test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you even test the updates?

Since the new combat system I've been able to solo groups in Avernus, but when I get mobbed in old areas I need to pop several potions.
Seriously, wtf have you done? Old content is supposed to feel easier. When having all rank 15's and the best gear, you should be able to obliterate enemies in old areas...
This feels really demotivating to play the game. Is there a group of people that actually play and test before you release an update like this? No-one thought of checking, "mmmmh the adds in Phantasmal fortress are two-hitting you, maybe we need to tweak something."

If things would change with the new Sharandar area, I could understand... You know.. OK, these mounts/companions/rings aren't going to cut it here, we need to grind new gear... Fine... but this update is by far the worst I've seen on any of the games I've ever played.
Yes, I sound salty and bitter. I have put a lot of time and money in the game, I'm entitled to be pissed off.
Tagged:

Comments

• alphanate#0863 alphanate Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    It takes me like 5 minutes to kill a shaman in chult now...
  • siberiantig#5080 siberiantig Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have to agree with you guys. This update is absolutely awful!
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I think the update is fine... all they need to do is remove scaling in adventure zones and keep it in dungeons. It makes no sense to be scaled in adventure zones. They've done this before and it worked well ever since.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• r2d2rogwar#6972 r2d2rogwar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    While i understand their intent to try and level the game their efforts fell seriously flat. Ok....more like epic FAIL!!!!

DUSTCOW nailed it with "Since the new combat system I've been able to solo groups in Avernus, but when I get mobbed in old areas I need to pop several potions.
    Seriously, wtf have you done? Old content is supposed to feel easier. When having all rank 15's and the best gear, you should be able to obliterate enemies in old areas...
    This feels really demotivating to play the game. Is there a group of people that actually play and test before you release an update like this? No-one thought of checking, "mmmmh the adds in Phantasmal fortress are two-hitting you, maybe we need to tweak something."

I admit my toons aren't and weren't tweeked to the Max, but a level 80 (pick a class) with 30+k equipment shouldn't take 5 min to kill a shaman in chult, or a group of basic cultist in Well of Dragons....hell, those "one dot" black dragon cultists when the grow to the enhanced version are tougher than many bosses.

I have fewer issues with my DPS toons but they are now suddenly "squishy" despite have 50 - 60 DEF and "one dot" mobs tear me a new HAMSTER if they even come close to getting cmbt advantage. Pop potion after potion on basic solo runs that use to be easy.

I now hate playing my Tank, cleric and paladin...they've been NERF'd NERF'd NERF'd. swinging until my controller batteries run out just to kill basic mobs and that's with gear from wasteland area....stupid crazy!! Worse than before i got the Undermountain Gear back in the old system.

Now grinding to get what we need to keep the Guild House moving takes for bloody ever....took long enough before but even basic Phantasmal Fortress solo runs add 5 min plus to the support toons (tank/pal/cleric)....use to run through it in about 3-4 min depending load screen time.

I get the developers are blowing off the players and ignoring our comments. I've really enjoyed the solo ability and minor group play prior to this....now....not so much. I've not been with the game since inception, just the last 18 months but seriously thinking about moving on if they don't "adjust". Maybe getting rid of the scaling in adventure zones will do it...gotta be better than what's out there now.

Ok...i'll stop my rant but i sure as hell hope the developers get a clue that their bright idea isn't working and currently sucks pond water.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

While i understand their intent to try and level the game their efforts fell seriously flat. Ok....more like epic FAIL!!!!

I now hate playing my Tank, cleric and paladin...they've been NERF'd NERF'd NERF'd. swinging until my controller batteries run out just to kill basic mobs and that's with gear from wasteland area....stupid crazy!! Worse than before i got the Undermountain Gear back in the old system.

Now grinding to get what we need to keep the Guild House moving takes for bloody ever....took long enough before but even basic Phantasmal Fortress solo runs add 5 min plus to the support toons (tank/pal/cleric)....use to run through it in about 3-4 min depending load screen time.

Your main is a Pally? That would make sense of your experience (Fighters even on DPS path are also finding it harder due to their powers not being as good as many other DPS classes).

My main (was) a Pally - now it's Cleric followed by Ranger and I'm gearing up my Rogue. Your Cleric can be very effective if you run a loadout as DPS (arbiter) and use a good build/rotation. Use Arbiter for all solo content if you aren't already. I've mothballed my Pally until they possibly implement some changes to the class at some point in the future.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • r2d2rogwar#6972 r2d2rogwar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thanks Armadeonx for the suggestions. The Pally is an Alt....one of my least equipped too. My Main is Barbarian Blademaster followed by Warlock, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, Fighter and Paladin (in TIL order). I was hoping to avoid respec'ing any of them but i fear that won't be an option if i want to continue to play them, especially the support classes. I do solo a lot but like to be a decent contributor when i team up. It will be awhile before i decide to put time and effort into the Paladin but i definitely want to get my Cleric back to being worthwhile again.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Neverwinter completely turned to Darwin's Game.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