test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to refine collar and use ward

powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
Attempting to refine supportive regal collar 1. have all the materials and wards needed, but the ward button is not just dimmed (disabled) but virtually invisible. Same for the selected ward icon. There is a 50% chance of success, so obviously i don't want to lose 5 mop4, a chunk of dust, etc. The refine button is enabled but I dare not press it.

I moved this collar to another toon that has none of the materials - mops, dust, etc. Same situation. The refine button is still enabled and I am tempted to try this just to see if the upgrade works. Perhaps the "50% chance" information is just wrong?

I have another collar - sturdy crescent collar 3 - where I am missing some of the materials but I don't have this issue. The ward button and icon are both visible and accessible by mouse. In this case, the refine button is disabled as I would expect.

But I think the GUI logic for refining collars is generally inconsistent. When upgrading a base collar (before mod 20 - unified crescent collar base) to level 1, there is a 100% chance of success but the ward-related GUI elements are also virtually invisible. In this case, doesn't really matter since the upgrade is guaranteed. But logically I don't see or understand why the ward button and icon are (more than just) disabled for this level or any other. And in the case where materials are missing, the refine button should NOT be enabled. If the "require ward" setting is on, then the refine button should also be disabled until a ward is chosen.

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    If the collar is equipped at time of refinement... consider the rule that a mythic collar V can only be equipped on a mythic mount. If you have a purple III mount collar on a purple mount and try to refine it, it would break the rule. Try unequipping it, or placing it on a higher ranked mount before refining.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Yep - tried both ways, equipped and unequipped. But i am specifically referring to a level 1 collar. And this issue isn't (as far as i know since i dare not actually attempt to refine) related to actually doing the refinement. Rather it is the inability to use a ward to prevent the loss of very expensive materials.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    you have to spend the refinement points first before it will allow you to use the refinement items and wards or at least that is how it has been working for me.