test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rework enchantments to help with new system

jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
With the new changes its impossible to cap all the stats that you want. As a dps i would like to be able to cap all offense stats and at least one defensive stat, but thats just not possible.
My sugestion is that all enchants also get a certain % for the given stat. For example an azure can give 240 rating and 2% defense.
This would help players alot i think and it would make enchants a lot less useless than they are right now.

BR
Jacob

Comments

• Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    There will be a status gain with the new companions gears that have been so criticized, but believe me, they are much better than the current ones since they give a lot of status. This will make it easier for players to achieve 50% of statuses. Even so your wish will not be possible, and you will have to make choices as now.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    I suspect since they gave us the guaranteed upgrade on enchants now with preswards, they have lost considerable money with enchants. I remember once burning through over 200 wards with a one in 50 odds once. If this is the case, they need to find a different cash cow so it made no sense for them to make enchantments worthwhile any longer. Most likely new gear that only drops in lock boxes or you can buy with only TBs will be the new must have addons. We shall see.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Not being able to cap everything is the point, why bother with a Tank if a DPS can attain the same level of defensive stats?

DPS are meant to be Glass Cannons with survivability coming only in exchange for Offense.

Tanks have all the survivability in the world in exchange for have low Offensive ability.

Healers only require a fraction of the Offensive stats (Power, Crit Chance and Severity) and are then free to add to their survivability as much as possible.

The closer you gt to maxing out everything, the better your overall stats will be.
  • Options
    jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I'm not sugesting that enchants should offer enough % stats to break the game and make dps be able to cap all defensive stats, I'm sugesting a small percentage to let dps maybe get one defensive stat to maybe 60-65%. Righ now I'm seeing tanks quit the game cause even they cant cap their defensive stats. And i also think that enchants has prob been one if the biggest investment/grind overall for endgame players to max out, and now the enchants give barely anything. I dont want dps to be able to tank mobs/bosses either, but i also think they shouldn't be 1 shotted by everything.
  • Options
    lol#8795 lol Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @tgwolf said:
    > The closer you gt to maxing out everything, the better your overall stats will be.

I have tested and determined this to be false, it works the opposite the closer to maxed you get the lower your overall will get.
    Main reason this mod failed, you assumed progression was rewarded but you never actually tried and viewed the results.
    Just because it's common sense for a system to work this way doesn't mean it actually does.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    This is an unprovable assumption, but looking at how they've significantly boosted the overall impact/balance of mounts & companions compared to enchantments, boons, armor and weapons, it appears to me at least that their entire plan is to coerce more players to spend money on the most expensive aspects of the game.

If players could still get a greater proportion of their stats from cheaper sources there would be less incentive.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox