test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of bosses and mobs with stranger HP scaling

grizord2#2543 grizord2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hi, this is a list of mobs that have a stranger amount of hp that i found while playing. Fell free to contribute on comments.

Valindras Tower: 2º boss has a lot of hp comparable to Valindra (reduce his Hp, DON'T increase Valindra's)

Malabog Castle: 1 and 2º bosses are dying in 2 seconds, don't if it was a bug or they really don't have any Hp.

Cradle of the Death God: Baby giant god has too much hp for random pug groups to beat (been failing a lot cause no enough damage on the dps checks), it's decent for a skilled group. Also, theirs a bug when after finishing the fight, the boss will do another attack rotation. As right now, CoDG seems unplayable with and for new players.

Svardborg: The D.o.t damage from Manticores its to aggressive and means wipe when the healer don't know what to do (not so scaling related)

Totng: last boss fight is extremely hard. "I didn't have big problems with my healer" cause everyone was dying so fast (didn't test with a experienced group).

SpeelPlague: Not any big issues apparently, All bosses are working fine in a decent time but they're doing no damage on my tank; mobs can be sometimes overwhelming especially for new player.

Temple of Spiders: Did some fine runs, 1 and 2 bosses are taking about 2 minutes to kill even with a now skilled group, last boss takes way longer (about 5) but is manageable.

lair of Losthmauth: Last mobs before boss are way stronger than any other in the rest of the dungeon; Last boss still having bug mechanics related to the fire.

Legacies Zones:

Sharandar and Omu: Batiri Shaman has way too much hp.

Dread Ring: Did everything as before, even speed run in the mini dungeons, mobs are hitting harder but its not a huge inconvenient.

Sharandar: Just as above.

Barovia: Just as above.

Wyllowwood: the scaling in the heroic encounters is painful, and since the zone is always dead its kinda hard do keep up, mobs are hitting very hard, sometimes more than expected, i saw a lot of leveling players dying (its was already reported on pc bugs that some Undermountain areas seems to have mobs with stranger damage values).

Generally concern:
1- Apparently all big mobs including Hunts are doing almost no damage even on Dps characters.
2- 20-25k players are struggling a lot, and since we can't carry then anymore dungeons and trial are taking double the time or we just watch everyone die slowly wipe.

More to come...

Post edited by grizord2#2543 on

Comments

• russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Fully agree on second VT boss. We got to them in a random group in 10 minutes, it then took 5 minutes to kill him, total time in dungeon after killing Valindra was just over 20 minutes.

That means 1/4 of overall time was spent just wailing away at Shatterspine. Plus his hits were not really affecting anyone so there wasn't even a challenge, it just took ages.
  • haemavore#9669 haemavore Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'd like to add that regular mobs in normal zones can also have this issue. Batiri Shaman may also have high hp, or they are taking much less damage. The time it takes to kill one is tedious in the extreme.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

Hi, this is a list of mobs that have a stranger amount of hp that i found while playing. Fell free to contribute on comments.

Valindras Tower: 2º boss has a lot of hp comparable to Valindra (reduce his Hp, DON'T increase Valindra's)

I've noticed this too. That bone skeleton has either a ton of HP or DEFENSE.

Temple of Spiders: Did some fine runs, 1 and 2 bosses are taking about 2 minutes to kill even with a now skilled group, last boss takes way longer (about 5) but is manageable.

I'd say this dungeon doesn't need any changes. It seemed though the very first boss took longer compared to second and final queen. No trouble if you have good healing support.

lair of Losthmauth: Last mobs before boss are way stronger than any other in the rest of the dungeon; Last boss still having bug mechanics related to the fire.

Yup. The final mob does hit hard. As for the final bossfight bug. The deadly lava graphics won't disappear after the mid sequence and during the second part, you won't take damage, just a graphic bug so you cannot actually see the red floors warning/indicator for the next lava drop. Wasn't an issue before udpate.

Dread Ring: Did everything as before, even speed run in the mini dungeons, mobs are hitting harder but its not a huge inconvenient.

Just a little more rewarding when ES5s are dropping... just a little. :p

Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • grimacefor#6158 grimacefor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I wanted to add to Batiri Shaman. From what I saw, it has way too high defense because I was doing damage in the 100s whereas normally it is in thousands. Either reduce its HP or damage resistance. It's a joke, I was throwing dalies and artefact power just to defeat this thing. I think other Batiri seem okay, I only just went back to Chult after the update though, so might notice more.

To comment on Svardborg, I don't know what it is but the fact is: Before the rework, I had joined random queue and gotten Svardborg, and while challenging it was completely doable, and didn't seem unfair or anything in the slightest. I'd never wiped before on it (not that I did it many times, admittedly). Now, each time I have done it the group has wiped, even before getting to the manticores. Something has definitely changed. But I am not an experience or maxed player by any means (iLevel about 32K, Wizard) but the point is I completed it before, in random queue.

Lastly, I felt the last boss of Temple of the Spider (Master) was very bullet-spongey and took ages to kill, not a massive issue it it just felt like "Oh goodness, this is taking forever." and was maybe a bit unwarrented, or perhaps our DPS was just too low...

• missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Just ran through CN with randoms. All bosses were fine, no problem there but boy oh boy those three green moving orbs right before Orcus are hitting really hard now. I could take one hit but for some low item levels surely one shots downs.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)