test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Improvements to TR

claudiodnclaudiodn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Hi, I'm an active TR player, and I noticed that TR is the weakest “pure DPS” class in the final trial of the game.
I am noticing that the "TR" class community is "shrinking" within the game, in the forum aimed at the class, do not see many people charging improvements of gameplay to the class, I created this topic for people who like the class and have ideas how the class could be implemented. Share your ideas/improvements if u wishes.

I believe all TR players who arrived at the "endgame" realized that the Assassin's Paragon Feats, are pretty obvious choices. I marked some feats that are not used by most TRs, and how they could be improved.
Note: this is my opinion and opinions of some friends. This does not mean that all players in the class think the same way.

° Assassin's Target:
Particularly, by chatting with some players who play with the TR, all agree that the bonus of damage Assassin's Target grants to single target is much lower than the damage that 3 ~ 4 staks that Toxic blades cause on the same target, making Assassin's Target a "disposable" feat. This feat should grant a higher damage bonus, and for all skills the TR has.

°Hastily Sharpened Blades:
  This feat is undoubtedly the most useless feat of the Assassin's paragon, for "endgame" players who already have the critical cap, it is not useful. Back Alley Tactics is an obvious choice when comparing both feats. An obvious change would be to have Hastily sharpened blades increase the critical cap from 50% to 60%, or rework it to give critical severity bonuses.

Shadow's Flurry and Execution, in my opinion, both are optional, represent less than 1% of all my damage dealt in a run in Tomm, and hardly help with damage and selfbuff. Shadow's flurry is another case of choice half obvious compared to Execution, but the damage that Shadows's flurry provides, should be a little higher compared to the current state. Execution it should be changed to "when an enemy has under 50% life, your attacks have a 10% chance..."

Sorry for my text, English is not my primary language, but I hope u can understand >.<

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I like that someone has posted up ideas for TR. However, maybe your should make a poll so we all can voice our opinions on the skills feats and encounters we feel are no good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • egedoga#9111 egedoga Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    M 19 give the tr players last word; go out! Our best dmg skill Assassinate and if you use it effectively try to hit from back or use stealth... So it has 650 magnitude. gwf skills 900-1000, fighter 1000, paladin has much, cleric also etc... So I want to ask one thing ; is TR dps? Or maybe I dont know tr enough. Maybe I must learn much for play tr. But at dungeons, areas I see this issue: I have 170+ k power , gwf-fighter-others have 150k power and they do much dmg. Please teach me; am I wrong or game forgot tr's?
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Sadly, Rogue is the only class that Devs think to be in line with what they want. In the meantime other classes got buffs (some others "nerfs" but I would prefer to say fixes) and rogues stayed same and unchanged. We're slowly going to the bottom DPS tier at this rate, but, for now, we can still keep up our damage. On boss fights focus on keeping up bleeds from duelist's flurry as much as you can. It's the only way we can run behind other dps classes
  • claudiodnclaudiodn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Unfortunately, after so long this post, nothing has changed.
    Rogue is the class abandoned by the Devs...
  • serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    If you think rogue it's the weakest dps, try cw, then sw, then gf, you'll immediately change your point of view.
  • jaakal#3133 jaakal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I need help with my rogue.my stats special crit sev crit strike accuracy always the same whether in combat or stand still.Goristos helmet and ribcage do not stack.
  • jaakal#3133 jaakal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Is this bug only by me?
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Have you played pvp? Rouges murder people lol.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Have you played pvp? Rouges murder people lol.

Last mod sure, we used to be among the best PVP classes, but not so much in mod 20. We are close to the bottom of the PVP totem poll this mod so far. Fighter and warlock are OP, ranger and wizard are temporarily OP. Dps cleric probably next one down from that but not many people play it, it could be stronger than expected too. After that, its rogue, barbarian, paladin.

Only the 2 or 3 strongest and most skilled rogues do well anymore per platform so far.

I haven't kept up with PVE much in long time, so no idea where rogue falls in PVE this mod.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @trgluestickz said:
    > Last mod sure, we used to be among the best PVP classes, but not so much in mod 20. We are close to the bottom of the PVP totem poll this mod so far. Fighter and warlock are OP, ranger and wizard are temporarily OP. Dps cleric probably next one down from that but not many people play it, it could be stronger than expected too. After that, its rogue, barbarian, paladin.
    >
    > Only the 2 or 3 strongest and most skilled rogues do well anymore per platform so far.
    >
    > I haven't kept up with PVE much in long time, so no idea where rogue falls in PVE this mod.

Welcome to the party barbarian aka still pretty much gwf have always been near the bottom and have only been decent two maybe 3 mods lol.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2021

> @trgluestickz said:

> Last mod sure, we used to be among the best PVP classes, but not so much in mod 20. We are close to the bottom of the PVP totem poll this mod so far. Fighter and warlock are OP, ranger and wizard are temporarily OP. Dps cleric probably next one down from that but not many people play it, it could be stronger than expected too. After that, its rogue, barbarian, paladin.

>

> Only the 2 or 3 strongest and most skilled rogues do well anymore per platform so far.

>

> I haven't kept up with PVE much in long time, so no idea where rogue falls in PVE this mod.

Welcome to the party barbarian aka still pretty much gwf have always been near the bottom and have only been decent two maybe 3 mods lol.

Barbarian was really good in PVP over last few mods, some considered it among the top classes, others thought it was slightly below some of the others. It was definitely competitive though.

The reason why both rogue and barbarian are among the worst in PVP in mod 20 is our two classes have the worst consistency/sustain for our rotations. We have the longest wait inbetween being able to do good damage in a PVP setting. All the classes with better sustain/consistency are top tier this mod, fighter, warlock, ranger, wizard.

-

In rogue's case, we were dependent on not just 1 but 2 damage stats (crit sev & CA). This gave us ludicrously high dps per rotation compared to everything else, in exchange for not being as good at applying constant pressure to our opponents. We can run out of stuff easier and have to wait longer essentially. Sustain/consistency is more valuable for winning than high dps per rotation is, so rogue even last mod was slightly less good for winning than fighter and ranger were, but rogue was still considered OP because of how insane our dps was.

This mod we don't have enough base dps to offset losing a huge chunk of our 2 important damage stats. Our damage has been cut almost in half. Sustain/consistency has remained the same for the rogue class due to not getting any class adjustments and our magnitude isn't high enough to offset our dependency on those 2 damage stats.

Rogue's consistency/sustain problems partly stem from us having a long base stealth recharge time ever since mod 16 launched. Whisperknife has the most extreme case of this, they take 12.5 (up to 22 seconds if getting hit) in PVP to regain their stealth, and they are completely dependent on stealth to do high damage. Assassin can permanently shorten their stealth recharge time via a feat to 6 seconds (around 8 through 10 seconds if getting hit) and is a little bit less dependent on stealth for damage, but even with this they still have sustain/consistency issues.

-

In barbarian's case, they also wait a long time to dish out the bulk of their damage in PVP. What I'm seeing this mod so far, is barbarian dps is awful. But they do have one thing going for them, they are insanely tanky this mod, easily one of the hardest classes to kill. Part of that is how barbarians like to build on PC, all of them except a few of the best ones are used to building to be tanky. But it also doesn't appear there is much barbarian could change to put out enough dps this mod. Being the tankyest player in the room isn't very useful compared to being able to do high dps, so barbarian is also in similar boat as rogue.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC