test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unbound Staff of Flowers Artifact changed to bind on pick up. Why?

odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
I have a couple of unbound staff of flower artifacts in the guild bank and all their status is now binds on pick-up (character). How is this possible? These were lockbox drops from a while back. I took one out and now it became bound to my character. That's how I found out. The hard way. Was going to sell it in the AH but can't anymore. Just a warning to others. Check the bind status on any items you take out of the guild bank. This is annoying. Hopefully this is an error and will be fixed.

Comments

• vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    I have stored several unbound Staff of Flowers along with other artifact sets on an alt, not a guild bank. After reading the forums I checked and they are now btc on the storage alt :( Never mind selling them, I cant use them now on my active toons.
    Thats not right. If there had been some warning that bound status was going to change I would have at least spread them around to active toons. Please revert their status , thank you.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    @nitocris83 @cwhitesidedev#9752 @noworries#8859

Yup. Three unbound artifacts that I have and had earned through gameplay are now suddenly bound.

How does one even *cause* a breakage like this? It would take a script that cycled through every player in the system database to change the bind status of a single item. What were the devs even *doing* mucking about with something that intrusive? I'm having a hard time even thinking of a scenario where such a thing could ever happen accidentally. Do they have players stored in an Oracle database and handed the job of forming the SQL query to a new person? That would be like using a chainsaw with all of the safety guards removed.

This needs to be fixed. Yesterday.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Bags had the same issue long time ago and they are still "looking at it".
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I think they are employing some interns from Acquisitions Inc...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox