test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expedition Pack of Fairy Finds - Mount claim

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
The new Expedition Pack of Fairy Finds was released today on PC. The new Butterfly Wings mount is account-wide reclaimable and the tooltip will be updated to reflect that.

Check out the Dev Blog for more info on the new pack!

Comments

• theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Your announcement is misleading. It shows the new flower barkshield as R12.
    But the Zen store clearly shows its only R9. That's just not right.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Does the companion really have a 50% damage reduction power agains Trolls and Fey? That's super overpowered if you fight against these types of enemies. Also it shows an epic companion with these powers but if those stats are really the stats at epic the mythic version is what? 80% damage reduction?

If it isn't the case that the companion doesn't have a 50% damage reduction I would also call this false advertising because you can't even see the companion that you get when you buy the pack now in the zen store and the only information on that companion is the screenshot in the post.
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Not gonna buy this until the developers, or community-MANAGER, clarify the issues that have been raised in the above posts....I would suggest nobody else buys it either until then. Just a safe bet,
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Well, the Dev Blog link leads back here
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11482873
    i guess that's the right one?

And considering the Eladrin is showing up as bound to character, i guess it will also be an account-wide unlock like the mount... otherwise it should be tradable between players. Not to mention, where in the Nine Hells are players not buying this pack going to get a 50% damage resistance specifically tailored for this new module?!

Last but not least, do we have to pay another 50$ to unlock more rewards/get more time in that new campaign as well, like it was with the Redeemed Citadel?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    From what I understand, it will function like redeemed citadel campaign. So I am assuming, reforger blessing for extra junk . I hope I’m wrong , dead wrong ... :()
    Any clarification if indeed this is a rank 12 barkshield? Is companion account wide ? Can one of you pc people lmk the cost as well ?
    Regards
  • longears#1393 longears Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm a fool. Bought this because advertising showed rank 12. It's not.
    Well for 10k zen it should be a 12 . They need to change that . picture shows Rank 12 .
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    No update on this thread but the blog has been updated with all the corrections:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11482873

I have learned to wait at least one patch to give them a chance to get things corrected as most of the time something is wrong if you buy early.

At least the flower barkshield armor enchantment was able to be viewed on the Zen store as rank 9 versus the advertised 12 but the companion was a clear miss communication and there is quite a difference between 50% damage resistance and the new value of 15%.

As we are going to need 10 mythic companions for 100% bolster I think they missed a great opportunity to provide a Mythic companion in this pack. I am sure it would have driven sales much better than an epic butterfly wings account wide and an epic companion (one character only) once mod 20 drops on live.

I also would have preferred if the companion was epic that it was account wide also but I suspect they wanted Zen buyers to put this companion in the auction hall as a way for others to purchase.

But my best advice is buyer beware given all the history of miss communication.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    It is 100% a rank 9 coming from the pack. Was a typo in the blog. I chatted with support last night and my ticket was updated to confirm this. BUT I learned from my past mistakes and asked first. Personally I've never bought a pack like this with cash, I think I might still buy this one. I just needed to know what I was getting before buying cause I get angry when I find out after and have played the role of Karen enough lol
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, numbers have changed, but my question remains the same, where will players that haven't bought this pack from the store or the companion (i guess AH prices for it will be around several millions AD, especially with the AD flooding in from exchanging Bonding Runesteons) from the Auction House get their 15% damage resistance from?

A couple of modules from now:
    Devs: "Good news everyone! We're going to remove enemy specific resistances."
    Players: "Why did i buy this companions for xy $/xy millions AD again?!"

Remember Black Ice and Everfrost Resistances...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • rainbow#6026 rainbow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Please help me almighty euro fixers!))) I'm from Drider. I bought two sets of fairies for the speedy passage of the new dungeon and the development of the new content Sharandar +. The set includes a mount like butterfly wings. I immediately put on some wings and fly them in locations like a Winx fairy) others I sold, because I read the news that the wings are available to everyone on the account.
    What a disappointment it was when I did not find them at the awards agent. In deep despair, I turned to those support, for a long time arguing that the wings should be available to everyone on the account, and what did I get in return? Russian technical support could not help me, because it does not have a solution to this problem, and in response to my long tearful proofs, I received an answer that I would not receive my wonderful wings with everyone on my account from one set because I sold wings from another set.
    This is very dishonest and unfair, after this just don't want to encourage and support the game with your cash injections!
  • jonnyblackjackjonnyblackjack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Rainbow#6026, I know it has been a couple weeks since you post, but did you try checking the mounts in the Zen store? Mounts that I have purchased in packs can be claimed by my other characters for free in the Zen store.
  • diegofblima#9217 diegofblima Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Rainbow#6026, I know it has been a couple weeks since you post, but did you try checking the mounts in the Zen store? Mounts that I have purchased in packs can be claimed by my other characters for free in the Zen store.

I bought Expedition Pack of Fairy Finds, of Twisted Shadows and Good Intentions, and i can't claim neither the mounts nor the companions on the Zen store, besides the character i bought the pack with. I hope they fix it soon