test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Changes - Launch Live Issues

12345679»

Comments

• onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User

@nitocris83 That's one problem of many. As somebody who has spent over 2 years building my character and getting all high level gear I'm angry that I'm being scaled down in content while somebody who has been playing 2 months is scaled up to do the same amount of damage as me. If someone has put in the time, effort and money to get top level gear, enchantments, boons, companions, mounts & insignia I think it's within reason to assume their damage output should be significantly higher than a new or casual player. I've worked hard to be strong and you're scaling me down to a point that it feels worthless.

There's also the crappy rewards for completing dungeons. If I'm scaled down and it takes a half hour or more to complete, again, it's within reason to assume I should get a decent reward. A black pearl and lvl 400 gear for a different class is a joke. Why would I ever stay in a Cragmire Crypts REDQ? I'd rather just abandon it then waste time, potions and scrolls. If every dungeon is equally difficult then I want to collect cool new things from every one of them. At end game I have little to no use for legacy campaign currency. I want mounts and companions I don't yet have, fashion, dyes, vanity pets, or things that are actually worth posting on the auction house to get a few astral diamonds. I'm not saying I should walk out of every dungeon with something new to me, but I should walk out with something of value. I can't even tell you how many times I've re-rolled the chest in TIC 5 times just to get some chaotic writings and seals. That's the most recent dungeon and the rewards are consistently junk. There's no replay value if there's no reward.

I could adjust to a new combat system with floating caps. What I'm having a real issue with is the scaling and rewards. And I really hope that is addressed within the next couple of weeks, not in a couple months or down the line on your road map. At this point I'm just logging in to collect my keys, but when my VIP runs out I won't be renewing it unless these issues are resolved. I started playing STO in season 1, I've been a loyal customer who happily spent money in these games for YEARS, and after this debacle, I'm ready to walk away and give my money to a company who gives something back to their players. You can do better.

you are absolutly right! I can understand the scaling, but the damage should not be scaled this hard.
    If I play since forever this game and no get downgraded to a player who plays for 1 month it's just wrong.
    The whole concept of upgrading stuff is wron if you can't get anything out of your upgrades.

I can understand that players get upscaled a bit so they can run more dungeons faster - I can not understand to scale players down this much - especially on damage!

Its a own goal what happened here. If I play on xbox (I have a 46k dc and a 45k cw). You can't play most dungeon with cw. He's too weak - and because of scaling you can't outgear a dungenon what means - run t9 and you see a cw? kick him! not fair? sure! but it's too weak and class balance is more important than before. Class balance ist the bigges Issue this games had for years and now you need it because you can't outgear some dungeons. I stopped queueing with my cw completly.

fast solution:

if you queue for a dungeon and you need 30k for it upscale people to 30k and upscale the damage if you want.
    If a player with 40k is in the dungeon - then downscale the stats like crits power and so on but give him some percentage additional damage to the 30k because the guy has a 40k char! And if a 50k char enters give him even more % on damage.
    This way it's usefull to upgrade you chars.

If everyone is the same - well I recomment to simulate dungeons - so I click what i want to run - and after 20 minutes it gives me AD and a reward or tells me that i failed. There is no point running it myself because my char and my playstyle doesn't make any difference.
    It's getting boring fast!

• bigbug#9733 bigbug Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i'm out. goodbye "overpowered" neverwinter.
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Let's see here if they listen to me. Why have all the powers of the classes been increased and those of the cleric arbiter not? Powers have been increased but the stacks and their ratings wouldn't appear to have been increased, accidentaly nerfed? Why do these remain the same as the old combat system? indeed, even the devoted cleric does not care well. You have really neglected the cleric in general...
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The real change I just can’t grasp my mind around is our Dmg... before the changes my at will with crit hits we’re doing around 140k ....solo
    Now with higher base damage, higher magnitudes ,my offensives except accuracy at 90% my non deflected crit hits WITH combat advantage procd for my at will is at 120k? Is that supposed to be that way???
    I’m assuming the system must work the same way as it did before on power and severity and because our power and crit severity stops at caps it’s impossible to hit like we used too..?
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @mikewho#5331 said:
    > The real change I just can’t grasp my mind around is our Dmg... before the changes my at will with crit hits we’re doing around 140k ....solo
    > Now with higher base damage, higher magnitudes ,my offensives except accuracy at 90% my non deflected crit hits WITH combat advantage procd for my at will is at 120k? Is that supposed to be that way???
    > I’m assuming the system must work the same way as it did before on power and severity and because our power and crit severity stops at caps it’s impossible to hit like we used too..?

