is 40 mins per week. I have no interest in repeat easy task in the same map every day.

And if you have 6-7 alts, this is much more apropiate. We allways blame them for not taking into account alts, or for the game not being alt-friendly. This is good.

What I dont like is that we ONLY got this. Ok we get the dungeon soon, but is only 1 dungeon, now that we have 2 modules each year instead of 3 like before, I would like to see more instanced content in each mod.

Thanks to the new system that made it so I need 8 separate companion bolsters /instead just 3 bondings moved by shared bank/, I dont play my alts anymore :D
    Also Im full with Bramble and Malabog keys... I dont like anything about that :disappointed:
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Thanks to the new system that made it so I need 8 separate companion bolsters /instead just 3 bondings moved by shared bank/, I dont play my alts anymore :D
    Also Im full with Bramble and Malabog keys... I dont like anything about that :disappointed:
    This is the most alt friendly setup we've had so far with scaling. Pet bolster or not. I have 1 of each class that I play, my weakest can do path of the fallen with ease and doesn't have a single pet mythic. Before the changes even with 3 R15 bondings my weaker toons struggled there.

As for the OP, your right it's quick and easy to finish leaving nothing to do in Sharandar if you play 1 toon. But for the many who explore other classes this is a blessing! I will take advantage and use this time to get my healer and tank up and running again. Many who played support roles did so with their alts and imo good support is hard to find atm.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the content, but I did run into something kind of interesting. While running around today, not on a mount but actually running, I happen to run into a Troll I couldn't fight. He was just on his merry way to someplace. Although I couldn't fight him, I was able to steal his loot. The loot was Bralliels Planar Bindings and an Aquamarine. I wonder if he has better loot.

Makes me wonder if other hidden things are in New Sharandar.

Yeah i steal from him several times a day...I only get weak potions

• netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    When it launched a few days ago for Sharandar I finished weekly haul in like 20 minutes then farmed heroics. There really wasn't anything left to do ...
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I keep hearing you're concerned about my happiness
    But all that thought you're giving me is conscience, I guess
    If I were walking in your shoes I wouldn't worry none
    While you and your friends are worrying 'bout me, I'm having lots of fun.

I have tons of things to do there now, I haggle with the blacksmith, I insult the elves, and I scream every time the dragon shows up. I run around screaming -like a little girl- "OH MY GOD! There is a dragon! Run for your lives!"...

Counting flowers on the wall
    That don't bother me at all
    Playing solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one
    Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo
    Now don't tell me I've nothing to do.
    :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Sharandar is very pretty, looks great. But like everyone else I reached the weekly cap in around 45mins. Other than working on alts now the game has nothing to offer me but repeating content on other toons. If this is to be played out over the course of a year as Sharandar is released in full it leaves me wondering how many people will be left.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I have 6 characters, if I really wanted to I could spend 6 hours a week in Sharandar. I am very casual, I spend most of my time just goofing off in the game and talking to people. I have several unfinished areas in this game. I also spend more time in Champions Online (the forgotten child) that still has plenty to do. I do like the end content at level 40 in Vibora Bay. The game is more appealing to me for character and costume design. Here on NWO they made Avernus armors from old Black Ice armors. Not one vertex on the mesh was changed, just recolored.

I agree Sharandar looks wonderful, great job on all the maps and models. Content is going to drag for many people who have "done it all". I have yet to finish Vallenhas, Avernus, and about 50% of the Undermountain. I never been to Stardock (mod 17), you must finish Undermountain to get there. I have been informed, module 17 is not fun or very creative. I will reserve judgement for myself when or if I get there. That should around the third Tuesday of next week. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User

Oh and wow 100k AD is really a reward? I mean really? Do the devs actually think its a big WOW factor to give us 100k AD? I was actually rofling at that.

I agree, little to do, I like the SMHE farm runs a bit, sense of camaraderie and misery. Otherwise, pretty boring.

100K AD is a lot for some of us... Me

But I do agree that after the weeks task there no nothing to do... Maybe upping the haul from HEs would help, almost anything would.