test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question- Wizard combat changes

bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
Hi all, I play on PS4 with no chance to enter the preview server. So I´d like to ask, if there is something new (good or bad) regarding the Wizard after combat changes went live.

Thanks to everyone.

Comments

• xanderleopard2#4636 xanderleopard2 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i tried thaumaturge single target it is still awful. people with several K lower than my item level do more damage than my thaumature single target. back to arcanist with that stupid arcane empowerment daily again... ugh...
  • onethree13#1845 onethree13 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    No, the Wizard class is still not competitive. I was in a few dungeons with friends today and still didn't feel "respect for my character".
  • juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I was doing great with my Thaum before changes. Well, not end-game great but playable. I went to River District today (which she has completed the entire campaign) and she could not even do Riverside Rumble. She had been soloing many of the small heroics, but not now. I have re-done all I can without buying a bunch of stuff that may or may not work, but she just cannot stay alive there now. Guess she will sit at the campfire now.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    IMO, the following would be a good place to start with Wizard buff:

* Swap the positions of Repel and Shard of the Endless Avalanche
    * Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Now also adds Chill to damaged enemies.
    * Fireball: Switch the Mastery to same as regular, except also deals double damage to the primary target.
    * Chill Strike: have this skill gain double damage bonus from Chill Stacks, but no longer create chill stacks.
    * Icy Terrain: recharges 1 second faster on Mastery.
    * Fanning the Flame: reduce recharge by 2 seconds.
    * Lightning Bolt: Reduce activation time in half.
    * Imprisonment: Make the current Mastery effect default. New Mastery effect: Lightning deals double damage to imprisoned foe.

*New Icy Rays: (3 charges) Recharge time 8 seconds. Range 40 feet. Beam Width 7 feet. Activation: .25 seconds. Damage: 225 magnitude. Hits all targets up to 40 feet within its path. Damaged targets receive 2 stacks of Chill. On Mastery: Deals 250 magnitude.