test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

limit max zen on an account to 100000 with an announcement before hand

gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
to force a sell off and drive the cost of zen on the ad exchange down and take away the backlog.

Comments

• pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    You do realise that at current prices 100K zen is 75 million AD . There are most likely quite a few big whales who easily have that and more on several characters but the majority of the players would be nowhere near this value ( prior to the bonding turn ins recently though ) .
    The zen to AD exchange is driven by people buying ZEN with cash and then converting it to AD to buy items . The backlog is due to people now having more AD but a lack of Zen exchange as there isn't enough items that people then want to purchase .
    So creating a max limit of Zen will do diddly squat to the backlog except make it larger .
    So it's a bit of a non starter idea .

Plus people buying Zen from cryptic is how they make money . Your idea would limit their finances which would be even more of a non starter .
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    How about actually creating stuff worth buying with AD instead. Skins, effects, cosmetics, useful and unique items and gear, unlocked-boxes, etc; - field's wide open
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    pelgrax, a few years ago it was a few people , no idea of the numbers now, but im sure its more than you think it is.... limit their finances? you thnk people drop more than $1000 a pop on the game? wow, how much do you spend in one sitting? and if you do, thanks for supporting my habit.... also, the backlog on xbox is pretty recent... like 2 months tops, right now its currently 20 mil because of the bonding turn in, probably ps4 too, pc is screwed probably no matter what but console, where new money is coming from is still salvageable

How about actually creating stuff worth buying with AD instead. Skins, effects, cosmetics, useful and unique items and gear, unlocked-boxes, etc; - field's wide open

yea that too, as fortnight has shown, people spend ridiculous amounts on skins..... no affect on the game whatso ever other than financing the developers

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Why does people keep on thinking they want to remove the backlog at all?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Giving more players more reasons to buy zen and convert it to AD means more money coming in, doesn't it?
    A constipated exchange can't be a symptom of good health.
    edited February 2021

Giving more players more reasons to buy zen and convert it to AD means more money coming in, doesn't it?
    A constipated exchange can't be a symptom of good health.
    Making people to buy Zen is the goal. A long backlog gives one extra reason to buy Zen using money. One long backlog also means people wants Zen. There is no good financial reason (beyond PR) for Cryptic to ease the backlog. For what they have been doing in the past year, they step by step making sure there would be a long backlog.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    @plasticbat Do you think it's working?
    edited February 2021

@plasticbat Do you think it's working?

Does it matter? They are doing it to make sure the backlog is longer and longer. Why would they change the course? Why would they invest resource and time to find another way to counter their own action? If they want to do something about the backlog, they could just stop adding more and more AD to the game. They don't even bother to increase rAD (too slow). They just increase AD directly now.
    By working - I meant, are they really pulling in more money this way - Is encouraging a backlog proving to be a successful strategy.

Maybe it is. They are still paying the bills, and they haven't had to spend time and resources designing extra tidbits to get people to pay like so many other games do. If it is working. I suppose it's a clever solution for its sheer simplicity.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Max zen on the account.... lol no no no

Why put a limit on the amount of Real Money currency that players are able to buy? This idea would never work, and not meet the intentions of helping with the backlog, if anything it would drive up the prices on wards and upgrade tokens because of the limiting of supply.
  • locrianollocrianol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    No matter the problem, having Zen offers up for over 3 months is unacceptable. I won't be playing with no VIP. I'll just move my happy lil a%& back to STO...Between cryptic's garbage new system and this scaling, and long waits on zen, it's like they're trying to kill the game completely.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    I have been playing for 18 months without vip. Actually I never had VIP. It's not that important. If you won't play without it, you can always buy one for real money. It's not expensive anyway. That's an option for people who don't want to wait. But with good planning there should't be problem with vip... Anyway. I read few weeks ago here on forum - once upon a time it took 6+ months to get zen from ad... I don't think they'll change anything soon about that/backlog.

I have been playing for 18 months without vip. Actually I never had VIP. It's not that important. If you won't play without it, you can always buy one for real money. It's not expensive anyway. That's an option for people who don't want to wait. But with good planning there should't be problem with vip... Anyway. I read few weeks ago here on forum - once upon a time it took 6+ months to get zen from ad... I don't think they'll change anything soon about that/backlog.

oh once you have vip with all the bells and whistles unlocked.... the convenience is hard to go without

Max zen on the account.... lol no no no

Why put a limit on the amount of Real Money currency that players are able to buy? This idea would never work, and not meet the intentions of helping with the backlog, if anything it would drive up the prices on wards and upgrade tokens because of the limiting of supply.

same answer I gave above to the same question you thnk people drop more than $1000 a pop on the game? wow, how much do you spend in one sitting? and if you do, thanks for supporting my habit.... also, the backlog on xbox is pretty recent... like 2 months tops, right now its currently 20 mil because of the bonding turn in, probably ps4 too, pc is screwed probably no matter what but console, where new money is coming from is still salvageable