test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Sharandar 40k IL

hmmm odd, I hope this does not go through as a double post, I tried posting this question just before but got some message after submitting the question that it needed to be approved.

New Sharandar (blog post from January 12):
These new zones requires an item level of 40,000 to start their campaigns. However, there will be an event running for the first two weeks from launch that turns this requirement off, and as long as you complete the intro mission during that time you will not only retain access to the content if below 40,000 Item Level, but you will also be scaled up to 40,000 Item Level when in those zones. So make sure to check it out when it goes live!

1. I wanted to confirm that the introductory quest/mission is the "Return to Sharandar" which involves getting through the fey crossing to New Sharandar? Once you are there, that unlocks 40k IL (for New Sharandar zone) for that character?

The campaign keys for Malabog’s Castle and Master of the Hunt have moved to the Wondrous Bazaar for 2,500 AD and remain once a day purchases.

regarding the mention of the Master of the Hunt - does that mean that the Master of the Hunt skirmish will be playable and continue to exist after today's New Sharandar update? or was this just a notice that the key was moved to the Wondrous Bazaar just for the interim period before the update, and the Master of the Hunt is no longer playable? I no longer see the Master of the Hunt as one of the available skirmishes in the random queue.

Answers

• themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Many many questions:

1) Why do we have to Buy Keys with Astral diamonds, if you leave the dungeon need to let us make them, or let us use rough ad. takes already enough effort to build clean AD already you are making us spend AD with the change of outfits we did not want, the change of companion from male to female something (dunno what that thing is a person without a comb), keys for dungeons.....

2) The stronghold fey/support now the strongholds that are still building will be Slowed down SOOOO much respect other guilds because peopel have to have 40k item level to do a simple stronghold sharandar support, and the currency is different for fey, what happens now?? Why do our guilds have to be penalized in such a way? so the adventure shards from sharandar are to skip until they have 40 k ilvl???????

3) Why was the companion quickling of CHULT that was extra cool and deadly, turned into a Female something of Sharandar????
    People buy things with a certan immage...it is VERY disrespectful to change something already existing so radically. If you did not like it, make a new companion, do not touch something that people put so much effort, time and MONEY in to buy and upgrade. That was just shameful. WE WANT OUR QUICKLING BACK
    By the way I HAD TO even SPEND 6K AD because my companion had male name and now is female grrrrrr

I just think things or have not been thought through or there is a SEVERE lack of information.

Suggestion for the future: If it is a problem of space to keep a functional sharandar and change everything for something giving so many issues and not even that better, members today complaining because boring. Take out all those quests maps that are barely used anymore because not even necessary to finish and create something new, not recycled.

I am truly disapointed, i was defending this new group, i am sure they thought of it, i was saying ..... Ehhhh Nope I WAS WRONG :s
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I had not thought of the sharandar currency for stronghold advancement, yes, this 40k IL will certainly slow down the advancement of the guild (although it was slow to begin with).

... from what I understand from the dev blod, you can now buy the master of the hunt and malabog keys with astral diamonds in the wondrous bazaar -- but do these skirmish/dungeons still exist with the new sharandar update?

or are these keys there just as historical artefacts/relics/collectibles?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    themoore said:

Many many questions:

1) Why do we have to Buy Keys with Astral diamonds, if you leave the dungeon need to let us make them, or let us use rough ad. takes already enough effort to build clean AD already you are making us spend AD with the change of outfits we did not want, the change of companion from male to female something (dunno what that thing is a person without a comb), keys for dungeons.....

2) The stronghold fey/support now the strongholds that are still building will be Slowed down SOOOO much respect other guilds because peopel have to have 40k item level to do a simple stronghold sharandar support, and the currency is different for fey, what happens now?? Why do our guilds have to be penalized in such a way? so the adventure shards from sharandar are to skip until they have 40 k ilvl???????

