test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You know cryptic doesnt like barbarians...

You know when cryptic doesnt even like barbarians when we are still pretty much lite versions of fighters.. And our forum on this site is still called militia barracks. Should of got a name change lol.

Cryptic how about you just delete blademaster and sentinel and replace them with zealot and totem warrior.. Would make alot more sense since we are supposed to be technically 5th edition dnd...

Comments

• rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    The totem warrior is very cool having the ability to fly but they are paragons of barbarian
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Which is the point.. Bear totem or wolf totem would be sick for tank or team buffing and zealot barbarian would be far better then blademaster and would,do a ton more damage. Besides at least we wouldn't basically be a bad fighter like we are now.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited February 2021

You know when cryptic doesnt even like barbarians when we are still pretty much lite versions of fighters.. And our forum on this site is still called militia barracks. Should of got a name change lol.

In the Mod 16 beta, the GWF class originally took the name "Fighter", with Guardian Fighter taking the name "Guardian". At some point, the names swapped to their current state, but under the hood, the rest of their designs didn't change.

You could still see parts of their hasty name swap. Older GWF gear will say "of the Fighter", Blademaster still refers to the 4e Paragon path of Swordmaster, and terramak will occasionally goof in the patch notes and referring to the classes' internal names, like "Guardian's (insert changes/bugs here)" .

Cryptic how about you just delete blademaster and sentinel and replace them with zealot and totem warrior.. Would make alot more sense since we are supposed to be technically 5th edition dnd...

I feel ya there.

Back in Mod 16's beta, I tried something similar on Goofy Fighter. They gave our DPS paragon the edgy "Dreadnaught" name, despite being a spec that was the best at running away and sitting on the toilet. I tried to get them to change the names and mechanics to more resemble 5e's Battle Master subclass, but nothing happened.

I highly doubt the names or mechanics will change at all, unless you happen to be a content creator with a lot of influence.

The Cryptic and/or PWE higher ups will gladly use the D&D names and visuals to sucker in tabletop players, but won't incorporate much, if any of the gameplay ideas from the most recent edition of the license.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Meh, barbarian name is ok, it seems that they introduced a new class just changing the mame. Win win.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @darthpotater said:
    > Meh, barbarian name is ok, it seems that they introduced a new class just changing the mame. Win win.

We're pretty much still gwfs with barbarian rage and a tank path with no damage. Hell blademaster isn't even a dnd class. Dont even get me started about pvp.. You either play as cannon fodder blademaster with no stamina or a zero damage sentinel god that can't die.