test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Hunts Guide

percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Guides

Greetings adventurers,

Here is the complete guide about Barovia hunts, realized by @melyssandria#5231, @wirios and @percemer.

Reminder: To start, we invite you to have a look on Developer Blog: The Monster Hunts of Barovia.

Your First Hunt:
Direfang

“Direfang is a dangerous undead dire wolf. First hunted down and killed by a farmer for attacking his family, its body was discarded in the Ivlis River. Downstream, a young necromancer, shunned for his abilities, found the dire wolf corpse and reanimated it. He gleefully set it loose upon the village. After the evening’s slaughter, the dire wolf returned to the necromancer, who smiled and opened his arms in welcome to his new friend. The creature, soaked with viscera and in a murderous frenzy leapt into the young man’s embrace and much to his surprise, devoured him whole.
A terrifying sight to see, it is said that Direfang only appears to those about to die.”

imageimage

Bolgera

“Crafted by witches' hands long ago, Bolgera was given the size and power to be an unbreakable guardian of the coven. After constructing his great form of fire-hardened wood, green straw from the cursed meadows, and clothing from fallen champions, a poultice of powerful magic was applied. After the dark incantations were spoken, to the witches' surprise, Bolgera came to life in a rage, tossing aside his creators and escaping into the forest. The witches cut their scarecrow recipe to a quarter strength after that. Bolgera is not fast, but he swings a devastating attack and many swords have shattered trying to cut him down.”

Gnarly Jak

“Once there was a curious child named Susanna, who wanted something new and interesting to grow in her garden. She found a strange seed pod while walking near the Whispering Woods and planted it in her planter box. Susanna watered it and watched it sprout and grow. She sang to it every day and in only a few months it had grown almost as tall as her. It wasn’t like anything she’d ever seen before, it grew into a twisted knot of roots and branches in the shape of a man, but before long it had grown much taller than one. She called him Gnarly Jak.
Soon after, thieves came to rob Susanna’s home and the little girl fled into the night. Hearing Susanna’s screams, Gnarly Jak pulled himself from the planter box and stormed into the men, crushing them into the ground. He ran off looking for Susanna and killed anyone that crossed is path. They say he’s still looking for Susanna to this day.”

Lycosa

“Some say that Lycosa is simply a freakishly large spider while others claim the beast was magically transformed from a house spider. The story at the local tavern is that Lycosa is a sorceress trapped in spider form. She demonstrates more than normal intelligence for a spider and is rumored to have constructed hidden passages around Barovia. This would explain how she has remained untraceable and how she attacks from almost anywhere at any time, disappearing again just as easily. These tales make for entertaining campfire talk and stories to keep children in their beds at night, but no one knows the truth.”

Percemer
EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
----------
Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• bemery#9836 bemery Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Thanks
  • jaqenhghar#1062 jaqenhghar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you, it will make it easier to acquire better gear items.
  • mordingardmordingard Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Thank you, it will make it easier to acquire better gear items.

I think the gear drops are broken since the last patch. Ran 6 hunts with cards, no drop (aside from the card boxes). Does anybody know if they reduce the drop rate or is it broken?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Does anyone know if the gear drop from the hunt mob (ex. Decaying Habit) is affected by:
    1. Number of players in the party? (Do full parties drop more?)
    2. Number or value of cards played on the hunt?
    Anecdotally, I see far more drops in parties than solo, but I also stopped running solo after about 15 posters of no gear drops.
  • madmatter#4672 madmatter Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    @dupeks this past Sunday, ran about 8 Gnarly Jak hunts with 3 other guildies. NO DROPS. I took lead, ran 1 Gnarly Jak with 1 Epic and 2 Rare cards and bam! Got my Knotted Garbs
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@dupeks this past Sunday, ran about 8 Gnarly Jak hunts with 3 other guildies. NO DROPS. I took lead, ran 1 Gnarly Jak with 1 Epic and 2 Rare cards and bam! Got my Knotted Garbs

I got my Knotted Garbs on my first try, with no cards.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Anecdotally for me, there doesn't seem to be a strong association with cards played vs. mob drops.

There does appear to be an association with more players in party vs mob drops. But it could be spurious, my sample size is small...
  • renestansrenestans Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thanks, very useful information
  • robert77#4247 robert77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks, an interesting guide
  • august#4195 august Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you, it was interesting. Good job!
  • thankyou