3) Why was the companion quickling of CHULT that was extra cool and deadly, turned into a Female something of Sharandar????
    People buy things with a certan immage...it is VERY disrespectful to change something already existing so radically. If you did not like it, make a new companion, do not touch something that people put so much effort, time and MONEY in to buy and upgrade. That was just shameful. WE WANT OUR QUICKLING BACK
    By the way I HAD TO even SPEND 6K AD because my companion had male name and now is female grrrrrr

I just think things or have not been thought through or there is a SEVERE lack of information.

Suggestion for the future: If it is a problem of space to keep a functional sharandar and change everything for something giving so many issues and not even that better, members today complaining because boring. Take out all those quests maps that are barely used anymore because not even necessary to finish and create something new, not recycled.

I am truly disapointed, i was defending this new group, i am sure they thought of it, i was saying ..... Ehhhh Nope I WAS WRONG :s

I agree they shouldn't change things already out in that manner but the quickling was shardandar not chult. you're thinking of batiri.

my bigger concern is strongholds. I think given the evolution of this game we're at a point where all the shards should be in one pool applicable as desired and all the currencies should be in one pool and the new zones should award currencies as well as old. they can leave influence except maybe make more opportunities to earn it.
  • zessa#2836 zessa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    stoniar said:

1. I wanted to confirm that the introductory quest/mission is the "Return to Sharandar" which involves getting through the fey crossing to New Sharandar? Once you are there, that unlocks 40k IL (for New Sharandar zone) for that character?

I didn't see any answer to this question, which is one I was asking as well. I wondered if getting to new sharandar will suffice for future 40k IL (if the toon currently falls short) or do they need to complete the first step of the campaign? Could someone elaborate, please? Thank you!
    I didn't see an answer to this question and it's one I've been asking as well. If a toon falls short of the 40k IL currently, but is able to get to new sharandar, will that suffice for them to have 40k IL for future or do they actually need to complete the first step of the campaign? Can someone give a bit of detail, please? Thank you!
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    you get upscaled to 40k when doing the intro quest and while in new sharandar.
    Thank you for the response. B)
    My alt was able to complete the intro quest with some help, but while there and afterwards, her IL had not increased to 40K when I looked. It was still showing as 34+K IL. Maybe that is a feature that will show up once the two week period has ended?
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    i checked my alts il, and it showed 32k il, then off to the side it said 40k
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    bruce55 said:

i checked my alts il, and it showed 32k il, then off to the side it said 40k

what bruce said.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    And weren't you surprised to learn that you have damage much higher than your TIL would indicate?

dmg
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    edited February 2021
    I agree they shouldn't change things already out in that manner but the quickling was shardandar not chult. you're thinking of batiri.

Yes called quickling but he looked like batiri had the mask and all :) i always use him in dps mode =)

my bigger concern is strongholds. I think given the evolution of this game we're at a point where all the shards should be in one pool applicable as desired and all the currencies should be in one pool and the new zones should award currencies as well as old. they can leave influence except maybe make more opportunities to earn it.

Yes they need to fix this stronghold building issue. Today was supposed to be sharandar support and instead they are not handing out support quest today, next will be dread ring tomorrow..... so ... dont know what is happening!!!!....
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Thank you for the response. B)
    My alt was able to complete the intro quest with some help, but while there and afterwards, her IL had not increased to 40K when I looked. It was still showing as 34+K IL. Maybe that is a feature that will show up once the two week period has ended?

Type C. Move the mouse cursor to the total item level and wait for the pop up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Thank you so much for the responses. I am guilty of not looking around enough before I ask questions, and for that I apologize. :#
    Thank you again! B)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    No harm in asking. There are no stupid questions. The answers you may receive, however...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    The model change for the quickling is just the artwork, 4th edition artwork made the quickling more privative looking and this is closer to 5th edition artwork.

Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
    edited February 2021
    sameriker said:

The model change for the quickling is just the artwork, 4th edition artwork made the quickling more privative looking and this is closer to 5th edition artwork.

That would make sense if the image on the left was the quickling we bought.

And even so if we buy something with a look, it SHOULD NOT BE CHANGED

edited February 2021
    see the link https://ibb.co/TWZrkGJ

THIS IS THE QUICKLING COMPANION we bought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!