test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T-Rex in Soshenstar take no damage

melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
So, the past few days i have started doing Chult hunts for the transmutes and for the fun of it.
In Omu things are good.

In Soshenstar River, though, the Tyrannosaurs, the ones that drop the lure you need for all 1-star hunts, takes too low damage. Its like it has some permanent very high damage mitigation/resistance. Whenever i hit it there are blue numbers that you get when you are hitting someone with a shield. The dino's in Omu would take me a few seconds to kill. One of those things took me 4 minutes. And, mind you, while i am a tank, im 44-45k item level, i have decent damage. It shouldnt really take me that long to kill something in an area from 3 years ago.

Comments

• sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    melechest said:

So, the past few days i have started doing Chult hunts for the transmutes and for the fun of it.
    In Omu things are good.

In Soshenstar River, though, the Tyrannosaurs, the ones that drop the lure you need for all 1-star hunts, takes too low damage. Its like it has some permanent very high damage mitigation/resistance. Whenever i hit it there are blue numbers that you get when you are hitting someone with a shield. The dino's in Omu would take me a few seconds to kill. One of those things took me 4 minutes. And, mind you, while i am a tank, im 44-45k item level, i have decent damage. It shouldnt really take me that long to kill something in an area from 3 years ago.

That has always been 1 of the tougher critters, even before the latest changes it was not a quick kill for most people.
    Edit: Well the big guy definitely has his MoJo back. He's doable took maybe 2 minutes to solo went faster with some help.
    Post edited by sjl3#9586 on
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    You have to consider though, Soshenstar is lower item level area. People who are not some 40k+, especially if they are healers or tanks will struggle to kill one of them. As a 45k tank it took me 4 minutes, the 30k that go in there will need a lot more.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I can kill him with my 46K+ dps fighter within 30 seconds if i have daily (without mirage set :cold_sweat: ). I gave fangs to people in the zone. Mostly tanks. So probably he's pia for tanks... I'am collecting that lich's quests for mounts so i lurking there.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    You are forgetting, 3 years old means nothing to Cryptic. Everything is now current content and supposed to be a major challenge.
  • nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    yeah this might be something like that baitiri shaman buff in which it has a lot of hp, ive killed so many things on omu but this trex and shaman takes 3-5 minutes of vicious clicking, all this scaling is whack
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User

I can kill him with my 46K+ dps fighter within 30 seconds if i have daily (without mirage set :cold_sweat: ). I gave fangs to people in the zone. Mostly tanks. So probably he's pia for tanks... I'am collecting that lich's quests for mounts so i lurking there.

The lich's quest are in Omu that's a different Dino

The quests you are doing are in Omu, which is the second Chult area. I'm talking about Soshenstar River. The things in Omu, while cant be one-shot by most, they can be taken down fairly easy.
    You make a point though, 46k+ dps shouldnt have a problem killing anything quite fast. But, as you said, its not the same for everyone else.
    edited February 2021

yeah this might be something like that baitiri shaman buff in which it has a lot of hp, ive killed so many things on omu but this trex and shaman takes 3-5 minutes of vicious clicking, all this scaling is whack

Didnt try to kill the Batiri Shaman. After fighting the first t-rex hunt mark i got frustrated and left.
    The t-rex's seem to have to issues. One is that they have too much HP. The second is, when you are hitting him, there are many blue numbers popping up and, from what i know, blue numbers indicate that something is mitigating damage, either a shield or straight up damage mitigation. And the damage dealt, the yellow numbers, are much smaller than whta they would normally be.
    For reference, i have only seen the blue numbers when something hits me when i block it with my shield, while i have a shield, when i have the Stalwart Golden Lion next to me, which offers 10% damage mitigation around it, or under the effect of one of Angel of Protection encounters, which gives 50% damage mitigation.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The t-rex wasn't intended to be something that was soloed.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    greywynd said:

The t-rex wasn't intended to be something that was soloed.

And yet we all did, even when the campaign was new ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    When the campaign was new several people were hunting them. I can still do the all-rex-spawns-route with my eyes closed.

You can try to wait for somebody else or ask in zone if somebody farms them - thats more likely to happen than adjusting rex now.

For reference, everything that used to be tanky in Soshenstar is even worse now. I have a halfway decent toon hunting Hedetet and people thankfully helped me - not because it was impossible, but it took forever.
    I kill T2/T3 hunts in Omu alone in 1/8 of the time. Not new, but very easy to see now.

e. It's easier to find people to hunt with than you might think - some people still try to fill their collection pages, some are bored, some have never done it and want to see it once - so to anybody that thinks that nobody cares about it just because it's old, you might find others if you try. If not, ask for help in zone, or in guild.

Its way easier than hoping some change is coming in whatever shape, when there is not even a statement out on the state of the game and how WAI it is.

*edit for hunting with people, not hunting people. no pvp
    - bye bye -
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

Totally agree about the shaman. Instead of vicious clicking though just hold the button down. =P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Tyrannosaurs are designed to have 80% unmitigatable damage resistance as long as they are upright. Once you knock them on the ground, they have the standard damage resistance - though I have no idea what that means in the current system. That was what the devs ended up with on Preview before mod 12 went live.

Lots of hits, really fast will knock them down from what I've seen. DoTs really help with this.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Took me at least 5 minutes to solo one... while it couldn't kill me I couldn't do squat to it. I had 2 groups of compys spawn which helped me kill it.... when they weren't busy destroying me..

Not fun