test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Butterfly Bilethorn

Norhside showed a video where, in the preview, the Butterfly Bilethorn was nerfed. Regular Bilethorn make abou 3600 damage, Butterfly just 865.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKwdRPsW2uA&t=233s
Can we have a clarification about it?
The Butterfly Bilethorn is sold for dollars, I don't want people to think that where you got their money, nerf what you sold them.

English is not my main language (it is the third one) so please forgive my mistakes (not like a forum moderator did).

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, there's a good chance that this "special" enchantment will also be nerfed like the other two, and it's bound to account too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Unfortunately there is still alot of fine tuning going on.
    The recent combat changes have created a really big project for the guys at cryptic to try to re-balance basically everything in the game from mobs, gear, enchantments, ect.

Although I would be really really disappointed to see them selling something for real money while they are in the process of nerfing it, I wouldn't actually be that surprised like since renegade mentioned in the above post.
    That is exactly what they have done with the last 2 cosmetic enchantments, ie vorpal and barkshield
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Damn, I just put in a ticket on the butterfly enchant. I assumed it was bound like everything else in the pack for 7 days but would release. Now that I look again, there is no 7d - Remaining listed on the enchant :( Mount had a 7 day hold on it as did the zen that came with the pack. No, it's not my first purchase so it shouldn't be a probation issue.
    edited February 2021
    Well, i just checked, unless there's something not showing properly in the browser on my end,
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11484023
    then there isn't even any information on the binding status of the enchantment in the news - and i don't think there's an option for checking the pack in game somewhere either.

That's going to be one fun weekend in game, when players (that have bought this pack) start realizing what they're actually getting here. It's more or less another round of botched up ZEN Charge Promotion again. People buy a ZEN package, but then have to contact support or wait for the Devs for getting it all sorted out...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it!"
    Want to know why?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Saying

Butterfly Bilethorn Enchantment, Rank 9
    Lovely Emperor Beetle Legendary Mount (Account bound)
    Cannot really be interpreted in any other way than the Bilethorn being unbound. Making it account bound too...well, a lot of people are pissed off, and warning others to stay away ffrom this pack.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Bug Ticket Created. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1260066/butterfly-bilethorn-enchantment-wrong-item-level-assigned-at-ranks-9-14/p1?new=1

The discrepancy we're seeing isn't a nerf. It's just another typo in the code that got overlooked by QA on the Butterfly Bilethorn. Butterfly Bilethorn is following the Old Item Level Values on Weapon Enchantments. See link above or click here
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Hmmmm well sort of but not quite, the old item level was 150 yes.
    But the old magnitude was 40, not 11.5 So i'm 100% guessing here but based on what happened to the vorpal and the barkshield after their cosmetic version's hit the zen market I would be expecting to see a nerf to the bilethorn in a months time.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

Hmmmm well sort of but not quite, the old item level was 150 yes.
    But the old magnitude was 40, not 11.5 So i'm 100% guessing here but based on what happened to the vorpal and the barkshield after their cosmetic version's hit the zen market I would be expecting to see a nerf to the bilethorn in a months time.

I don't see a nerf incoming. The magnitude number relies on this formula: Magnitude = Enchantment Item Level X Enchantment Coefficient (0.075). So that, it would make sense for it to be 11.25. Magnitude = 150 X 0.075.

It doesn't seem to be affecting Live at the moment so I think they may have ninja fixed it on Live.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    IMO it doesnt make sense that they will nerf it.

They buffed it in the combat rework, why would they buff it when a nerf was coming? If they didnt touch it we could have doubts but well who knows
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    It only bothers me that the account bound of the bilethorn was not mentioned :/
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

It only bothers me that the account bound of the bilethorn was not mentioned :/

Still waiting for an answer from support if this is intended. Ticked created Thursday Feb 11th.
  • zessa#2836 zessa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Can anyone confirm if the mount is account-wide, or just claimable by one toon?
    Edit: Oh, never mind. :3 I found my answer in another thread. Enchantment is account bound and beetle mount is account-wide, according to that.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Here is your answer for the enchantment..This is when I sent in a ticket.

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I apologize for the late reply. I understand that you would like to check what the developers' take on why the enchantment that comes from the Heartfelt Pack bound. We are unable to receive any reply from them when we submit players' inquiries, feedback, and suggestions. In cases like these, we recommend posting in the forums and social media pages.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

I was curious on it too, but looking back on it, I believe its due to be a promotional pack. Kind of makes sense when you think about it. You buy the pack with zen and get that back instantly in game. You also get free items for buying the zen pack. I can see people exploiting this to their advantage. Buy the pack and sell the item in game for about 15+ million which would seem like double dipping at the expense of the players. If we did not get the zen for this purchase, then I could see people complaining not getting what they paid for. Yes it does not state account bound, but technically free. Would I like it unbound? Yes absolutely, but being a special promo that is essentially free item when the zen you buy comes back to you kinda why I understand why they did this. I do wish it was up front with players as I am sure many would not of purchased the pack if they knew this would be the outcome. I do want more packs like this in the future as an option. I love cosmetic items, as I am sure other players do as well. Would probably be best to assume if its a promo pack down the road that most likely things will be bound to the account unless stated otherwise. Hopefully one of cryptic's devs will confirm this officially.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    @winteranesti

Most players understand that. The question is whether its worth buying for "THEM". Many factors in play. Perhaps $50 costs them $75 right now due to life circumstances. Maybe they already have r15 bilethorn and 10x account bound mounts. Maybe they are saving their money for a 25% bonus zen sale because they don't have a use for the extra items. That's why it matters whether they can be sold or whether the items can be used by every alt they have without porting the items, which is inconvenient. In short, Cryptic loses some sales because players are afraid to spend money when they don't really know what they are getting. Sometimes they lose players entirely, because they are tired of taking a chance, and then finding out they overpaid, or paid more for less. The standard $50 Zen package does add bonus zen.
    Well, as written above, not mentioning the binding status properly for the enchantment in the news is the real problem, not that the enchantment is bound to account right from the start.

Therefore why not simply make the enchantment reclaimable for all characters? I mean it's not like the players can sell it anyway. I'm pretty sure there're a few players out there, that would be very happy with such an "upgrade" for this pack...
    Want to know why?