test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerf of the Week

krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
Can we please stop playing the Nerf of the Week game? Novel concept, actually test stuff and make decisions before pushing content and changes out. With Companion changes supposedly being the impetus being the recent combat reworks, it's not that hard to go to a test dummy and have each companion wack the dummy. If we as players can do it, the developers should be able to also. Go test them, and introduce changes once you know stuff is working right.

Comments

• Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    My Augment suddenly started to kill the whole zone, I didn't need to fight at all..
    Isn't that amazing ?
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    This week i think they need to focus on Mirage and Cold Iron Warrior
  • Options
    > @synyster3006 said:
    > This week i think they need to focus on Mirage and Cold Iron Warrior

Nice trolling.
  • Options
    synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    krevg said:

> @synyster3006 said:

> This week i think they need to focus on Mirage and Cold Iron Warrior

Nice trolling.

Well... i'm serious... the ""Nerf"" they did last patch wasn't even noticeable!
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Move this topic to the General discussion or can u claim it's a feedback thread?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    > @someonedies said:
    > Move this topic to the General discussion or can u claim it's a feedback thread?

I think the feedback that they should test companions before launch of a new companion and combat system is valid feedback. The fact that I can do this as well as other players means they can do this too. Especially with the high cost to upgrade comps to mythic, this is more important now than ever. Further, there is well established historical precedent in NW for not changing companion damage almost every patch. How many years was the Fire Archeron BIS? The Chultan Tiger? The Bulette Pup and Polar Bear? Did they turn around a reduce the effectiveness of those items right after people upgraded? How about Xuna and the Abyssal Chicken more recently?

It it not reasonable to expect people to invest in companions only to have the companions changed in a few weeks. The time for working out this issue is clearly before going live.

I make the same contention with weapon bonuses. There is nothing surprising or unexpected here. Also, regarding the Celestial Set, it's always been better for certain classes, like the HR or SW, that can quickly get the bonus up. They doing the same with CW, with the really long cool downs. I think it's very fair and reasonable feedback to express the need for more testing prior to launches, and not have a "nerf of the week" situation.