test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UPDATE [Console] Certain Dungeons/Trials Temporarily Disabled

Comments

• luckyatlove#7418 luckyatlove Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Big boss fight for dungeon in Omu (don’t recall name - fight thru temple and have to beat snake person and there are folks locked in cages you have to free) consistently crashes at fight onset.
  • alphanate#0863 alphanate Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Same issue here, glad to know it's being addressed.
  • ricmicudo#2652 ricmicudo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Blue screening in multiple zones. Sometimes during combat. Sometimes while on Mount. Reinstall did not help.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    This occurred fighting mobs in shadowfell in Neverdeath Graveyard. Unable to complete quest.

To trigger:

Go into shadowfell to open the locks
    Open the 4 locks and then proceed up to the last encounter area to activate the shadow lock.

This has occurred twice with my rogue now and I cannot move on this questline
    Post edited by flyball#6248 on
  • starsue#7412 starsue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    I Olay my game everyday and after your update my game keeps restarting.Please help me.
  • chergabers#0846 chergabers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    Game crashes to home on engaging the end boss of this instance. I was able to come back in and try it again to the same result. Unable to complete.
  • sartan360sartan360 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same issue,tried twice doesnt matter if you skip cutscene or not still dashbording.
  • haemavore#9669 haemavore Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    PS4, also having this issue in areas. Sea of Moving Ice and Chult are particularly bad from my experience.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

I opened this thread and currently merging all other discussions in to have an overview.

We are aware of crashes and texture issues on consoles - the dev team is actively working to fix this as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Thank you.
    Btw, does it help when we send error report via PlayStation when the game crashes, or does that only reach Sony and not you guys?
  • russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    So a few areas that might also be affected by the "frost giant" blue screen crashes that caused removal of certain dungeons:-

Stronghold Marauders
    The Runestead - Sea of Moving Ice
  • russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Destroying 5 totems quest in Sea of Moving Ice almost impossible due to their vicinity to Frost Giants.
  • michelee#4229 michelee Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I bluescreened 5 or 6 times in Fane boss on Friday. Got frustrated and turned the game off. I can barely solo in vallenhas on my DC now thank you.
  • fionavir#2354 fionavir Member Posts: 4 New User
    So I'm crashing to blue screen on only one of my toons. The only places I've been are Sea of Moving Ice (Runestead & other areas). Constant within 1-5 minutes of logging back in.
  • jyloe#3608 jyloe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Fane of the Night Serpent is also crashing at the boss if no one has said that yet.
  • cecil2xs#3048 cecil2xs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    fane of the night serpent crashed every time i opened the second cage to let the wizards out. please fix this, it happened 6 times in a row consistently
  • slapajoinjun#2751 slapajoinjun Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Last night on tomb of the nine goes the glitch started happening at the end where it continued to wipe. No problems until.the end boss.
  • slapajoinjun#2751 slapajoinjun Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    In mantol derith trying to do the AD weekly quest it keeps glitching. You get him half way and the game blanks out. Hey back into the game it puts you back in the same place but kicks out as soon as you start fighting it boots again.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Attempting last boss in Fane of Night serpent casues game to crash to Xbox home screen.

Attempting to fight giants(don't remember which specific type of giant, but probably same as in FBI) in Cold run causes game to crash to Xbox home screen.

Guild mates have stated that Ballad of Baphomet weekly won't finish as it should, that it's broken.

Also(this was happening even before update) at once, or more on every toon( I have 5) the game crashes to log in screen on map change. This happens when going into qs, changing from one map instance to another, and into instanced content(such as House of Crocodile in Soshenstar River). It seems to be happening more often since the combat rework. I'm always able to get back to where I was trying to go, but this is a new issue for me. Never happened in the last 3 yrs before about 3 weeks ago. I know it's not my internet, as no one else in the house has an issue with any other game they play when I'm having issues in NW...
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    As you are aware several dungeons have been removed because the giants are causing game crashes... the same holds true for the sea of moving ice.... and its a weekly legacy quest this week...

I can't complete the quests there as the giants constantly dashboard me.
  • mjt1968mjt1968 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My tr went to ambush the frost giants in cold run, blue screen, try to log back into her blue screen every time. All other characters log no problem.
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    The howling maw quest where you have to rescue the sacrificial victims keeps freezing/crashing. You get that awful sound then nothing. You have to quit the game unless it kicks you completely.
  • jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Fighting the group of enemies at 2363, 3216 in the stronghold causes bluescreens 4/5 times.
  • abysswalker#4253 abysswalker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    So as of right now, I personally know of four specific enemies that cause this crash.

Death Slaad - Spinward Rise (Howling Maw)
    Shadar-kai Witch - Vellosk
    Soul Slaver - Ebon Downs
    Frost Giants - Sea of Moving Ice (Not experienced by me)

Edit: Area also does not matter, these are just examples. Any instance of these enemies can cause the crash. I play on the Series X so I'm unsure if it is generation specific or not.

The crash seems to be coming from a specific attack that these enemies do. Sometimes if you stun lock or interrupt them constantly, you'll be fine. However, if they play the animation of the attack at all, the game crashes. So far the only work around seems to be stun locking and brute force. Characters with high survival can live through the crash like my Soulweaver Warlock, but my Assassin Rogue dies every time.

Unsure if line of sight matters at all here and I'm sure there are more enemies that contribute to this list. This also only started happening after the patch a few days ago. I know it's being worked on but hopefully a blanket fix comes soon as many quests are effectively soft locked until then.

Edit 2: Line of sight does not matter. Will crash within a certain vicinity, perhaps render distance? Unsure. Crashes happen at the very start of the attack and seems to become stable a few seconds after.
    Post edited by abysswalker#4253 on
  • muzza799#3349 muzza799 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Mass bluescreens at a T3 influence run tonight at 1 stronghold in my alliance. 10 out of 11 players bluescreened.
  • wolfseso#1009 wolfseso Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Since the combat changes on PS4. Several of my characters and guildies get stuck in a loop of blue screens while questing in stronghold or trying to fight a dragon flight or marauders.
    This continuous bluescreening obviously causes lots of frustration
    as we are loosing out on the rewards of the stronghold events.
  • abysswalker#4253 abysswalker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah, its like that for everyone it seems. So far there are four enemies that cause this issue that I know of.

Soul Slaver
    Frost Giant
    Shadar-kai Witch
    Death Slaad

These enemies have a unique attack that causes the crash. A work around is to try and stunlock them but this is very inconsistent. There is another forum labeled something like [Merged] Frost Giants that is the current thread for this issue.

Otherwise try to avoid these enemies as much as possible for now. Until a fix is made these quests are effectively softlocked.
  • bigananibiganani Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Ebon Downs, anytime you fight the soul slayers who have the ghosts captured, results in a crash.

I started playing only about a week and half ago. I have 5 characters that I am trying out, to figure out what class I like best. All of them are in the Ebon Downs zone now. It crashes for all of them. If I try to skip zones, Vellosk is the next zone, and the mob there causes the crash.
    Post edited by biganani on
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I am blocked for continue crash at mission the runestead in Sea of moving ice, i can't play, the game try load but crash before loading, my sistem is ps5, please help me to leave out of there

I have had to reinstalling game to getting leave that mission, horrible experience, please try fix asap