Agreed
    My45kil fighter is lucky to get 5000 on a Crit for an at will as a Tank.
    I might as well have a rubber ducky in my hand.
    I’m not kitting out the DPS side yet as I have very limited resources and it’s so buggy and everything is being nerfed because reasons.
    No point.
    Probably going to put all alts away and just use one character to collect key till VIP ends.
    Getting too stressful and disheartening to play with so many folks leaving and all sense of as accomplishment gone.
    Why grind for gear when the end gamers are going to get it nerfed, why raise a companion when it will be nerfed for the same reasons.
    I just want to play and have fun, but it’s been 1 step forward and 10 back.
    I’ve already wasted so much time and resources in things that I just don’t want to do it any more.
  • nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    ene#5785 said:

Let's see here if they listen to me. Why have all the powers of the classes been increased and those of the cleric arbiter not? Powers have been increased but the stacks and their ratings wouldn't appear to have been increased, accidentaly nerfed? Why do these remain the same as the old combat system? indeed, even the devoted cleric does not care well. You have really neglected the cleric in general...

sad for a paladin too who doesnt get any dps paragon/power forte at all, and a pally is still viable but only if you've been playing long enough to get 50% or more comp/mount bolster
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Do you think they are actually trying to get lower log in numbers to put a end to the game ...? But if not I think the best way to solve this is still raise our magnitudes more and have comp ACBs to stats have a a lot higher %s we’d do a bit more damage and we would have more room for dividing stat %s on our ACBs
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
  • michael#6798 michael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Equipment Appearance Change Extra AD Base cost BUG - Since the changes, my appearance change screen has 2000 AD cost on one character and 1000 AD cost on the other with NO changes. If I make any change, even color, which only costs gold, I now have a base 1000/2000 AD cost on top of whatever the cost of the change is. That's additional AD cost EVERY change. I have screenshots but don't know how to post them here. In game bug reports have been made twice. New to the forums, hence this delay. My appearances were all changed with the combat changes as well. Also, inspecting people who have made no change since the update shows them as naked. Any thoughts?
  • bjb#1016 bjb Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Equipment Appearance Change Extra AD Base cost BUG - Since the changes, my appearance change screen has 2000 AD cost on one character and 1000 AD cost on the other with NO changes. If I make any change, even color, which only costs gold, I now have a base 1000/2000 AD cost on top of whatever the cost of the change is. That's additional AD cost EVERY change. I have screenshots but don't know how to post them here. In game bug reports have been made twice. New to the forums, hence this delay. My appearances were all changed with the combat changes as well. Also, inspecting people who have made no change since the update shows them as naked. Any thoughts?

I have one thought on the subject, but it's somewhat cynical. As we have noticed, the result of the combat changes is that the stats of players are now scaled in such a way that less advanced players can fight the same enemies as well advanced strong players and do an almost equal amount of damage. In a thread on Reddit I read that this was apparently (or should I say supposedly?) done to please new players who complained about not being able to really participate in a number of skirmishes/dungeons because advanced players ran ahead and killed off most of the enemies before the weaker players could even take part in the fighting. On Reddit, it was suggested that ARC favored the complaining weaker players over the experienced stronger players because new players spend more ZEN/money on gear and stuff than experienced players who have already obtained a lot of stuff.

Now here's my thought: if cold hard ZEN really IS the reason behind the combat changes, then you should ENJOY paying AD for every appearance change as long and as much as you can, because we're probably just one update away from paying ZEN for every change. Sorry for being cynical - but in all fairness, I did warn you in advance ;)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Fix the bug by going to an unbugged loadout and hit the Apply to All button on the affected slot several times. If you have different appearances, you'll have to rebuild them but it will clear the persistent cost.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Cleric Arbiter. Why haven't the magnitudes of the burning and radiant judgments been increased? Why have the magnitudes of the encounter powers not been increased by the same amount as for the other classes? Accidental Nerf?
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Charged Defiance not working or your bonus does not activate an incone in the buff bar;

Frozen Storyteller's Journal in your description indicates that there is an increase of 10% defense (buff? was 5%), but live there is no gain of any status.

Greater Red Dragon Glyph (overload) your description remains as armor penetration gain.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Rangers encounters that using grasping roots are still bugged ... all of them.
    Will that ever be fixed?